• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1288
  • 3v3: 288
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:09 PM

While inspecting most top-tier rogues they seem to be going for the Crit/Mastery cloak rather than the Haste/Mastery one, even though the Haste/Mastery one gives slight more Mastery.

Now my question is, do Sub Rogues want to skip Haste as much as possible due to it being a bad stat and only pick it up if there's nothing else?

#2 Vaneesh

Vaneesh
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:27 PM

http://www.arenajunk...rogue-62-guide/

Honestly, the difference isn't large enough to be worth losing hairs over it. The piece has Mastery on it and that is what matters the most for the sake of overall pressure and burst.

Also, while Haste isn't great it should be noted that it isn't worthless either as a small amount of Haste scales decently when sitting on a large chunk of Mastery.

I would say that the 'biggest' factor in deciding between Mastery/Crit or Mastery/Haste pieces would be whether the Rogue is running Death From Above or Venom Rush, respectively. I think Arenas favor DFA nowadays, although I've been a bit out of touch so someone else might be able to comment on that.

#3 Furi1

Furi1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1258
  • 3v3: 384
  • RBG: 1667

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

crit/mastery

#4 Manacheli

Manacheli
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1288
  • 3v3: 288
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

Honestly, the difference isn't large enough to be worth losing hairs over it. The piece has Mastery on it and that is what matters the most for the sake of overall pressure and burst.

Also, while Haste isn't great it should be noted that it isn't worthless either as a small amount of Haste scales decently when sitting on a large chunk of Mastery.

I would say that the 'biggest' factor in deciding between Mastery/Crit or Mastery/Haste pieces would be whether the Rogue is running Death From Above or Venom Rush, respectively. I think Arenas favor DFA nowadays, although I've been a bit out of touch so someone else might be able to comment on that.

You're right, the difference between the two isn't that noticeable. I was mainly wondering which of the two would be better when taking the stats of both items in consideration. I think it's a bit of a min-maxing thing for me haha.

I'm not really sure but I usually play with DfA over Venom Rush. I personally think Venom Rush isn't to great as you will have to keep targets poisoned to get it's full useage. And poisons don't last that long enough for it, but that's just my opinion. Maybe I have to try it out in arena again some time.

Thanks for clearing up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<