Photo

Paladin Legion Updates

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 xGladius

xGladius
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:34 PM

Personally feel like the lothar bs should be 1 min cd if they're gonna still have 2x freedom, don't feel like getting ass raped by unpeelable feral and ret just yet

#22 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:40 AM

In the artifact panel there was also a point about divine storm causing an outward tornado.. DIVINE STORM TORNADOES AND TELEPORT BOYS.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#23 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/0/0/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1038
  • 3v3: 1569
  • 5v5: 1652
  • RBG: 1432
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

I like that changes for our Coure-Abilities, but i'm also kinda confused about that Teleport-Ability from Tyrael.
But, we'll have to wait for more information, so don't get to hyped or disappointed.

#24 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

Lots of classes got some Heroes of the storm abilities. Mistweaver monk got Brightwing dash, ret got the tyrael one, and enhancement shaman got Thrall's ultimate. (The one who split the ground, and knocking people).

If it's like Tyrael, it's gonna be weird, because you have to target the place, launch the sword, and then re-activate to teleport. I think it will need 2 gcd to do this, but we'll see.
Posted Image

#25 Juther

Juther
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1582
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1550

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

@WarcraftDevs: @DreamguardSW The Beacon will transfer 50% of the total heal, regardless of where the Beacon target is standing.

#26 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

Lots of classes got some Heroes of the storm abilities. Mistweaver monk got Brightwing dash, ret got the tyrael one, and enhancement shaman got Thrall's ultimate. (The one who split the ground, and knocking people).

If it's like Tyrael, it's gonna be weird, because you have to target the place, launch the sword, and then re-activate to teleport. I think it will need 2 gcd to do this, but we'll see.

Or the teleport would be only activable after the spell effect itself lands.

#27 Treta

Treta
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1631
  • LocationBR

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

I am feeling very unsure about that teleport after they said Seals will be gone for Legion.

It's confirmed we are losing Seal of Justice, so our only way to slow/snare will probably be Hand of Hindrance (they tweeted about it being a ranged slow accessible to Rets). Seeing that Lothar's replaces HoH, it's not very far fetched to say we would be playing a spec with no way to reduce your enemies speed. I don't like this at all - why do they replace a snare with a teleport to begin with? Even though they could be in a movement altering category, they also have 2 distinct functions (Hand of Hindrance would be the offensive, while I'm pretty sure Lothar's would be used most of the time as a defense mechanic).

I could be wrong but this looks really really iffy, especially since they are removing all of the Ret ranged potential.

#28 Kajis

Kajis
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 96

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:51 PM

http://beta.wowdb.co...nt-calculator#L

[Ret] After seeing BETA talents, it made me more than happy. I understand there are few boring talents which increase damage or add range, some PvE talents but it's fine. I feel it's much more diverce now and situational, much better than it is now. I feel like Legion brings Retri back to a good spot. We should not forget that there are PvP talents also.

http://www.mmo-champ...64#post37422564

P.S. Diablo Steed charger, but I don't mind Crusader D3 skills in WoW. Just give 2H weapon + shield now !

#29 Treta

Treta
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationBR

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

http://beta.wowdb.co...nt-calculator#L

[Ret] After seeing BETA talents, it made me more than happy. I understand there are few boring talents which increase damage or add range, some PvE talents but it's fine. I feel it's much more diverce now and situational, much better than it is now. I feel like Legion brings Retri back to a good spot. We should not forget that there are PvP talents also.

http://www.mmo-champ...64#post37422564

P.S. Diablo Steed charger, but I don't mind Crusader D3 skills in WoW. Just give 2H weapon + shield now !

I don't know man, while the damage department is looking 10/10 (Holy Wrath play around stuns, I love it), we got pruned HARD.

So far we lost:

Sac (and Sac dispel with it, now it's only for Holy and doesn't dispel anymore);
Double Freedom/BoP;
Seal of Justice;
Emancipation;
Divine Protection (they changed the Ret active defense CD to a big shield).

It seems like Ret niche will be melee dps with potentially the most retarded burst in game, with good offheals - Blaze of Light has the biggest coefficient of all healing spells so far. Downsides seem to be we will be VERY vulnerable to Purge spams and slowing effects.

#30 Kajis

Kajis
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

I don't know man, while the damage department is looking 10/10 (Holy Wrath play around stuns, I love it), we got pruned HARD.

So far we lost:

Sac (and Sac dispel with it, now it's only for Holy and doesn't dispel anymore);
Double Freedom/BoP;
Seal of Justice;
Emancipation;
Divine Protection (they changed the Ret active defense CD to a big shield).

It seems like Ret niche will be melee dps with potentially the most retarded burst in game, with good offheals - Blaze of Light has the biggest coefficient of all healing spells so far. Downsides seem to be we will be VERY vulnerable to Purge spams and slowing effects.

You are also missing some stuff in the text/description of spells.

-While anyone is under BoP, you can use all abilites now, not only magical spells, but anything you want.

-Divine Shield doesn't have 50% dmg reduction anymore so you can use bble and spam burst and do damage.

-Instead of SoJ, we have Hand of Hind. (Places a Hand on an enemy target, reducing movement speed by 70% for 10 sec. 25yd/30sec cd) which you can upgrade with talents into Tyrael Blink Sword.

-Divine Prot big shield which also does all the absorbed damage back to the enemy, which makes Retri kinda bad target to burst.

- http://beta.wowdb.co...84-divine-steed 2nd gap closer.

