Photo

Returning player

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Briggsta

Briggsta
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:46 AM

So, I'm thinking about renewing subscription with a bunch of friends to mess around on again since cataclysm. Although I played for like a week at MOP launch and a week or so at WOD launch, I hardly even consider it legit playing.

I thought about returning with my DK or shadow priest, but with the free 100, I guess I have some choices. Figured I'd get some opinions on what the strong and weak classes are at the moment, I'd rather not start blind into a dead, crappy class.

If someone could give me a quick little run down of specs/classes (DPS only), or just a top 5 or 10, and some opinions, would be awesome. Curious to know if DK is worth playing right now.

#2 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:57 AM

DK ww hpal or SP mage hpal. Or boost an enha or warr to play r druid turbo. Would help to know what ur friends play
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#3 Briggsta

Briggsta
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:45 PM

Well it's a decent size group of friends, 10+ of us, so any other classes would be readily available pretty much.

How well are SP doing though? From browsing the priest boards, seems to be bit of complaining lol.
I have a 90 of everything, so I'm all for picking up anything besides rogue mage or lock. Just looking to have some fun.

#4 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

Well it's a decent size group of friends, 10+ of us, so any other classes would be readily available pretty much.

How well are SP doing though? From browsing the priest boards, seems to be bit of complaining lol.
I have a 90 of everything, so I'm all for picking up anything besides rogue mage or lock. Just looking to have some fun.

Shatterplay is really good in the current meta (RMD, DK/WW/HPala & Turbo everywhere).

Edited by Forumz, 10 November 2015 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Briggsta

Briggsta
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

Shatterplay is really good in the current meta (RMD, DK/WW/HPala & Turbo everywhere).

Turbo = enh, warr, druid?

Also WW is windwalker monk right? Lol
If so, I remember making a monk when they came out and was pretty fun at 90.

How versatile are warr, DK, WW with comps? I doubt I'll be playing anything above 2200, so it won't be super serious to begin with.
Kinda interested in those 3 now.

#6 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

DKs and WWs are limited to playing with eachother.

Warriors can play Turbo and WLS, that's about it.

If you're looking to be versatile in comps, Warlock is your best bet. FLS, WLS, MLP, LSD3 are all good comps.
Posted Image

#7 Briggsta

Briggsta
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

That's a bummer.

How about feral druid, ret pally, enh/ele sham, shadow priest?

#8 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:28 PM

I feel like you guys are missing a huge oppertunity to all start again on vanilla, rather then live

If you get a whole bunch of dudes into it you'll have an absolutely grand time even leveling
Posted Image

#9 Briggsta

Briggsta
  • Members

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

I feel like you guys are missing a huge oppertunity to all start again on vanilla, rather then live

If you get a whole bunch of dudes into it you'll have an absolutely grand time even leveling

Well everyone already has 100s and played the game previously. Otherwise I'd be all for leveling, as apparently there won't be any new content for the next year anyway.

#10 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

To be fair you won't get that many positive comments about WoW on arenajunkies at the moment, most of us are only here to rant about the game (for some valid reasons granted).

Basically play what you want that fits with what your friends are playing and take everything you read here with a pinch of salt.

Games still fun if you don't take it too seriously and have friends to still play with, be grateful that you do because the game (any game) really sucks dick once your friends grow up and don't have much, or any, time to play anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<