Tzarek
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival
  • RBG: 2302

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:08 AM

After slowly losing interest in the game since mid WotLK and not having played much in Cata and barely anything in MoP, I recently leveled my Hunter to 100. I then learned that Blizzard changed the way crit works in PvP in WoD with it only being 150% instead of 200% damage on PvP targets.

I guess everyone on these forums are used to this change, but this change kind of surprises me and ruins a lot of the fun in PvP for me.

A lot of today's WoW PvP feels to me like you are just spamming damage into someone else's face until they die. It rarely occurs to me that someone actually dies due to coordinated CC and burst. It is either Turbo style (spam damage into the enemy team until someone dies) or RMD (limitless CC, eventually you will get a kill). I know there are some exceptions to this, but I hope you get my point.

Also, the crit change obviously affects certain classes more than others. An example is Ele Shamans. Ele Shamans were completely different back in TBC/WotLK days with much higher burst potential than nowadays. This crit change has a tremendous affect on them, because one of their core abilities is Lava Burst, which always crits, so 150% damage instead of 200% damage is obviously a big deal to them. It makes the boring and doll to play. Ele Shamans were about doing massive damage if left alone, not about having to cast numerous Lava Bursts spells in a row to kill someone someone.

I actually kind of miss the time when you could setup a burst combo and kill someone within 5-6 seconds with timed CD's and coordinated teamplay.

Anyway, to get to the point, I was just wondering if there has been any mentioning of how crit will work in PvP in Legion?

#2 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:26 AM

This crit change has a tremendous affect on them, because one of their core abilities is Lava Burst, which always crits, so 150% damage instead of 200% damage is obviously a big deal to them

not disagreeing with your overall point, but lava burst deals 33% more damage in pvp specifically to counter the 25% crit damage nerf

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 18 November 2015 - 12:27 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#3 Tzarek

Tzarek
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival
  • RBG: 2302

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:08 AM

not disagreeing with your overall point, but lava burst deals 33% more damage in pvp specifically to counter the 25% crit damage nerf

Alright, didn't know that, thank you. My point still stands though (and LB still crits for nothing tbh).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<