Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 20:16. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

[Warrior] Legion changes

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#81 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:22 AM

because its so fair you take 25% less damage while doing massive damage

Other classes can do it, why should warriors be punished? You know, that's why Warriors had such an awful arena representation throughout the entirety of Cataclysm except for the first season before they were nerfed. I'm not saying we want our cake and we want to eat it too, but if other classes can pop defensive cooldowns while putting out offensive pressure with little to no risk, why can't the warrior be allowed to do the same?

We lost the only ability for self-sustain which belongs to Fury now. We only have DBTS and that's a talent we're forced to take over mobility. Charge is on a 20 sec, we have no reflect, among other things.

Arms was gutted and then placed with 25% reduced damage while we're getting tunneled because hell, we have no other defensives. Any smart team will do a hard swap with a cc on a warrior that's in battle stance, and you're pretty much fucked.

Edited by Coney, 07 December 2015 - 04:28 AM.

#82 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:50 AM

Other classes can do it, why should warriors be punished? You know, that's why Warriors had such an awful arena representation throughout the entirety of Cataclysm except for the first season before they were nerfed. I'm not saying we want our cake and we want to eat it too, but if other classes can pop defensive cooldowns while putting out offensive pressure with little to no risk, why can't the warrior be allowed to do the same?

We lost the only ability for self-sustain which belongs to Fury now. We only have DBTS and that's a talent we're forced to take over mobility. Charge is on a 20 sec, we have no reflect, among other things.

Arms was gutted and then placed with 25% reduced damage while we're getting tunneled because hell, we have no other defensives. Any smart team will do a hard swap with a cc on a warrior that's in battle stance, and you're pretty much fucked.

Na we lost battle stance too lol.
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#83 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:10 AM

Na we lost battle stance too lol.

Well shit LOL

#84 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:50 AM

It doesn't really matter if we have Battle Stance. Being in or not in Dstance will be the same thing.
Posted Image

#85 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2088
  • 3v3: 2404
  • RBG: 1746

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

It really depends how the physical damage will be in Legion.
Remember TBC when armor type actually mattered, and it was way more fun hitting a warlock or a mage than a warrior? Often you would go for the target that gave you the most uptime + had the lowest armor.
That has kinda been turned around since partly Cata, and completely since MOP and up until now. Mages are very tanky now compared to TBC / WOTLK.

So if blizzards mindset for Legion is that armor type and amount will actually matter / make a difference again, then i guess it's not looking so grim afterall.. But if we continue with the "armor doesn't mean shit", we are literally fucked when being focused.
Obviously armor doesn't effect anything against casters. But it is still something.

#86 Shadrr

Shadrr
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2405
  • RBG: 2111

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:43 AM

I assume you are referring to play style.

I'm referring to Mortal strike being all damage

on top of the sugar, whirlwind breaking cc has made arms KFC and WMD unplayable throughout whole WoD,
idc if I drop reflect if i can have slam/overpower again

Washed up -- living in the past

#87 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:06 AM

I'm referring to Mortal strike being all damage

on top of the sugar, whirlwind breaking cc has made arms KFC and WMD unplayable throughout whole WoD,
idc if I drop reflect if i can have slam/overpower again

Whirlwind as a filler was the most horrible shit ever, especialy because the damage from it was none existant (Much lower than back in TBC where it was main filler).

Personally i don't mind losing some utility to be a pain train again. Staying out of CC / avoiding it will obviously be annoying without Spell Reflect. But the reward will feel a lot bigger than it does now when you connect with somebody.

#88 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:10 AM

Hard swaps in battle stance in legion. Oh wait. Thats what happens right now aswell.
Survival in cata was pretty much fine. Mobility was really bad tho without anything to make up for it since we needed uptime for damage. (Lambs of the slaughter mechanic.)
Our mobility was even more awful. Leap on a 1 min cd.

If you want diversity between classes / specs. You should be willing to accept things like this. Defensive stance is litterally a cooldown that has no cooldown. Dks lost their precences all together. With such a strong defense ofcourse there should be a weakness.

