3 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:42 AM

Anyone know if it's worth using two mastery on use trinkets? I'm playing ret paladin for the first time and just wanted to know if it's worth stacking mastery or should I go with the usual human setup of on use str trinket / proc trinket? Thx in advance.

#2 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

on use + proc
The only variation is the Str + Versa trinket

#3 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:51 AM

Well, actually Mastery is pretty decent and definitely gives you a big damage boost. Its just that in most Arena Setups the Utility of Versatility outscales the offensive boost of going full Mastery. You get more endurable and have better healing capabilities.

If you want to 2s with a Healer, you can try it. If youre going double dps, scratch that.

In 3s just look how often you get trained in your comp and how often your team loses due to the pressure the enemies cause on you. If you hold up really well for most of the matches, you can try it.

In RBG i highly recommend going full mastery with PROC + STR / Mastery Accolade (if available) otherwise just with Proc + On Use. And please dont use Holy Avenger, its fuckin useless in RBG*s. Just go for Divine Purpose, track your procs and make the best use of it.

Mastery just outweighs Versatility and every other offstat by far as soon as you play with DP. When i recount my RBGs i usually have between 30-35% of my total damage only consisting of Hand of Light. My Ret sits at almost 100% Mastery selfbuffed (in PvP Mode) right now, and that scales for some insane dps in zergs.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#4 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/0/0/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1038
  • 3v3: 1569
  • 5v5: 1652
  • RBG: 1432