• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:06 AM

Destro needs some serious work. No reliable way to generate Soul Shards is just wrong, Blizzard.

#22 Tattertotts

Tattertotts
  • Premium Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Silvermoon
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:33 AM

Does anyone else absolutely hate the soul shard mechanic? Random generation of soul shards spreading to the other specs sounds absolutely awful. In WoTLK haunt was just an 8 second or so CD and the newfangled non-bagged shards were used for fast pet resummons and sometimes teleport, so they weren't an issue. Back then we even had a channeled evocation-like spell that regained health and shards while out of combat. Then they made haunt require a shard, then they made soulburn haunt require an extra shard. Now UA requires a shard?

It's like cancer spreading through the warlock class. I'd rather have my 28 slot soul shard bag back and just farm them between BGs like in the old days.

#23 Chanimal

Chanimal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2815
  • RBG: 1847

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:49 AM

I'd hope that they go back to the old fantasy that Affliction used to have in BC / LK / Cata. Winning through attrition was such a cool part of the playstyle. Rotting the other team while being able to sustain yourself with small heals (haunt, siphon life procs from corr and drain life) and weakening the enemy (curses) is what Aff is about.

Looks like they're shifting all the damage back into dots, which is good. I also like that Drain Life is once again the filler spell. But, there's no real mention of curses or fear changes, as well as no mention of SB: Haunt. It is an early preview though.

Also hoping that fear gets buffed/reverted in some way. It was extremely broken in MoP because of the ease of applying dots (SB:SS and SS no shard / cd). It didn't impact your damage as much then as it does now to cast fear. And when you do cast fear in WoD, it just breaks to a whiff of air. With lower DoT durations in Legion it's probably going to be even worse than it is now.

Edited by Chanimal, 11 November 2015 - 06:51 AM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#24 Fakalock

Fakalock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 950
  • 3v3: 2205
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationGuthenburg, Sweden

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

Does anyone else absolutely hate the soul shard mechanic? Random generation of soul shards spreading to the other specs sounds absolutely awful. In WoTLK haunt was just an 8 second or so CD and the newfangled non-bagged shards were used for fast pet resummons and sometimes teleport, so they weren't an issue. Back then we even had a channeled evocation-like spell that regained health and shards while out of combat. Then they made haunt require a shard, then they made soulburn haunt require an extra shard. Now UA requires a shard?

It's like cancer spreading through the warlock class. I'd rather have my 28 slot soul shard bag back and just farm them between BGs like in the old days.

^This.... Also what Chanimal said in the above post

When i read about demo it almost made my cry. I got the impression that i have to stand still casting shadowbolt all the time to get any of my dmg spells off. I Kinda like how Demo is right now =/

Edited by Fakalock, 11 November 2015 - 09:37 AM.

#25 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:59 PM

Destro needs some serious work. No reliable way to generate Soul Shards is just wrong, Blizzard.

casting conflag has a 100% chance to get one, its not just immolate.

Posted Image

#26 Intension

Intension
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 3v3: 2394
  • RBG: 1727

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

That's the Cata model, in Wrath soul shards were used to conjure healthstones, spellstones, using soul fire and summoning pets pretty much.

The evocation like spell was called Soul Harvest. It was a great spell, since you could interrupt the warlock and he wouldn't have soul shards to summon new pets until he could setup a new opportunity to regain them, promoted good play from both sides. And it was also in cata that they introduced soul shards as a mechanic (under your portrait) that was used as part of your utility, NOT damage (e.g. teleport sprint, instant pet summon, healthstone increasing your max health, instant soul fire). Killing pets was actually fucking important for most teams.

Kinda expected soul shards back as utility instead of the main damage resource, but oh well... stubborn blizzard.

Edited by Intension, 11 November 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#27 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:34 PM

casting conflag has a 100% chance to get one, its not just immolate.

Yeah, my bad. My main point is, Soul Shards for Destro is weird. I was welcoming of Embers in MoP and I still like them; they fit the "lore" or Destro infinitely more. Given that talents will play a huge part of Legion, same with artifact enhancements, there will surely be an increase to shard generation in there somewhere. Immolate is also stupid. "30% on critical strike." When will Blizzard realize that RNG on RNG is not fun or intuitive? It's incredibly dull.

