• 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1714

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:53 AM

Legion BETA PVP TALENTS

http://www.mmo-champ...64#post37422564

Holy Paladin-

Holy Light
2.0% Mana, 40 yd range, 2.5 sec cast
A slow but efficient spell, healing a friendly target for a moderate amount.

Flash of Light
4.0% Mana, 40 yd range, 1.5 sec cast
A quick but expensive spell, healing a friendly target for a moderate amount.

Light of the Martyr
2.5% Mana, 40 yd range, Instant
Sacrifices a moderate amount of your own health to instantly heal an ally for a moderate amount.
Cannot be cast on yourself.

Light of Dawn
4.0% Mana, 1.5 sec cast, 12 sec cooldown
Unleash a wave of healing energy before you, healing up to 5 injured allies within a 15 yd frontal cone for a moderate amount.

Holy Shock
1.5% Mana, 40 yd range, Instant, 10 sec cooldown
Instantly trigger a burst of Light on the target, dealing moderate Holy damage to an enemy, or moderate healing to an ally.
Holy Shock has double the normal critical strike chance.

Infusion of Light
Passive
Your Holy Shock criticals reduce the cast time of your next Holy Light by 1.5 sec or increase the healing of your next Flash of Light by 50%.

Beacon of Light
0.5% Mana, 60 yd range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown
Place a Beacon of Light on a friendly target.
Your heals on other party or raid members will also heal the Beacon of Light target for up to 50% of the amount healed. Your Flash of Light and Holy Light on the Beacon of Light target will also refund 40% of their Mana cost.

Mastery: Lightbringer
Proximity to your target causes your spells to heal for up to 30% (with Mastery from typical gear) more.

Additionally, to provide a glimpse at how some talents may build upon this, here’s one example of a Holy-specific talent:

Beacon of the Lightbringer
Passive
The maximum bonus from Mastery: Lightbringer is increased by 24%, and it now increases your healing based on the target's proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light, whichever is closer.

RET-

Crusader Strike
Melee Range, Instant, 4.5 sec cooldown
An instant strike that causes moderate Physical damage and grants 1 Holy Power

Blade of Justice
12 yd range, Instant, 12 sec cooldown
Strikes an enemy with the Blade of Justice, dealing strong Holy damage and generating 2 Holy Power

Judgment
30 yd range, Instant, 12 sec cooldown
Judge an enemy, dealing moderate Holy damage and causing the target to take 30% increased damage from your Holy Power generators and consumers for 6 sec.

Templar’s Verdict
3 Holy Power, Melee Range, Instant
A powerful weapon strike that deals massive Holy damage.

Divine Storm
3 Holy Power, Instant
A whirl of divine energy, dealing strong Holy damage to all enemies within 8 yds.

Conviction
Passive
Your Crusader Strike and Blade of Justice have a 20% chance to generate 1 additional Holy Power.

Mastery: Hand of Light
Your Crusader Strike, Blade of Justice, Divine Storm, and Templar’s Verdict deal 45% (with Mastery from typical gear) additional Holy damage.

Additionally, to provide a glimpse at how some talents may build upon this, here’s one example of a Retribution-specific talent:

Lothar’s Might
30 yd range, Instant, 30 sec cooldown
Flings a blade of holy light to the target location. Reactivating will teleport the Paladin to the blade and strike nearby enemies for moderate Holy damage.
Replaces Hand of Hindrance.

Edited by washboardabsx, 22 November 2015 - 08:29 PM.

#2 Cherrios

Cherrios
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:37 AM

lothar's might is gonna be trippy foreal, idk what hand of hindrance is though...and light of martyr seems like itll be cool i wonder how that will work

#3 keishton

keishton
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:22 AM

Passive
The maximum bonus from Mastery: Lightbringer is increased by 24%, and it now increases your healing based on the target's proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light, whichever is closer.

^ this + beacon glyph + macro beacon to every keybind you have for passive 54% + heal? add wings to that gg

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/1/2/././.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:15 AM

Passive

^ this + beacon glyph + macro beacon to every keybind you have for passive 54% + heal? add wings to that gg

Major glyphs are gone.You get stuff like that from your artifact weapon.We don't know what we have for now. :P

#5 Kylez

Kylez
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 2177
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:55 AM

Ret is VERY strong it may be a simple spec to play but very few can play it at its top potential

Edited by Kylez, 28 April 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#6 Juther

Juther
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1582
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1550

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:14 AM

I can't see how they possibly balance our new mastery in pvp.

Right now WE play 40y behind a pillar, with casted heals (they are still there) and with 0 mobility.

Any idea? Di did i miss some Skill?

Edit: http://us.battle.net...pic/19648956170

What does it means?

#7 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:41 AM

Holy fckin [email protected]!

I can't believe that after six damned years (well six with the release date) we got that trash of a shit holy power gone on holy paladins. Also comeback of auras and judgement play!
And for retri, we got the Tyrael teleport from HotS. Blade of Justice aka low range judgement just like pre-cata. And if we keep having empowered Divine Storm then this will be sooo sooo good.

I'm so much hyped.

