• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:50 AM

How competative and viable is unholy compared to frost? And What would you recommend, and priority of spells/rune managment? any tips for frost would also be appreciated. Just returned for the first time to WoD
the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth

#2 Cenobite

Cenobite
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:32 AM

Forget, stick to frost, no point of playing Unholy dk in the current meta, maybe if they had buffed necrotic plague 40% dmg maybe, but right now stick to play Dual wield frost dk

#3 Ooshamanoo

Ooshamanoo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 192

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

Idk, I was boosting a rdruid as frost vs hpal / UH DK yesterday, i took asphixiate over chillbrains and chaining didn't seem to slow him... was pretty annoying especially if they could control their pets right, might be viable vs teams with many slows but there's no way to predetermine that if you're not like 3k rated and know the teams queing up in 2s or 3s :P And for DW Frost you can rot just as well as unholy now imo with increased burst. Only really viable in 2s vs bobs I guess

#4 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:02 PM

Forget, stick to frost, no point of playing Unholy dk in the current meta, maybe if they had buffed necrotic plague 40% dmg maybe, but right now stick to play Dual wield frost dk

Even if they had buffed necrotic plague that much it would still probably benefit DW frost more as you want to run with breath as unholy really for the burst.

#5 Cenobite

Cenobite
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2015 - 04:01 PM

Even if they had buffed necrotic plague that much it would still probably benefit DW frost more as you want to run with breath as unholy really for the burst.

that's why i said maybe, my point was that unholy is just not viable unless they do something radical like a huge dmg buff on unholy abilities or a complete class rework(which of course is not going to happen lol).

Again to the OP stick to frost dual wield simply becouse the spec does what unholy should do but better, ranged magic dmg ability? howling blast is aoe and does way more dmg than death coil and on top ofthat requires no runic power, melee magic dmg ability? well frost strike does what scourge strike/necrotic strike should do x100 times better, what about dots? np frost does as much dmg on dots as unholy, burst cooldowns? frost does it on a 1 min cooldown whereas unholy does it on a mediocre 2min(Breath of sindragosa) and 3min cooldown(Summon Gargoyle), PvP set bonuses, 2piece bonus goes better with frost dk abilities than unholy and even if you use the 4 set bonus frost benefits more from it than unholy(hello buff that gets dispelled).last of all, having two permanent death runes gives you better utility than unholy.

In summary i didn't say anything that isn't obvious, more than 3 reasons about why dual wield frost is just by far better than unholy sadly =(. and i said sadly becouse unholy has been my favourite spec since DKs inception.hell even the old frost dual wield spec back in the old days was way more fun that what we have now.

#6 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

We tried to play as unholy with my DK, and overall, it feels really "meh".
You have damage, but less than a frost, and less easier to do, considering you have to use your death rune as damage compared to frost which can use them only for heal, and deal damage with other tools and still have huge heals. By the way, if you play unholy, you should really try to play with Defile, it seems weird, but for the few tries we did, it's really powerful, more than Sindragosa which is a huge "HEY I'M BURSTING, HELLO.".

Frost is in every aspect better than Unholy, unfortunately. And the better gameplay as unholy doesn't help to have fun when you are near useless in arena.

And Timmy the ghoul is not really happy when a shockwave x3 hit you and you other dps.

Unholy need the old +X% passive strengh from MoP (Perhaps not 35%, but still.), and be able to deal lot of pressure alone considering this class bring only (retarded) damage to a team.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 11 December 2015 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:24 PM

You have damage, but less than a frost, and less easier to do, considering you have to use your death rune as damage compared to frost which can use them only for heal, and deal damage with other tools and still have huge heals. By the way, if you play unholy, you should really try to play with Defile, it seems weird, but for the few tries we did, it's really powerful, more than Sindragosa which is a huge "HEY I'M BURSTING, HELLO.".

Frost is in every aspect better than Unholy, unfortunately. And the better gameplay as unholy doesn't help to have fun when you are near useless in arena.

And Timmy the ghoul is not really happy when a shockwave x3 hit you and you other dps.

Unholy need the old +X% passive strengh from MoP (Perhaps not 35%, but still.), and be able to deal lot of pressure alone considering this class bring only (retarded) damage to a team.

I just can't help but feel the ghoul stun would be so great, especially when switching to a rogue or something. when im playing with strangulate.
the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth

#8 Cenobite

Cenobite
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

i can confirm this, saw volkovitch stream two days ago, he was playing unholy at first but well after all the turbos, godcomps and all the retarded comps out there he had to go frost for obvious reasons and i don't blame him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unholy, Dk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<