• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:55 PM

Thoughts on this?

I think it would reward more aware (i.e. better) players who actively follow cooldown use / DR's themselves instead of just having a few addons (gladius, gladiatorlosa etc) do it all for you.

This in turn would lead to more mistakes > more chances to punish bad plays, something that is very lacking in the game at the moment.

It also fundamentally puts all players on an even playing field, as in League and Counter strike.

I think people would complain at first, but if we want to build a better more competitive game in the future (legion) then its a step in the right direction.

From watching blizzcon the signs are pretty encouraging, the UI system and commentating is easier to follow than it was in the past we just need the more exciting game play to return.

Would post in general discussion but not active at the moment (and not an ex-glad) so not able too.

#2 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0
  • LocationSpain

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:47 PM

That's never gonna happen, mainly because there is A LOT of people who rely on custom UI's (PitBull, Shadowed Unit Frames, X-Perl, etc), and disabling addons will disable that custom UI's that people love. The addons that give a competitive advantage that you are talking about would also be disabled, but ironically that is the least important effect of not allowing addons, because people would be waaaay more mad about not being allowed to use their super cool PitBull frames that they have spent 10 hours to configure than not being allowed to see DR's.

Not allowing addons in certains instanced parts of the game but allowing it in other parts would be completely ridiculous, it's not a restriction that can be applied selectively. Do you imagine people in outdoor using their ultra awesome PitBull Unit Frames and Bartender4 Action Bars, and then joining an arena game and having to use the Default Unit Frames and Default Action Bars? They would be so mad that the WoW forums would explode.

The only real option would be to completely remove addons from the game, which of course is never gonna happen.

#3 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

Thoughts on this?

I think it would reward more aware (i.e. better) players who actively follow cooldown use / DR's themselves instead of just having a few addons (gladius, gladiatorlosa etc) do it all for you.

This in turn would lead to more mistakes > more chances to punish bad plays, something that is very lacking in the game at the moment.

It also fundamentally puts all players on an even playing field, as in League and Counter strike.

I think people would complain at first, but if we want to build a better more competitive game in the future (legion) then its a step in the right direction.

From watching blizzcon the signs are pretty encouraging, the UI system and commentating is easier to follow than it was in the past we just need the more exciting game play to return.

Would post in general discussion but not active at the moment (and not an ex-glad) so not able too.

your a dk thats why u dont need addons, trying playin hpala(or other healers that have to cast alot... oh wait) vs any warlock without addons, its the most aids shit ever

#4 civelli

civelli
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

have a hearth for battletaure :(

#5 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:53 PM

kick timers/trinkets/drs should be in the default ui gladiatorlossa-all cds-dot trackers/timers should just be removed

#6 Zenety

Zenety
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Wildhammer
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2202
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:55 PM

Disable Gladlosa and it will be cooler imo.

#7 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:13 PM

kick timers/trinkets/drs should be in the default ui gladiatorlossa-all cds-dot trackers/timers should just be removed

This, what I am getting at is the idea of everyone having a level playing field.

your a dk thats why u dont need addons, trying playin hpala(or other healers that have to cast alot... oh wait) vs any warlock without addons, its the most aids shit ever

Introducing the above would solve that.

#8 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:16 AM

I actually made a suggestion in a general discussion thread that Blizzard add an option to disable addons in arena. It would be opt in and display your choice to other players during/after an arena match.

I disagree with kick and trinket timers being part of the default UI, but agree that DR's should be. The DR system is sufficiently complex to where I think a UI element should be present for it. Especially with how chaotic PvP can be (especially BGs) where you can easily stun into an opponent that is immune, or on DR, without realizing it. Not having DRs show up on the UI is similar to not showing HP.

Whereas tracking trinkets and interrupts is just a way to make the game easier. There isn't a situation where something you do won't work as expected and cause confusion because you didn't know the opposing player had a kick or interrupt up.

It's all subjective though.
Vadren#1175

#9 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:36 AM

Some people need addons for reasons other than being shit like poor eyesight etc
Not saying addons are a totally okay thing but removing them would just make tons of people who genuinely need them unable to play

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#10 Devouring

Devouring
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aggra (Português)
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1479
  • 3v3: 2202

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

That will NEVER happen. I am not saying it wouldn't be good. It would be amazing!. High rating would have a whole new meaning and we would be back in the days where 2600 are gods (hyperbolic metaphor guys...).

However, Blizzard showed us with the newest patches they want to simplify everything. Addons help people do that. My guess is that Blizzard devs think that people are leaving WoW because it gets frustrating to control "too many things". Now for many of us that is a good thing, but apparently for most people who play WoW it is not - they love simplicity. Addons in arena simplify things in such a way that I am SURE that if they removed them, the PvP players in WoW would decrease drastically, which blizzard will not allow to happen.

EDIT: I also agree with Jack here, addons DO help people with poor eyesight or other kind of disabilities who benefit from addons like GladiatorSA (which tells you through sound some CD's being used).

Tell me if I am wrong guys but I really do believe this will never happen. I am fine with it. When it REALLY matters (competitions, like Blizzcon), you are not allowed to use addons and every player who wants to reach that level has to practice without them. The more "casual" arena players can't live without them :)

EDIT: I have been reading some of the comments here and to be honest let me say this guys: I reached gladiator on DK when DK's where at its best. Nectrotic strike did too much and I used many addons, specially addons for DRs. Now do I believe I could reach Glad without these? No. And in my opinion that is BAD. There is less of a gap between above average, very good and excellent players. No addons would make things more complex, which is good because it creates a better hierarchy within the PvP rating system, allowing you to differentiate levels of gameplay a lot better.

Edited by Devouring, 10 November 2015 - 08:53 PM.

#11 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:49 PM

The only reason some streamers don't use addons, is because they look to participate in tournements that disallow addons. Plenty of streamers who participate in these tournaments have said that if addons were allowed in said tournaments (meaning they did not have to adjust to using and not using addons), that they would use addons regularly.

I know there are some trashy addons out there, like losa, but the majority of addons used by non-lan participants are used because blizzard's default UI sucks ass.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: addons, arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<