• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1642
  • 3v3: 2010
  • RBG: 1591
  • Locationsweden

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

i've seen a mix of shadow priests choosing mastery staff and some haste staff, what is the reasoning behind it? im getting confused

#2 stickyjam

stickyjam
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:15 PM

I mean it's 2-3% of mastery/crit vs 3-4% of haste(remembering we get +5% haste) /multi

http://www.wowhead.c...:86:76:67:65:61

In a long dps fight they'd be pretty similar, you'll obviously see slightly bigger damage numbers during your MB+MS burst windows with the mastery/crit wep though...
big
I have a haste deprived priest running the mastery enchant on the crit/mastery weapon and although the big numbers are cool, 90k+ MBs sometimes, the lack of haste is odd to play...

Edited by stickyjam, 14 December 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#3 Drditchgill

Drditchgill
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1642
  • 3v3: 2010
  • RBG: 1591
  • Locationsweden

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:41 AM

I mean it's 2-3% of mastery/crit vs 3-4% of haste(remembering we get +5% haste) /multi

http://www.wowhead.c...:86:76:67:65:61

In a long dps fight they'd be pretty similar, you'll obviously see slightly bigger damage numbers during your MB+MS burst windows with the mastery/crit wep though...
big
I have a haste deprived priest running the mastery enchant on the crit/mastery weapon and although the big numbers are cool, 90k+ MBs sometimes, the lack of haste is odd to play...

i talked to eros yesterday and he told me the reasoning behind choosing mastery staff this season is becuase we can get 25% haste with all the gear but i'ts just odd that the haste staff was the best WoD S2 and now it's all changed all of a sudden

#4 stickyjam

stickyjam
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:54 AM

i talked to eros yesterday and he told me the reasoning behind choosing mastery staff this season is becuase we can get 25% haste with all the gear but i'ts just odd that the haste staff was the best WoD S2 and now it's all changed all of a sudden

Well Eros took haste staff on atleast 1 of his priests, so I'm sure he's in 2 minds too.
This seasons only 10ilvls, stats will be barely changing..

There were plenty of US high rated priests playing crit/mastery staff last season too, it's a couple of percent due to so many gear slots being forced now that it hardly matters, it's going to come down to how well you play your shatter setups more.

Though rechecking ladders seems the bias is towards crit/mastery staff and plenty running mastery enchant too

I'd more interested if anyones feeling the rng of the mastery enchant for the extra burst more this season now that base haste levels will be higher.

Edited by stickyjam, 15 December 2015 - 01:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<