----

So far I see that Retri has made it back to Melee Spec with some range spells. (Not like 90% range spells now). They gave a lot of Attack Speed choices, which makes the Zeal/Reckoning style back and gave gap closers, like Blink, Horse (Steed) riding in combat and more. The only thing I'm worried is CC, while I understand that you can reduce HoJ a lot with the talent, I'm still missing my old instant repentance :X

#31 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

In the artifact panel there was also a point about divine storm causing an outward tornado.. DIVINE STORM TORNADOES AND TELEPORT BOYS.

This whole shit sounds so awkward. Like a Holy Monkwarrior with Rogue's CP mechanic. We are fuckin Bullwarks of Light.

Does someone know the Lightning Templar from Oxhorns Videos? We are getting close folks...
Killin' shit since 2004.

#32 Kajis

Kajis
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:19 PM

There is now alpha Artifact weapon talents, but eh.. more and more I think that they will be disabled in PvP, there are some broken spells which would make PvP WTF. And someone mentioned on forums , that Artifact talents would just bring back WOD balancing around PvE.

#33 PM_me_Boxxxy_pics

PM_me_Boxxxy_pics

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

Sac mechanic was retarded to begin with. Every decent team just cross CCs so to use sac you need to use bop / bubble / trinket as well most of the times. I'm glad it's gone as long as we're still playable.

Edited by PM_me_Boxxxy_pics, 27 November 2015 - 05:27 PM.

rLxr7V8.png

#34 Treta

Treta
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationBR

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:17 PM

There is now alpha Artifact weapon talents, but eh.. more and more I think that they will be disabled in PvP, there are some broken spells which would make PvP WTF. And someone mentioned on forums , that Artifact talents would just bring back WOD balancing around PvE.

https://twitter.com/...175903707017216

With that in mind, I gotta say the Ashbringer traits are looking DOPE.

Endless Resolve: Forbearance no longer applies to you.
Protector of the Ashen Blade: Reduces the cooldown of Hand of Protection by x sec.
And the icing on the cake:
Unbreakable Will: When disabled in combat for more than x seconds, Ashbringer will break you free.

These 3 mechanics, combined with the spell redesigns you listed, seem to make Ret a powerhouse of damage that's very hard to peel off.

Of course, there's stuff that's completely broken, like the Frost Mage staff resetting your cooldowns when you interrupt a cast (really Blizzard?) and the Affliction Lock rocks healing you fully. I'd say we can expect the most broken season of WoW, way worse than S5. Imo, that's a good thing, this game's meta has become so antifun radical changes needed to be done.

Sac mechanic was retarded to begin with. Every decent team just cross CCs so to use sac you need to use bop / bubble / trinket as well most of the times. I'm glad it's gone as long as we're still playable.

With Deep Sheeps gone, I'd love to retain Sac dispels. But I agree with you, it's a tricky ass mechanic to balance around and is better off dead.

#35 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:58 PM

Another S5?

Please, YES. It was THE most fun of all seasons, even beating S3 and S4/S8

Ofc we need every class being able to die/dmg/heal just as fast as they did back then..

Btw on topic, if these changes go through it might be the first season where Ret will be really good (if not even a bit op) since s6.

#36 Treta

Treta
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationBR

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:05 PM

IS THIS REAL LIFE
OR IS IT FANTASY

EDIT: Posted Image

Retribution
  • Blessing of Kings Name Changed from Blessing of Kings [NYI] to Blessing of Kings. Places a blessing on an ally that grants them an absorption shield. It absorbs up to333 [*130.6% of Holy Spell Power* damage, and will be refreshed to full strength every 6 sec, even if fully consumed. Limit 3. 30 yd range. Instant. You may only have 3 total active of Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, and Blessing of Wisdom. Paladin - Retribution Spec. 30 yd range. Instant.
  • Blessing of Might Name Changed from Blessing of Might [NYI] to Blessing of Might. Places a blessing on an ally that causes their attacks to have a chance to deal an additional 333 Holy damage. Limit 3. 30 yd range. Instant. 10% chance to deal 30% additional damage as Holy. You may only have 3 total active of Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, and Blessing of Wisdom. Paladin - Retribution Spec. 30 yd range. Instant.
  • Blessing of Wisdom (New) Places a blessing on an ally that causes them to gain 1% of maximum mana every 15 sec, and have a chance when damage is taken to be healed for 5% of maximum health. You may only have 3 total active of Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might, and Blessing of Wisdom. Paladin - Retribution Spec. Instant.

#37 iuremax

iuremax
  • Members

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:31 PM

This unbreakable will thing have 1 min cd. Idk if it's that good because you don't control it, but I can't complain.

#38 Treta

Treta
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationBR

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:44 PM

This unbreakable will thing have 1 min cd. Idk if it's that good because you don't control it, but I can't complain.

Even though it sounds reasonable, I didn't find that 1 minute number anywhere. Are you sure you're not confusing the Artifact trait with the Adaptation PvP talent?

Anyway, those Blessings are some sick utility.

#39 Tealccnutz

Tealccnutz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/2/.

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:31 PM

Haven't really been keeping up with all the new info or mechanics and maybe I'm crazy for thinking this... But doesn't it appear that the Light of the Martyr instant heal that sacrifices our life (in essence a SW:D effect) could be used to break poly/cc?? :duckers: :duckers: (edit: obviously this would depend when our health is taken and if the delay exists)

At 40 yard range too... Please tell me I'm not dreaming

Edited by Tealccnutz, 03 December 2015 - 10:37 PM.

#40 Kajis

Kajis
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

So far Paladin seems promising in all specs, I'm pretty happy about Ret changes and it seems it will be more tanky than it was for past 2 expansions or 3? :q

I think there will be pretty najs Zeal-Attack-Speed Retri spec, which will make things fun again like it used to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<