Photo

Arenas and PvP Server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joshjaks

joshjaks
  • Members

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some advice. I'm wanting to get back into wow with the announcement of Legion, but I want to get to a better realm. I was on Kel'Thuzad as alliance, but I found arena to be miserable because nobody wants to group with you unless you have a 2k + rating. Based on what I'm seeing, I think Ragnaros could be a decent server.

I'm looking for a PvP server that is fairly balanced, don't mind being outnumbered by horde a bit, but isn't completely one-sided for the world PvP zones. Medium population would be perfect if possible. Also, I want to find friendly Alliance who enjoy doing arenas with people who may need some work to get back into those 2k ratings again. I used to be glad level back in BC, but it would take me a bit to get there again with the new metas.

Any help is greatly appreciated! =D

#2 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:28 PM

Hello, as of right now you will probably can't find one server where horde outnumber allaince, but it is pretty pointless anyway because everything is phased (lol). If you don't know what phasing is, it's basically a combining of servers into a zone to balance (?) it. Also if all you plan on doing is arena you can literally join any server because the way you go about finding teams these days is posting your class, comp you are looking for, and some made up number you called your highest rating (I.E. If your highest rating is 2.2k, you either post your glad on another account or your highest cr was 2399 and that's why you haven't gotten the achieve yet). Unless you plan on joining a pvp guild, servers don't matter. But honestly, I'm not trying to sound like a Debbie downer here, but as of right now if you find a team you play more than 50 games with consider yourself lucky.

Not sure how long you have been gone but there isn't arena teams any more. You go up in personal rating as you go so what people will do is play with one team, get their personal cr up, and then leave for another team for one of the few reasons:

Losing more than 2 in a row
Arguing (at all)
Patch came that has a better comp for their class
If you aren't on EXACTLY when they want you on

But if you still really really what a pvp guild just go onto the server you find the most high rated players on. To do that go to battle.net/Us/wow, and click on community and then 3v3 and see where the most common server is that they are on.

Good luck hunting man.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#3 joshjaks

joshjaks
  • Members

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

Ah, I get what your saying. I should clarify, I jumped back in at the beginning of WoD. I also joined Kel'Thuzad because of the aforementioned reason of high rated people. But back in BC, I used to play on Vashj, and while there wasn't a lot of High rated people, there were some decent number of people who had fun playing arenas and liked grouping with the same folks just because it was fun. I couldn't find that on Kel. Does that help explain a bit more why I thought Ragnaros would be a possibility and what I'm looking for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<