Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:31. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Boosted rogue to 100 what spec to play

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sugelol

Sugelol
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents:

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:29 AM

So I reactivated WoW after a couple of years and a little out of touch. I'm playing mainly for 2s,3s and RBGs.

I've been playing combat mainly but I feel like its not bursty enough to finish a target unless I have red buff + KS

I tried sub but I suck at it

I see tons of people play assas but only a few top rated rogues in 2s and 3s are playing it.

In full PvP gear with a few pieces of S3 gear.

Any advice on what spec to play? I know it is going to take practice to master it but I'm not sure what spec to focus on. I also do arena with priest/shaman if that makes a difference.

#2 Vaneesh

Vaneesh
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

Assassination is a good gateway drug :P but right now it (IMO) isn't as efficient as Combat or Sub.

I've been playing combat mainly but I feel like its not bursty enough to finish a target unless I have red buff + KS

That's pretty much WoW PvP nowadays. You work towards the highest point in your damage curve then use a cooldown to secure a kill. Between KS, AR and MFD + Shadow Reflection + Kidney, you should be able to chain kills with relative ease.

#3 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

combat is the freest title in the past 10 years