Olympic Contest Updates

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:42 AM

First, good news, the armory is updating again and the lists are filling out. If your team doesn't show up within 24 hours of it appearing on the armory, please reply in this thread.

Just a few updates and clarification based on the common questions we have received:

1) If you break 2200, and we have it recorded, you will receive max tickets even if you dip below again. So once you have 2200, you can continue to play the team as normal. Don't continue to play until you are sure we have it if you are worried.

2) We have lowered the restriction to > 70% of the games played to be eligible. This should still make sure only the main competitors get credit while relaxing the restriction a bad to take into account DCs, someone leaving, etc. New rule: To be eligible to win you must have competed in at least 70% of the games played, or be within 100 PR. (Exceptions may be made if deemed necessary by the judges, but at least one member must meet the requirements or the team will be throw out under the assumption it has been purchased.)

3) You can be on one team per bracket per character. The caveat being, you can only win one prize.

4) If you participate with someone who competes on another team, we will treat all those members as if they were on one larger team then randomly pick someone within the team to get the prize. Example: Druid + Rogue play, same Druid + Warrior play. Druid + Rogue + Warrior are one team with one entry, and only 2 of the 3 will get a prize. Summary: Don't compete on more than one team in the same bracket.

Any other questions, please feel free to let us know. We are glad to see such great participation and look forward to doing more future events.

#2 Yurkora

Yurkora

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

woot!

#3 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:41 AM

Update, forgot the new once you break 2200 we keep it forever rule :)

#4 Kham

Kham
  • Junkies

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

Looks like the US armory is updating for all BGs except Whirlwind. lol

#5 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

I saw 4-5 AJOlympic team names while selling PR tonight, was pretty cool!

#6 EMCL

EMCL
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:24 PM

Not sure if I understand #3 right, so I'm an idiot for disbanding both my 2v2 and 3v3 teams? Or can I get tickets for both teams?

My mage and I have (atm) over 2k in both 2s and 3s, with a rogue in 3s. So will we get tickets for the 2v2 PLUS the 3v3, or only the highest one?

#7 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

You will get tickets for the 2v2 and 3v3, but you can only win one prize. So no, it was smart to have two teams :)

#8 Vex

Vex
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:05 AM

how will players be receiving the card code/beta keys, do we get a mail in game or our accounts on here?

#9 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:07 AM

I believe they are physical objects, so we will either contact you in game to make sure your information here is up to date and to gather any further information needed.

#10 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

[quote name='Kham']Looks like the US armory is updating for all BGs except Whirlwind. lol[/QUOTE]

:(

[quote]I believe they are physical objects, so we will either contact you in game to make sure your information here is up to date and to gather any further information needed.[/quote]

For the contest I won for BC, the website forwarded the emails to blizzard and they sent the beta key to the email, but I imagine you'd be the one to know more than me for this one.

Edited by Craton, 15 August 2008 - 08:43 AM.
Grammar is hard.

화이팅

#11 Zoia

Zoia
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

Ok i got 2000 with this one rogue but im gana drop him and try it again with another rogue. Since ill have 2 different 2v2 teams that are 2k+ what will happen?

#12 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

[quote name='Zoia']Ok i got 2000 with this one rogue but im gana drop him and try it again with another rogue. Since ill have 2 different 2v2 teams that are 2k+ what will happen?[/quote]
We will treat both teams as if they are one, then random at the appropriate ratios within the team if you win.

#13 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:57 AM

Updated the 70% rule to be slightly more flexible still. It now reads:

To be eligible to win you must have competed in at least 70% of the games played, or be within 100 PR. (Exceptions may be made if deemed necessary by the judges, but at least one member must meet the requirements or the team will be throw out under the assumption it has been purchased.)

#14 Sabottage

Sabottage
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

We can even disband the 2.2k team we have once it's in record, right?

#15 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:19 PM

[quote name='Sabottage']We can even disband the 2.2k team we have once it's in record, right?[/quote]
Correct, but please take a screenshot just in case for me :)

#16 Dhorik

Dhorik
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:32 AM

will the winners be announced tommorow

#17 icelancelot92

icelancelot92
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:38 AM

Hey whats up,I just made my team a few hours ago and it hasnt showed up on armory,name is AJOlympicsAndyLikesMen,2118 2v2,on the Cenarius server. Screenshot as proof

[url]http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowscrnshot082308203459tr4.jpg[/url]

Name:AJOlympicsAndyLikesMen
Players: Danish+Andyxioe
Server:Cenarius
Rating:2118(2v2)

Thanks!

#18 Arkenbane

Arkenbane
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:44 AM

soo i dont think we made it in time we hit 2k around 9 pm west coast time so id imagine thats to late eh?

#19 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:52 AM

It's going to run through the end of today. We will post an update later this evening as we try to figure out the best way to deal with the armory issues.

#20 Arkenbane

Arkenbane
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:56 AM

[quote name='Tyveris']It's going to run through the end of today. We will post an update later this evening as we try to figure out the best way to deal with the armory issues.[/QUOTE]
ah ok thnx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<