Photo

New to 3s

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sethayla

Sethayla
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2015 - 12:26 AM

Hey guys, I'm a frost mage and I want to get into 3v3 arena's.
But the thing is there is so much to watch:
Where is my healer, where is their healer.
Who is trying to cc someone, who do I need to interupt or dispell.
Is my poly on dr, does my healer/dps need some help?

Do you guys have some tips what to focus, to get used to overseeing all these things?

Greetings,

A newb to 3s!

#2 Migutu

Migutu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1647
  • 3v3: 1696
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 958

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

Everything you listed, you always have to keep an eye on. The entire point of a mage playstyle is not only to line up massive amounts of bursts coordinated with your teammates from a good position, but to have as much control lined up as possible on the opposing team.

These are things you just learn and overtime they become second nature. You won't even think about it, you'll just do it. Granted, there are certain situations that are on a case-by-case basis (i.e if you're trying to help a teammate survive, then pumping out burst and counter-spelling the enemy healer probably won't be effective in stopping your teammate from dying. You'll want to CS their caster dps, if they have one, and defensively control them as much as possible while your healer tops off your teammate.)

Source: Played mage since S1 of TBC

#3 Besabaftw

Besabaftw
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Outlaw 0/1/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1499
  • 3v3: 1474
  • RBG: 1669

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:59 AM

Everything you listed, you always have to keep an eye on. The entire point of a mage playstyle is not only to line up massive amounts of bursts coordinated with your teammates from a good position, but to have as much control lined up as possible on the opposing team.

These are things you just learn and overtime they become second nature. You won't even think about it, you'll just do it. Granted, there are certain situations that are on a case-by-case basis (i.e if you're trying to help a teammate survive, then pumping out burst and counter-spelling the enemy healer probably won't be effective in stopping your teammate from dying. You'll want to CS their caster dps, if they have one, and defensively control them as much as possible while your healer tops off your teammate.)

Source: Played mage since S1 of TBC

find us a druid and do 3s with me? XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<