• US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1722
  • 3v3: 1949
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:50 AM

When I play against DKs they are very hard to kill, I've seen Joefernandes lose very hard to some DK double dps teams where the DK just doesn't die and obviously he's very good.

When I play I seem to die easily. If a rogue's on me I death strike, death syphon, ERW and death strike some more but it seems to only prolong things by about 10 seconds or so (less if 2 dps are on me in 2s). Any tips for a noob trying to survive as a DK?

Should I be prioritising death strike? Death syphon doesn't seem to do much. Should I sit in blood presence? Or frost presence for more runes = more taps = more death syphons? Should I always go chillblains? Never use plague strike when I'm double dps in case I need runes for DS?

Any gearing tips? (Have secondary rings with versa, always run max versa gear?)

Thanks..

#2 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:02 PM

- Go blood pres, and maximize your death runes: plague leech, blood tap etc, death siphon will be your main healing, if they switch off you be sure to go frost asap as its quite a big dps loss to stay blood as DW frost.

- Sometimes its good to save your burst cds (pillar + on use trinket) for when your opponent has their big damage cds, as often these are longer than a minute cd and you heal for a lot more with death siphon with pillar + on use up. e.g. if rogue is on you let him build up to red spree then pop your cds to counter his extra damage with your extra healing. After red spree you should be able to stabilize and focus on damage a bit more.

- in 2s especially if the DPS is training you try and drag him into awkward positions so his healer has to come to you or he will be reluctant to chase

- another handy tip for 2s is glyph of empowerment : 30% of hp healed on Empower Rune weapon. Don't waste your ERW solely for the heal but its often useful for rushing down healers when you end up low anyway for a free big heal whilst going for a kill.

- Depends on your partner but for most viable comps (feral / ww) its chillbains 90% of the time due to them having plenty of stuns already

#3 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 768

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

- Depends on your partner but for most viable comps (feral / ww) its chillbains 90% of the time due to them having plenty of stuns already

Have people really not tried playing asphyx with ferals yet? With WW ofc Chilblains, but with Feral you can reliably turn asphyx into strangulate, except it's free and with only 30s cd.

I don't play that much anymore, but I feel like this is something that could be really good? Because of Incarnation's 30 second duration, you can get 2 complete stun DRs off on your target (healer lel), which also means 2 strangulates in the span of 30 seconds, rather than 1 minute.

Edited by Forumz, 17 December 2015 - 09:40 PM.

Posted Image

#4 xGladius

xGladius
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:54 AM

Run around the pillar

#5 Fennixqt

Fennixqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1199
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1335

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:49 AM

- another handy tip for 2s is glyph of empowerment : 30% of hp healed on Empower Rune weapon. Don't waste your ERW solely for the heal but its often useful for rushing down healers when you end up low anyway for a free big heal whilst going for a kill.

This is very dependant on what comp ur facing. In my personal preference I never go for this glyph, I'd rather have glyph of runic power instead where I can keep in blood press and continue doing more damage.

#6 Dottzx

Dottzx
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/0/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 957
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:27 AM

maybe this will help

World of Warcraft PvP montages, tutorials, and more!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/dottzgaming
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/dottzgaming/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DottzGaming
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dottzgaming

#7 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 575
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:55 AM

The best way to succeed in 2s is to play as gay as you possibly can, or atleast i just leave the game instantly when i face those kind of people and beacuse wod 2s is the most booring shit i've ever played :D

Edited by FeralNisse, 19 December 2015 - 09:06 AM.

#8 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:05 AM

Have people really not tried playing asphyx with ferals yet? With WW ofc Chilblains, but with Feral you can reliably turn asphyx into strangulate, except it's free and with only 30s cd.

I don't play that much anymore, but I feel like this is something that could be really good? Because of Incarnation's 30 second duration, you can get 2 complete stun DRs off on your target (healer lel), which also means 2 strangulates in the span of 30 seconds, rather than 1 minute.

I think its not reliable, because it only works during incarn

#9 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

try carrying some health potions next time
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#10 jgw

jgw
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1722
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:29 PM

I got a bit better at it but then realised I just learnt it sort of like you learn something at a job.

Then I went back to play LoL because it's actually fun and not just based around learning a million things and beating people who've learnt less.

#11 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:03 AM

I got a bit better at it but then realised I just learnt it sort of like you learn something at a job.

Then I went back to play LoL because it's actually fun and not just based around learning a million things and beating people who've learnt less.

Not saying LoL isn't fun but LoL is heavily based around that as well lol, more so arguably.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<