There are no more abilities that force us to battle stance. Im glad about that. They do not make sence anymore. So should we as warriors sit in defensive stance all game? Ofcourse not. The damage reduction is to encourage us to go out of it. Swapping to the right stance is the tiny bit of skill we have left. And we should encourage that. Rage penalties do not work for it. Cause you will still be able to spam ms on cooldown.
Secondly. If they stick on the warrior it means they are not sticking on your more squishy partners. Your effectively tanking them.
Posted Image

#89 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

BTW, new survival hunter charge 2.0 http://legion.wowhea...=190925/harpoon

Harpoon
5 - 40 yd range Instant 15 sec cooldown
Requires Hunter (Survival)
Requires level 22Requires Melee Weapon
Hurl a harpoon at your target and pull yourself toward them, rooting them in place for 3 sec.

Funny how much better it is than warrior's.

edit: oh, and it seems that they still have disengage and posthaste

Edited by Moshe, 07 December 2015 - 06:27 PM.

#90 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:12 PM

BTW, new survival hunter charge 2.0 http://legion.wowhea...=190925/harpoon

Harpoon
5 - 40 yd range Instant 15 sec cooldown
Requires Hunter (Survival)
Requires level 22Requires Melee Weapon
Hurl a harpoon at your target and pull yourself toward them, rooting them in place for 3 sec.

Funny how much better it is than warrior's 40y range, 3 sec root and 5 sec lower cd ^^

edit: oh, and it seems that they still have disengage and posthaste

I hope they realize how much worse charge is (it's also only 30 yards??) than this.
Maybe we get lucky and they realize that Charge is not very "unique" and we get the charge stun effect back (Since hunters have the root)

#91 Armiger

Armiger
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 670

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

so arms now is a tunneler brainless non skill spec... nice i like it.

#92 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

I hope they realize how much worse charge is (it's also only 30 yards??) than this.
Maybe we get lucky and they realize that Charge is not very "unique" and we get the charge stun effect back (Since hunters have the root)

Charge is 25y :)

#93 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:39 PM

25y Charge and no aoe slow makes for some grim scenarios mobility wise.

Furthermore, I'm not digging into the Tactician passive and I can't really quite place my hands on why I don't. Guess it's too much of a PvE thing.

#94 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1544
  • 3v3: 2678

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

Impending Victory
Requires Warrior (Arms)
Requires level 30
Your Slam has a 40% chance to restore 10% of your health.

Tis a normal talent. And it seems pretty good to be completely honest.
Slam is going to be the filler move for Arms...so it's cheap(15rage) and has no CD.

cant slam while stunned...

#95 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

dont mind the changes just hope some for us:

reflect still in the game;

comeback of piercing howl (about time that its back to arms...);

charge stun baseline

intervene ( no need to be safeguard or vigilance)

and die by the sword (but the old one where if ppl hited you they would take a lot of dmg, this baseline too)

Edited by JohnnyC, 07 December 2015 - 07:08 PM.

#96 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

25y Charge and no aoe slow makes for some grim scenarios mobility wise.

Furthermore, I'm not digging into the Tactician passive and I can't really quite place my hands on why I don't. Guess it's too much of a PvE thing.

Tactician is what allows Arms to have burst more often than every 45s, the only thing I don't like is that it doesn't include Overpower.

#97 Armiger

Armiger
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 670

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:55 PM

dont mind the changes just hope some for us:

reflect still in the game;

comeback of piercing howl (about time that its back to arms...);

charge stun baseline

intervene ( no need to be safeguard or vigilance)

and die by the sword (but the old one where if ppl hited you they would take a lot of dmg, this baseline too)

it was retaliation

#98 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:58 AM

it was retaliation

yeah exactly didnt remember the name

#99 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:01 AM

Outlaw Rogues have Retaliation now. Or a better version of it.

Riposte Instant 2 min cooldown Requires Rogue (Outlaw)
Requires level 42 Gain 100% chance to parry for 10 sec. While active, each time you parry an attack you will riposte the target for 100% Physical damage. Ripostes cannot occur more often than once per 1 sec.

Edited by Deonto, 08 December 2015 - 02:02 AM.

Posted Image

#100 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:54 AM

so arms now is a tunneler brainless non skill spec... nice i like it.

Well it's how arms used to be. It's only the last 2 expansions where arms has basicly been turned into rogues without stealth.
Utility has gone way up, and damage has been so bad it made me sad (S15 overpower / S16-17 damage without CDS). My fingers would turn numb in MOP from spamming overpower that much, because damage was basicly rogue autohits... (MOrtal strike doing equally shitty damage too)
They might have overdone it a little and removed too much utility. Then again, we get to keep Stormbolt or shockwave.

Charge is 25y :)

You are right, but that really doesn't improve the situation ;-)

Edited by Xinowl, 08 December 2015 - 08:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users