• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/2/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1618
  • 3v3: 1830
  • RBG: 1587

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:24 PM

Srsly they are removing our fear and spell reflect, wtf? We're just intended to have 0 skillcap and just be a dmg bot? This cant possibly go live it would be to fucking stupied. Not even shouts as buffs anymore? We've had that for over 10 years, guess having to use it every hour was getting a bit to complicated for some.

To me this looks incredibly booring. Why do we keep getting complete overhaul of rotation and talents every single fucking expansion?
To succeed you have to stop being ordinary and be legen -wait for it- dary

#42 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

Well looking at the past warriors didn't really have a lot of utility either
TBC had Charge + Intercept. Charge was only outside Combat
Then we had Initmidating shout.

Damage was massive though (I choose not to include macestun here)
WOTLK was pretty much the same, except for the added Intervene and unrelenting assault on overpower (Unless you played Prot)

Really looking forward to having Overpower back. I really felt useless when missing half my attacks against rogues.

Personally i didn't like the "utility" game of MOP where Warriors had 2 stuns and could fly around the map 24/7, but had Overpower critting for 10k vs 500k health pools. I preferred when Warriors could really do damage once you got on your target. For me that was a more fun playstyle..

Aslong as it's fun i guess most people will not care how it is.

Compared to then no one had as much utility as now. Not everyone did have a stun or interrupt. Now everyone has one.
You forget reflect on the list. Secondly both interrupt and reflect were on a shorter cooldown then now.
Mortal strike was considered unique.
Uptime was a part of the skill kit of warriors. Staying out of cc with reflect, clever use of intervene to close the gap. Even then. Dispels had no cd so with less gapclosers there was a lot of mobility if you played with a good healer.

But litterally having 2 abilities that allow you to get close to your target (charge,leap) doesn't give much option to skill anymore.
I can agree on blizzard removing fear to nerf some of the warrior cc. And removing intervene + leap and charge cd in trade of possible more damage and survival. But seriously removing aoe slow of arms and reflect for both dps specs seems too harsh.

Edited by Pinka, 04 December 2015 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

#43 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

Really looking forward to having Overpower back. I really felt useless when missing half my attacks against rogues.

Overpower won't help you with that in legion. It just procs off attacking not getting dodged and giving up avatar for it is just lol just like the rend vs bladestorm row.

#44 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2088
  • 3v3: 2404
  • RBG: 1746

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

Overpower won't help you with that in legion. It just procs off attacking not getting dodged and giving up avatar for it is just lol just like the rend vs bladestorm row.

True but it is still undodgeable and appears to do high damage.. Compared to now with Whirlwind omg dodge.. WHirlwind omg 12k

#45 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:00 PM

Overpower was buffed to deal more weapon damage then mortal strike. With the added 60% crit chance it sounds like a powerful burst.
The duration of Avatar is not stated yet. It is most likely shorter then it is now in legion.
Posted Image

#46 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

The duration of Avatar is not stated yet. It is most likely shorter then it is now in legion.

"Transform into a colossus for 20 sec, dealing 20% increased damage and removing all roots and snares."

http://beta.wowdb.co...s/107574-avatar

#47 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

It's still incredibly early in the beta cycle. I'm sure a lot will change. Though, it is quite concerning that they have removed a lot of utility from Warriors.

Also, I'd like to point out intercept in the Arms pvp talents. It reads differently compared to the prot version. Says that it will intercept all melee/ranged attacks during the 10 sec duration while within 10 yards of the target you used it on. Y'know, instead of just the next attack made against them. Kind of just silly.

I really hope most of the pvp talents are just place holders/early ideas atm. Most of them are just boring damage increases. Needs to have other choices/variety in there.
Posted Image

#48 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:40 PM

Im fine with losing spell reflect if they are removing resto druid cyclones :druid: :mellow: :ph34r:

#49 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:33 AM

They are, if I recall correctly.

#50 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:02 AM

Arms doesn't even have a self-heal either. I couldn't find it on the wowhead calculator. So, that's pretty fucking dumb. You have no way to keep yourself alive without a healer, other than the Rallying Cry (now Commanding Shout) for the hp increase. I know it's so early into the whole alpha/beta, but knowing Blizzard and their history with their betas, never listening to the community, Arms is in for some dark fucking times.

#51 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

Arms doesn't even have a self-heal either. I couldn't find it on the wowhead calculator. So, that's pretty fucking dumb. You have no way to keep yourself alive without a healer, other than the Rallying Cry (now Commanding Shout) for the hp increase. I know it's so early into the whole alpha/beta, but knowing Blizzard and their history with their betas, never listening to the community, Arms is in for some dark fucking times.

Impending Victory
Requires Warrior (Arms)
Requires level 30
Your Slam has a 40% chance to restore 10% of your health.

Tis a normal talent. And it seems pretty good to be completely honest.
Slam is going to be the filler move for Arms...so it's cheap(15rage) and has no CD.

Edited by Deonto, 05 December 2015 - 02:28 AM.

Posted Image

#52 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:44 AM

Impending Victory
Requires Warrior (Arms)
Requires level 30
Your Slam has a 40% chance to restore 10% of your health.

Tis a normal talent. And it seems pretty good to be completely honest.
Slam is going to be the filler move for Arms...so it's cheap(15rage) and has no CD.

Idk... giving up Die by the Sword, which by the way is our only defensive cooldown is really, really sketchy. Impending Victory seems more like a PVE-leveling talent than actually having a use in PVP.

#53 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1845

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

Losing Hamstring, Spell Reflection and Intimidating Shout seems a bit harsh, but arms burst seems really good.

http://beta.wowdb.co...calculator#CurF
http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#bvF

Recklessness, Avatar, Double Time, Bladestorm, Mortal Combo, Anger Management, Pain Train, Sharpen Blade...