#28 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:39 PM

That's the Cata model, in Wrath soul shards were used to conjure healthstones, spellstones, using soul fire and summoning pets pretty much.

The evocation like spell was called Soul Harvest. It was a great spell, since you could interrupt the warlock and he wouldn't have soul shards to summon new pets until he could setup a new opportunity to regain them, promoted good play from both sides. And it was also in cata that they introduced soul shards as a mechanic (under your portrait) that was used as part of your utility, NOT damage (e.g. teleport sprint, instant pet summon, healthstone increasing your max health, instant soul fire). Killing pets was actually fucking important for most teams.

Kinda expected soul shards back as utility instead of the main damage resource, but oh well... stubborn blizzard.

please no soul shards for pet summons
don't need 15 fel doms per game
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#29 Distorpia

Distorpia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 955
  • 3v3: 2241
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:42 AM

Sounds like havoc has no restriction to how many spells you can copy while it's up by the way it's worded in the preview.

Also demon hunters heal for 25% max hp and gain 20% damage for 20 sec when they kill a demon, I'm afraid demo won't be seeing much pvp time in legion :/

#30 blicher92

blicher92
  • Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:25 PM

When i see the duration of Affliction dots in Legion, seems like they don't want you to keep UA up all the time, but if we cant have UA up, our spell protection is gone most of the time, and yes cleanse is on a 8 sec cooldown but if you can stop the warlocks damage a lot of the time, those 8 sec is nothing and you get to dispel without getting punished.

And they say they will make DoTs stronger but if fear breaks on 1k dot ticks you cant have dots up on everyone other than the kill target.
As Chanimals says Fear was OP in MoP, but now I feel like Fear is one of the worst CCs in the game, as said it breaks on nothing and the DR change was retarded aswell if fear DRs with cyclone why doesn't poly.

To me this just looks like a single target spec now, even more than it is in WoD.

Ofc this is without knowing what all talents will do, and alot can change in the next what 9 months ?

(Im a 2500 scrub. so not top tier, don't hate :ph34r: )

#31 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

Sorry, nevermind.

Edited by Maleficent, 13 November 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#32 OzCymru

OzCymru
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2146
  • RBG: 1609

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:57 AM

Dark Soul removed:

https://twitter.com/...344454375505921

#33 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:50 AM

Dark Soul removed:

Time to DK.

#34 Kroyfel

Kroyfel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:24 AM

Dark Soul removed:

That's excellent news

#35 Fakalock

Fakalock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 950
  • 3v3: 2205
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationGuthenburg, Sweden

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:03 AM

Dark Soul removed:

I like this.. Never though DS was a part of how locks should be. As ive written in some other thread, "warlocks never needed DS befor and we shouldn't need it now eider" Dots should be a steady pressure wearing the enemey team down if u survives. Also kinda like that they hint that i will be able to use my Infernal in arena :o The vanilla trailer were a UD lock summoned an infernal was the reason why i rolled a lock and stuck with it. Hopeing that one day i would be alowed to accualy use it =)

#36 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:44 PM

I like this.. Never though DS was a part of how locks should be. As ive written in some other thread, "warlocks never needed DS befor and we shouldn't need it now eider" Dots should be a steady pressure wearing the enemey team down if u survives. Also kinda like that they hint that i will be able to use my Infernal in arena :o The vanilla trailer were a UD lock summoned an infernal was the reason why i rolled a lock and stuck with it. Hopeing that one day i would be alowed to accualy use it =)

DS being removed is okay if they remove other offensive cds from other classes and bake their damage back into sustained, as they're doing for Warlocks it seems. I liked DS, you could line it up for general pressure or kill potential. It's probably best for the game it's removed though.

#37 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:02 AM

Some new tweets:

https://twitter.com/...700685593833472

https://twitter.com/...705047644848128

#38 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:55 PM

Soul Swap is finally gone. Good fucking riddance.

http://i.imgur.com/8G8HuMi.png

#39 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:13 PM

I'm happy about Dark Soul, Charred Remains, and Soul Swap being removed

#40 Distorpia

Distorpia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 955
  • 3v3: 2241
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

Legion beta talent datamined here : http://www.wowhead.c...changes#warlock

Still in the early phases though, so most of them will change / not make it to live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<