• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1544
  • 3v3: 2678

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:20 AM

Prep gone, combat readiness/ nerve strike gone, recup replaced by that 30% which is the same healing over 30sec as recup overall.

Too early to say anything on specs we can't even play yet because they're not ready.

yeah except that its instant healing , no CP required

So far warrior its looking really bad in a gameplay perspective

#122 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1544
  • 3v3: 2678

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:22 AM

I honestly hope they let us "keep" Warbringer / Charge stun because without that Im gonna be pissed, its a fucking class unique thing that should NOT be removed.... Charge into a target that has mount movement speed + freedom is gonna be rough... Cant stop casts or hit a rogue during his evasion for one global anymore then... :warrior: :warrior: :warrior: :warrior: :warrior:

yeah imagine conecting to druids/hunters then , freedom roots/shapeshift roots, fun times ahead

#123 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:42 AM

Prep gone, combat readiness/ nerve strike gone, recup replaced by that 30% which is the same healing over 30sec as recup overall.

Too early to say anything on specs we can't even play yet because they're not ready.

Preparation is not a defensive;
Nerve Strike was a bullshit passive to begin with and is not a defensive, it's a passive effect;
Recuperate is not a defensive, its replacements looks leaps and bounds better in that regard.

Your only valid point is your last line.

#124 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:05 AM

I'm just curious to see how something like this will work:
Avatar -> CS -> MS -> Slam(s) -> Charge -> CS -> MS -> Slam(s) -> Charge + Recklessness + Sharpen Blade -> CS -> MS -> MS -> Bladestorm

#125 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:38 AM

Preparation is not a defensive;

Really? What did it reset? Some people...

#126 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:48 AM

Oh jesus.

Prep in itself is not a defensive. You could broadly classify it as utility, as much as Heroic Leap, whose sheer versatility allows a number of things that falls in an equal number of categories and is a mobility spell, not a defensive one.

It resets Sprint, Vanish and Evasion. Out of those three, only Evasion is a strict defensive cooldown.
Now that this is out of the way, I'd suggest not acting like a self entitled expert.

Eviltanky,
not sure i see the point. It looks like a good "rotation" or execution alright, but still, out of all this the only notables are the new Reck and the insanely powerful Sharpen Blade.
That will require some serious tuning depending on how quick one can cap its honor level.

#127 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:53 PM

Eviltanky,
not sure i see the point. It looks like a good "rotation" or execution alright, but still, out of all this the only notables are the new Reck and the insanely powerful Sharpen Blade.
That will require some serious tuning depending on how quick one can cap its honor level.

CS increases damage done to that target by over 40% I believe, depending on your mastery, and with Double Time and Pain Train you can chain at least 3 CS in a row, creating a huge burst window, specially when used together with Avatar, Recklessness and Sharpen Blade.

#128 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:34 PM

CS increases damage done to that target by over 40% I believe, depending on your mastery, and with Double Time and Pain Train you can chain at least 3 CS in a row, creating a huge burst window, specially when used together with Avatar, Recklessness and Sharpen Blade.

I know you didn't do it intentionally, but I'm moist thinking about this.

#129 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:05 AM

Sharpen Blade is beyond broken.
The Charge resetting CS was something I didn't consider, mostly because I still see Charge as something that cannot be used for offensive alone, although it looks like it will be the case.

Heroic Strike, provided it stays for Arms, does double damage inside a CS.
If you can unload a full rage bar inside a CS with Sharpen MS + HS + Overpower, or with Avatar, it looks like it will be some powerful burst.

By the way, speaking of Overpower, to me it looks somewhat better than Avatar for PvP, although I really cannot say for sure. I don't know, maybe it's just that I so want it to work.

#130 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

so theyre turning charge into chi torpedo. nice

only thing this xpac is missing now is for mage to spawn ice nova at the end of their blinks

Edited by metaldiablo, 20 December 2015 - 10:39 AM.

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#131 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:50 AM

By the way, speaking of Overpower, to me it looks somewhat better than Avatar for PvP, although I really cannot say for sure. I don't know, maybe it's just that I so want it to work.

My main problem with Overpower is that it doesn't reset CS like Slam does.

#132 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

Overpower acts more like a second Mortal Strike then a slam in this case. The damage is pretty high. Even more with the crit added.
Having it also reset CS makes it become a bit too good i think.
To debate if its better then avatar for pvp is all to whenever you want to burst or pressure play. I think training a target till it dies will become pretty effective in legion. And ofcourse the dodge classes will get destroyed.

Cs sounds pretty powerful. But we don't know it if gets nerfed in pvp. But once again. MS dmg is going to be pretty low compared to now since our mastery changes. (Think of ms dmg without mastery applied right now.)
With that the damage we can put into cs windows will lower aswell. Which is the whole reason cs was buffed instead. Our overall dmg is most likely going up. But the burst from MS only will go down. And smoothened over the use of slam and other abilities.

Edited by Pinka, 20 December 2015 - 11:56 AM.

Posted Image

#133 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:49 PM

Which is a godsend given that sometimes MS looks like the only worthwile button we have, aside from Execute.

EDIT
Charge resetting CS isn't akin to the actual Chi Torpedo, luckily Charge isn't and won't be our hardest hitter.
In that tier, it competes with Booming Voice and Intercept, both of which provide higher utility for the team. Booming Voice looks like the superior choice no matter what, in a coordinated team it will do wonders.

#134 Arancor

Arancor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gilneas
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

Prot really looks strong currently, also realize that on top of 3 charges with 15sec CD you can get an 18s CD Heroic Leap (with arti traits) that stuns for 2 sec (PvP talent) and increases movement by 70% for 3 sec.

However, it will be really interesting how the tank damage tuning will turn out. Currently I think they will have a playstyle in mind that is similar to how Brewmaster was played at times in WoD, which is that your team has lower overall damage (especially lower burst) but higher overall defense/damage taken. Most tank classes got defensive abilites similar to Guard in alpha that apply damage reduction to the enemy team or reduction in damage taken to your team. Also most tank specs seem to have stronger mobility than their DPS counterparts, especially Pallies and Warriors.

#135 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:03 PM

Im totally fine with the damage shutdown / peel style of prot classes. They already said they will tune the healthpools of prot accordingly in pvp.
If they tune tanks to be the short cc class with damage debuffs without making them too high on damage and survivial they will turn out to be just fine.

Make them deal shit damage will make them unwanted. Make them deal too much damage will make them too strong compared to their dps counterparts.
If they are built so that your loss in dps is gained cause your peels allow your partners to dish out more damage that will be the perfect way for the tanking role.

Edited by Pinka, 24 December 2015 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image

#136 Abomb247

Abomb247

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:10 AM

Prot warriors look to return to their WotLK power. They get some more control with Thunderclap for an Aoe Root. They also have alot of damage multipliers for Shield Slam.

#137 xandre1801

xandre1801
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Archimonde
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1491

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:46 AM

Arms changes look lackluster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users