• EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

no they dont add shit you literally get hit and you press blood presence theres 0 thought process behind it. or if get caught in a swap you use one of ur 4 trinkets and ams and keep swoftying/change presence id much rather that blizzard introduces new mechancis or brings back some of the old ones such as unholy frenzy or old ibf etc. dno maybe im completely wrong but i always felt like presences were such a shitty ability they didnt feel rewarding at all.

Probably because camping blood presence is not that big a deal for unholy / 2h frost?

If they made it more like what it is for DW Frost atm where your damage goes down the drain if you camp, and then made it more impactful it would just be a good thing.

And they couldd then ofc remove the bullshit selfhealing we have.
Posted Image

#22 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

l ol
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#23 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

no they dont add shit you literally get hit and you press blood presence theres 0 thought process behind it. or if get caught in a swap you use one of ur 4 trinkets and ams and keep swoftying/change presence id much rather that blizzard introduces new mechancis or brings back some of the old ones such as unholy frenzy or old ibf etc. dno maybe im completely wrong but i always felt like presences were such a shitty ability they didnt feel rewarding at all.

Posted Image

#24 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:54 PM

welcome to wow, hope you enjoy your stay?

shame dks were not more vocal when mages had armor swapping removed - shame warriors are not more vocal in complaining about dk presences now, considering that stances will almost certainly be removed next time around

Well, you don't stance dance anymore and don't switch to 1h+shield so yea, no real suprise here.

#25 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:30 AM

Actually, as an unholy Dk, I reguarly would swap frost presence on sheeps and other CC, to decrease the duration. Occasionally as frost, I would swap unholy presence to decrease a gap quicker.

Never really seen other Dks do it tho, and other dks do better than I

Edited by Ownu, 17 November 2015 - 02:30 AM.

#26 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

Actually, as an unholy Dk, I reguarly would swap frost presence on sheeps and other CC, to decrease the duration. Occasionally as frost, I would swap unholy presence to decrease a gap quicker.

Never really seen other Dks do it tho, and other dks do better than I

The payoff for doing so is just so small that even with the glyph the lost RP is barely, or not even, worth it. I've done both this presence swapping, and also switching to weapons with different enchants, but most of the time using the globals or resources on something else would've been more beneficial imo. But you're probably a better DK than me also, so IDK.

Probably because camping blood presence is not that big a deal for unholy / 2h frost?

If they made it more like what it is for DW Frost atm where your damage goes down the drain if you camp, and then made it more impactful it would just be a good thing.

And they couldd then ofc remove the bullshit selfhealing we have.

DW frost may as well not even have blood presence because it's so bad for DW, but even Unholy loses a lot by being in blood pres. I like the idea behind presences, but I think they could be implemented better and I'd prefer Blizzard try to make them interesting rather than removing them altogether.

I like our self healing... But I want it to require outplaying my opponent and not just "I'm going to blow my damage CD's and heal myself to full, and then use the remaining duration to dump frost strikes because my burst doesn't share a resource with my self healing."

Of course the age old problem with WoW persists, and presences are the next in a long line of victims. That problem being that PvE is so one dimensional that there will always be an optimal presence, rotation, talent, gear choice, etc... to the point where choosing anything else is a total waste of time. They design the specs so each one prefers a specific presence, then notice no one swaps presences while raiding, and now they remove presences because of it.

Edited by Vadren, 17 November 2015 - 05:39 PM.

Vadren#1175

#27 Naga

Naga
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2557

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:10 PM

rip camping blood presence :)
Posted Image