#54 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:38 PM

Losing Hamstring, Spell Reflection and Intimidating Shout seems a bit harsh, but arms burst seems really good.

http://beta.wowdb.co...calculator#CurF
http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#bvF

Recklessness, Avatar, Double Time, Bladestorm, Mortal Combo, Anger Management, Pain Train, Sharpen Blade...

Wait. Hamstring is not gone. It's at 35 in the list. Pvp without slow would be insanely hilarious due to latency.
Good plan to share your preferred talents by the way.
Arms.
http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#bZF

Prot.
http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#/aH
Lol. Now just noticing how Heavy Repercussions (30%) and Sword and Board (20%) both increase shield slam damage.
Pop Booming voice (20% dmg) + Avatar (20% damage) and reck. Whoopidoo burst.

Edited by Pinka, 05 December 2015 - 11:55 PM.

Posted Image

#55 Shadrr

Shadrr
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/2/1/2/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:14 PM

Can't be worse than WoD warrior though

Washed up -- living in the past

#56 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

Wait. Hamstring is not gone. It's at 35 in the list. Pvp without slow would be insanely hilarious due to latency.
Good plan to share your preferred talents by the way.
Arms.
http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#EeXF
http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#bZF

Prot.
http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#EfbH
http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#/aH
Lol. Now just noticing how Heavy Repercussions (30%) and Sword and Board (20%) both increase shield slam damage.
Pop Booming voice (20% dmg) + Avatar (20% damage) and reck. Whoopidoo burst.

You'r right, my bad!
Seems like Arms has hamstring and Fury has PH.
You linked live talent trees and not beta ones btw...

Also, for fury:
http://beta.wowdb.co...calculator#CnlG
http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#arG

I'm curious to see how Seething Rage+Temper Control and Enraging Blows+Endless Rage will work.

#57 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

^fury still takes extra damage while enraged FeelsBadMan

Edited by Moshe, 05 December 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#58 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:11 AM

You'r right, my bad!
Seems like Arms has hamstring and Fury has PH.
You linked live talent trees and not beta ones btw...

Also, for fury:
http://beta.wowdb.co...calculator#CnlG
http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#arG

I'm curious to see how Seething Rage+Temper Control and Enraging Blows+Endless Rage will work.

Thx for noticing. I do not seem to be able to fix it. The site keeps swapping to live. Even tried with different links.

^fury still takes extra damage while enraged FeelsBadMan

Looking at ptr duelling vids fury doesn't seem to care much about it's extra damage taken. Their self healing is near retarded lvls.
And they have some insane damage.
Enrage regen 50% health. You can pull it down to a 1 min cd with a talent. Bloodthirst 5% health every 3-4 seconds.

I noticed some big flaws in fury however. First off. Both rampage and raging blow are spenders. Rampage does insane damage. Further increased by a talent. So why would anyone actually use raging blow unless they take the talent to make it build rage?

Secondly. The damage taken thing does make a part of fury it's gameplay. You want to go in and deal maximum damage. And you will.
Your survival depends on your uptime. (Bloodthirst) you are rewarded by sitting on your target.
The flaw is however. The damage taken multiplies when you take damage from different sources. 2-3 players hitting on you will give them each 30% damage. However you as a single target can only heal based on the 1 target you hit.

Edited by Pinka, 06 December 2015 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image

#59 Evilcow

Evilcow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:19 AM

Looking at ptr duelling vids fury doesn't seem to care much about it's extra damage taken. Their self healing is near retarded lvls.
And they have some insane damage.
Enrage regen 50% health. You can pull it down to a 1 min cd with a talent. Bloodthirst 5% health every 3-4 seconds.

I noticed some big flaws in fury however. First off. Both rampage and raging blow are spenders. Rampage does insane damage. Further increased by a talent. So why would anyone actually use raging blow unless they take the talent to make it build rage?

Secondly. The damage taken thing does make a part of fury it's gameplay. You want to go in and deal maximum damage. And you will.
Your survival depends on your uptime. (Bloodthirst) you are rewarded by sitting on your target.
The flaw is however. The damage taken multiplies when you take damage from different sources. 2-3 players hitting on you will give them each 30% damage. However you as a single target can only heal based on the 1 target you hit.

With the spec I posted Raging Blow generates 15 rage and refreshes enrage, so I guess you can use it as a rage builder and then go for 100 rage Rampages.
No clue how Endless Rage+Temper Control works though... 15% on 15s CD or 15% on 30s CD?

#60 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:39 AM

With the spec I posted Raging Blow generates 15 rage and refreshes enrage, so I guess you can use it as a rage builder and then go for 100 rage Rampages.
No clue how Endless Rage+Temper Control works though... 15% on 15s CD?

Ye that is what i mean. It's only useful as a builder. As rage is most likely spent on rampage. (Has some sick looking animation.) Fury sure pulls off the Kratos vibe. Even the artifact weapons look close to his. Im certain devs took him for inspiration.

Rampage actually takes up to 50 rage with the talent. So you can use it twice during a burst you can build up quickly with the Endless Rage, Enraging Blows and Unquenchable Thirst talent.
You can go super silly with Death Wish+ Avatar. Ofc when you have a healer.
Fury will be a big risk reward playstyle of damage dealing vs damage taking.

I didn't check at the healing. But i think it will add. 15% healing every 15 seconds. I would totally take it in a bg or solo situation. I would like to keep the 50% version to survive burst situations in arena tho.

Edited by Pinka, 06 December 2015 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<