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/1/2/././.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:49 AM

You can still do that, beacon triggers this bonus aswell.So your non-beacon target gets a lot of heal when the other dps with beacon is near him.
And your mastery is increased a big time by a big bunch aswell.
I think it will be pretty strong if you're tunneled, you have heavy split heal aswell.
This makes Hpals a melee cleave healer, if I understood correct.

But like I said before, they said there are hundred of new talents for all classes, you may even end up not using this one specific talent.

• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2064
  • 3v3: 2084
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1948

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

and light of martyr seems like itll be cool i wonder how that will work

Not playing paladin but its gonna be fun if it has swd-like mechanic.

Edited by Sennaxz, 10 November 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#10 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:17 AM

No more holy power ? Yes !
Differents and useful auras? Yes !
Being a close range healer with the new mastery? Oh my god <3

You can still be a long range healer with the previewed talent. So i can imagine there will be others choices for staying in melee.

Too bad our artefact is a one hand hammer. That would be awesome to have a 2 hands weapon !

Ret = Tyrael from Heroes !

I wonder how they will change all the holy power specific talents for hpal.
Love it.
Posted Image

#11 Repcal

Repcal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/2/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2556
  • 3v3: 2701
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1150
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:27 AM

Just some random thoughts about the preview & legion hpal in general...

-I liked how we spent our holy power in mop but it seemed useless in WoD, glad to see it go I guess.
-LoM looks like it will be a really cool ability if it has a sw:d like mechanic to it. Also I like that LoM will force us to swap around our beacon more, for example swapping our beacon onto ourselves before using the ability to essentially take less damage.
-Kinda on the fence with the new mastery, I don't really care that it's getting changed but I don't really care for the new mastery either. Maybe it'll grow on me over time.
-Really hoping that holy shock in legion isn't a super underwhelming heal like it is in WoD.
-Hoping that execution sentence gets nerfed into the ground for legion hpals, Holy prism should be the only viable talent.
-Hopefully the entire lvl 100 talent tree is reworked, id really like to see double beacon flat out removed from the game so the beacon tax isn't so heavy like it is in WoD.
-Id like to see sac go back on the gcd, seemed unnecessary to take it off the gcd.

Edited by Repcal, 10 November 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#12 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

More teleports and shit... Blizzard please...
Posted Image

#13 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

not a fan of this lothar's might bs

#14 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1456
  • 3v3: 2092
  • RBG: 1629

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:29 PM

Seems like they're lending a lot from diablo this time around. Hope it works out for the better
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#15 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:36 PM

More teleports and shit... Blizzard please...

not a fan of this lothar's might bs

Pretty much this! :S I mean, they are giving us a TELEPORT? WHAT?
A copy paste of Monk's ability one, on 30 second cooldown! ._. As Ret! ._.

I... I am starting to have a bad feeling about Legion...
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#16 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:35 PM

If it's the same copy of Tyrael spell in Heroes, you will have very few seconds to use it before the sword disappear. Doesn't seems too op. Let's see the full spells, talents and artefact before.
Posted Image

#17 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

If it's the same copy of Tyrael spell in Heroes, you will have very few seconds to use it before the sword disappear. Doesn't seems too op. Let's see the full spells, talents and artefact before.

I know it's the same copy from Tyrael's ability. :( However just the idea of having such an ability as a Ret seems really awkward to me! :(

You are right about the rest though. One should indeed view the whole thing before being definite and absolute. However I still have a bad feeling! :(
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#18 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

I realy do think it's this teleport what was needed for ret. Especially with the same mechanic (have to throw, etc) wich could make it fun, skillcapped and non-op.

#19 Treta

Treta
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1631
  • LocationBR

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:33 PM

I feel like a big part of the Ret problem is getting constantly hit by the nerfbat whenever we are decent, which (imo) is caused in how easy it is to Avenging Wrath gib people in lower brackets (the most vocal people in forums and social media), along with the false sense of immortality Divine Shield causes on new/less skilled players. The rotation is clearly getting more complex with the new Judgment mechanic combined with the thought process you'll go through every time you get an extra HP from Conviction (do I use finisher to not potentially waste a HP or keep building?), so mashing random buttons whenever they are up isn't going to wield the results it could back when Ret was considered overpowered or very good. Ret's survivability being tied to Bubble wasn't mentioned, though, and that is pretty damn unfortunate.

That Blink they mentioned will probably get used way more defensively than to chase people, I think. It won't probably be the godsend that fixes Ret problematic survivability, we are playing a game where pretty much everyone has a gap closer or instant CCs. Still, could be pretty good throwing the sword all the way back to your healer or a pillar before your burst ends and fall back.

My highest hope for the xpac is somehow Ret gets another comps to play. Being tied to a Hunter really ruins the fun, a lot. This could also be a big problem, since Hunters are getting reworked hard and even that synergy could be gone.

Cautiosly optimistic, WoD hype taught a lot.

Edit: it also seems they removed both Exorcism and Hammer of Wrath from our rotation, probably to combine both into Sword of Light. I couldn't care less about Exorcism, but we are losing our Execute mechanic, this could be iffy. Also, theres a SS floating around that shows Ret with Consecration again and... Holy Shock?

http://imgur.com/k7KYfjM

#20 Westbif

Westbif
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

I probably will be going for priest when the update is live. Simply because I like a more aggressive play style

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<