• Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1640
  • 3v3: 1213

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:49 AM

Hello,
yesterday I began doing arenas as Zombie Chicken Cleave (Frost DK Balance HPala).

I feel we did decently considering only dk and I had voice, but still we need some advice.

Turbo (and TSG, or any double melee comp) gives us the hardest time, we are pressed into a corner immediately and I have either have to spend the whole arena kiting for my dear life and sitting bear or spamming cyclone and roots on everything.

The moment we try to become offensive we blow up or they pop infinite cooldowns.
Paladin does his best with bops and fist of justice, dk does copy cc and goes chilblains but in the end it does not matter, seems melee got 100% uptime.
They usually end up with full hp as we cannot gain momentum.

RMD and other comps with poly/fear DR gave us an hard time.
The strategy that seems to work for us is disrupting the opener, TRAIN THE MAGE and making sure no poly ever goes off, is that the best we can do?

Lastly, what should be our main target against Shatter and warlock comps?
We cannot let the warlock alone else he'll spam fear and rot us down, but feels too resilient to focus down. If I try to CC him partners won't let me...

Sorry for the wall and thanks for your help.

#2 Fakalock

Fakalock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 950
  • 3v3: 2205
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationGuthenburg, Sweden

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:51 PM

Hello, never played this comp myself and i might not be a glad player. However i've play lock, disc, arms, boomkin and feral to ~2,1k. 2,2 as lock. And imo your best bet vs a lock comp is to sit him 100% of the time. If his partners get in an wierd position u can try a hardswop then back if u dont make it. Vs shatter u normaly sit priest but swop mage every time hey goes for a setup. Rmd will be hard due to the lack of kicks in your setup. Going mage is prolly the best way to go tho. And vs turbo i dont have an awnser. When i play we sit war to force him to be in def stance, then we swop sham and if war leaves def stance we go back. Every time we can get on druid we do. Generally druid should be the killtarget in turbo. Just make sure to save grip till efter he desplaser away.

#3 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:08 PM

If you replace the DK with a Frost Mage the comp goes from garbage tier to tier 1. WoD is systematic (very rock paper scissors) with matchups so if you play a bad comp you're going to have issues vs a lot of teams.

A defensive pointer is to constantly drag the melee out of LoS of their healer. That will force their healer to run out into the middle of the map and create an opportunity to swap or make him vulnerable to CC.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#4 Laptop

Laptop
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hello,
yesterday I began doing arenas as Zombie Chicken Cleave (Frost DK Balance HPala).

I feel we did decently considering only dk and I had voice, but still we need some advice.

Turbo (and TSG, or any double melee comp) gives us the hardest time, we are pressed into a corner immediately and I have either have to spend the whole arena kiting for my dear life and sitting bear or spamming cyclone and roots on everything.

The moment we try to become offensive we blow up or they pop infinite cooldowns.
Paladin does his best with bops and fist of justice, dk does copy cc and goes chilblains but in the end it does not matter, seems melee got 100% uptime.
They usually end up with full hp as we cannot gain momentum.

RMD and other comps with poly/fear DR gave us an hard time.
The strategy that seems to work for us is disrupting the opener, TRAIN THE MAGE and making sure no poly ever goes off, is that the best we can do?

Lastly, what should be our main target against Shatter and warlock comps?
We cannot let the warlock alone else he'll spam fear and rot us down, but feels too resilient to focus down. If I try to CC him partners won't let me...

Sorry for the wall and thanks for your help.

Your first problem is that it is not called 'Zombie Chicken Cleave' - the correct name is 'The Kevin Bacon'. Also, as my pal Avengelyne said, this comp is not too strong and playing with a Snowball Wizard would make this so much easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<