Hunter Arena 2s

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 x0r_13

x0r_13
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

Hi,

I recently made a SV spec for my Hunter after playing BM for like 6years. However, I'm kinda surprised that the damage is far away from what I expected.

Sure, the CC is very strong etc. but I thought the damage done will be about the same it was when I was playing BM. But my damage is way lower. When we face another DD/Heal comb, the other DD usually has 50-100% on top of my damage.

My dps (I know not really important in arena, but anyway) are around 14-16k, where other DD have ~20-24k (including myself when I was playing BM).

So, sionce I really don't have any experience with SV: Is that normal? Is the overall damage so much lower because of the CC etc.?

Or am I just doing something wrong? I already checked other SV hunters, but gear, skills etc. are the same, but it just feels odd.

#2 Seriphoz

Seriphoz
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:55 PM

You need to look at surv. as a dot class, your pressure (as well as dps) comes from dotting and maintain those dots on multiple targets.

You don't have the burst dmg. that BM has but the constant pressure from your dots can go a long way. But hell that's all going to change soon soooo ya :)

#3 Imtaz

Imtaz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/1/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2519
  • RBG: 1895
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:15 PM

You need to look at surv. as a dot class, your pressure (as well as dps) comes from dotting and maintain those dots on multiple targets.

You don't have the burst dmg. that BM has but the constant pressure from your dots can go a long way. But hell that's all going to change soon soooo ya :)

Hi,

I recently made a SV spec for my Hunter after playing BM for like 6years. However, I'm kinda surprised that the damage is far away from what I expected.

Sure, the CC is very strong etc. but I thought the damage done will be about the same it was when I was playing BM. But my damage is way lower. When we face another DD/Heal comb, the other DD usually has 50-100% on top of my damage.

My dps (I know not really important in arena, but anyway) are around 14-16k, where other DD have ~20-24k (including myself when I was playing BM).

So, sionce I really don't have any experience with SV: Is that normal? Is the overall damage so much lower because of the CC etc.?

Or am I just doing something wrong? I already checked other SV hunters, but gear, skills etc. are the same, but it just feels odd.

Survival just does negative damage, but hey atleast u are immortal in 2s and you have cc for days..

And the thing about multi dotting as survival is false fyi.

#4 Nooblet

Nooblet
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gorefiend
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/0/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 1692
  • 5v5: 1232
  • RBG: 1314
  • LocationKaty, Texas

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

survival, with the healing-reduction pet, should do more damage single-target than BM does. Survival should always beat BM in a mirror imo.

note survival is 100%magic damage which is unfair
their 30%buff recently is unfair
22sec trap instead of BM's 30 sec

trust me survival is better than bm in 2s

also multidotting is only for pets/water eles. cos all u have is serpent sting. u cant black arrow on 2 targets

#5 Imtaz

Imtaz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/1/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2519
  • RBG: 1895
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:09 PM

survival, with the healing-reduction pet, should do more damage single-target than BM does. Survival should always beat BM in a mirror imo.

note survival is 100%magic damage which is unfair
their 30%buff recently is unfair
22sec trap instead of BM's 30 sec

trust me survival is better than bm in 2s

also multidotting is only for pets/water eles. cos all u have is serpent sting. u cant black arrow on 2 targets

It shouldn't but whatever floats your boat, you should keep the uegene picture. It suits you ;)

#6 Mikefraud

Mikefraud
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 2401
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 576

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:31 PM

Dont know about other matchups but you definately outdamage a mage.

#7 Seriphoz

Seriphoz
  • Members

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:03 AM

Survival just does negative damage, but hey atleast u are immortal in 2s and you have cc for days..

And the thing about multi dotting as survival is false fyi.

really? i play so BM mostly so what do I know, I was just looking at as when i play my aff. lock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<