Legion: Rune of Power

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bl00dlust

bl00dlust
  • Junkies

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:38 AM

might actually be good like this https://twitter.com/...885494422769664

Rune of Power changes are not complete yet. It should have 2 charges, 45sec recharge, and drop at your feet

it's 50% damage increase. that could be some big burst if there's no cast for it and you just drop it. could easily drop one after getting off a poly

#2 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

might actually be good like this https://twitter.com/...885494422769664

might actually be completely retarded and horrible for the game like this, but then again these are the same idiots that brought us ice nova gameplay, so will almost definitely go live like this

that could be some big burst if there's no cast for it and you just drop it

1.5 second cast time currently

its basically a double strength incanters absorption from mop with a cast time and charge system, and i'm pretty sure everyone here remembers how incredibly stupid that ability was already

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 08 December 2015 - 03:11 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#3 Divinitum

Divinitum
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 2836
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:46 AM

I was looking at Arcane and I saw that they can do pretty insane CD stacking in legion.

Erosion - +20% damage taken from Arcane spells on target for 10 sec. 1 min cd.
Rune of Power - +50% damage for 10 sec. 45 sec recharge. Incanter's Flow is still an option of RoP is too inconvenient.
Arcane Power +20% damage (can be +30% with Concentrated Power at the cost of PoM). 1.5 min cd
Static - Grants 4 instant Arcane Blasts. 1 min cd.

Get 4 stacks -> RoP/5 stack Incanters -> Erosion+AP+Static -> Spam 4 blasts into Supernova into Arcane Barrage. Minimal to no casting. :o This can be repeated every 1.5 mins.

Edited by Divinitum, 08 December 2015 - 05:47 AM.

#4 leek

leek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire
  • 2v2: 1030
  • 3v3: 3123
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:28 AM

I was looking at Arcane and I saw that they can do pretty insane CD stacking in legion.

Erosion - +20% damage taken from Arcane spells on target for 10 sec. 1 min cd.
Rune of Power - +50% damage for 10 sec. 45 sec recharge. Incanter's Flow is still an option of RoP is too inconvenient.
Arcane Power +20% damage (can be +30% with Concentrated Power at the cost of PoM). 1.5 min cd
Static - Grants 4 instant Arcane Blasts. 1 min cd.

Get 4 stacks -> RoP/5 stack Incanters -> Erosion+AP+Static -> Spam 4 blasts into Supernova into Arcane Barrage. Minimal to no casting. :o This can be repeated every 1.5 mins.

I like this design for arcane though, arcane SHOULD be scary if left alone/every 1.5-3min with CD's, made up for with being way squisiher than frost (arguably not the case anymore due to every spec having two blocks, cold snap, etc etc)

#5 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

I like this design for arcane though, arcane SHOULD be scary if left alone/every 1.5-3min with CD's, made up for with being way squisiher than frost

would agree if the burst itself was not entirely instant - if you ditch supernova (nerfed with only one charge) for charged up, then your entire damage rotation only requires one 1.5 second cast for rune of power

edit: saying that, with arcane orb being the only real lvl 100 choice, you may not even need charged up to get free stacks and can keep supernova

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 08 December 2015 - 11:17 AM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#6 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:24 AM

postcount hype

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 08 December 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#7 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:49 AM

I've been running through numbers a few times for the past few days. As is, Arcane is very likely going to be one of the better specs to play for the sheer amount of damage it has. There isn't much of a difference in specs between damage reduction since everyone now has two blocks and barrier, but we'll have to see how it plays out.

Having a cooldown free Blink for 4 seconds, a 6 second cooldown reduction on Blink, and Arcane Blast reducing that cooldown by 5 more seconds is basically going to make Arcane be the 'gtfo' spec (especially against casters and DKs because of Prismatic Cloak), but Frost is getting Frostbite again which is going to be incredible against melee.

The fact that we'll be able to drop RoP -> AP + Static + ABx4 -> Barrage -> Charge Up -> Barrage on a target with Torment the Weak without having to hardcast a single spell is going to be silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<