Photo

Elemental - weapon enchant multistrike, why not?

elemental weapon enchant

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zoobip

Zoobip
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:28 AM

Hi everyone,

It seems most shamans choose to go with the haste enchant - and the haste proc is indeed very nice for a rare fast hex or faster globals in general, when it procs - BUT the multistrike enchant doesn't seem to get any attention at all.

Has anyone tried running with the multistrike enchant (mark of the frostwolf), and how did you find it? pro/cons :)

#2 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:24 PM

haste op

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#3 Metaclassx

Metaclassx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1688
  • 3v3: 2242
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:48 PM

Haste increases speed of dot ticks of Flame Shock (and therefore, more Lava Surge procs), cast times of all spells and GCD's.
Aside from the haste enchant being insanely good, it also scales better as a stat in PvP then multistrike does, even though MS scales better in PvE

Edited by Metaclassx, 15 December 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#4 Zoobip

Zoobip
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

with haste the faster flameshock ticks give more procs of instant lava bursts - that is great.

But the benefit of multistrike in pvp seems to be a topic that many disagree about.

In PvE you get two "rolls" for a multistrike spell to go off - but in PvP you only get one "roll" for a multistrike spell to go off.

However - is it correct that if I have 50% of the multistrike stat, then I should get two 25% chance rolls for multistrikes in PvE. BUT in PvP i get one 50% chance roll for a multistrike?

If that is the way it works, you should not be losing total damage, but "only" suffer the potential extra burst from the two spells you had in PvE.

This is one of the places I found confusing arguments. Random players talking - but does anyone have a blue-comment about this topic?
http://us.battle.net...53777082?page=2

Edited by Zoobip, 16 December 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#5 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:06 PM

However - is it correct that if I have 50% of the multistrike stat, then I should get two 25% chance rolls for multistrikes in PvE. BUT in PvP i get one 50% chance roll for a multistrike?

If that is the way it works, you should not be losing total damage, but "only" suffer the potential extra burst from the two spells you had in PvE.
http://us.battle.net...53777082?page=2

old and outdated information, multistrike has 2x chances to proc in pve and 1x chance to proc in pvp, with no additional proc chance in pvp to compensate

Has anyone tried running with the multistrike enchant (mark of the frostwolf), and how did you find it? pro/cons :)

if you want a realistic answer, you will probably not even notice the difference between the two over a large session of games - if you just want whichever enchant is "best", then pick the haste one and try not to think about it too much

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 16 December 2015 - 12:10 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#6 Zoobip

Zoobip
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:01 PM

Yea, maybe it is indeed best to just put the haste enchant on and not worry about it anymore, It just feels a little sad when "Elemental Overload" looks so tasty.
(20% increased chance to multistrike - 20% extra damage from multistikes - gain 10% more of the multistrike stat from all sources)

BTW: is versatility below multistrike and crit still?

Edited by Zoobip, 16 December 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

Yea, maybe it is indeed best to just put the haste enchant on and not worry about it anymore, It just feels a little sad when "Elemental Overload" looks so tasty.

consider it practice for next expansion, when enchants are disabled during instanced pvp and your stats are assigned based on a set profile for your spec, irrevevant of the gear you are wearing :)

but yea agreed, it does feel a little sad not having to care about little things like this

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elemental, weapon enchant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<