• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2606
  • 3v3: 2652
  • RBG: 576

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:09 PM

i'm not up to date with anything but wasnt this blood-only?
sure it was when i read it on mmo champ

edit: nvm, seems either mmo champ was wrong or they expanded the change onto the other specs http://i.imgur.com/3vrcAyR.png

Edited by hippocongruency, 19 November 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#22 bl00dlust

bl00dlust
  • Junkies

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:02 AM

Can't fucking wait for six rune necro spam again.

Fuck. Off. Dks.

that's exactly what it will be too. that's all i did on my dk when i played it.

#23 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:30 AM

Than you did it wrong.
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#24 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:38 AM

Than you did it wrong.

Are you implying Scourge Strike > Necro Strike ever? Spamming necros was the cornerstone of being a DK, Cata - MoP.

#25 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:29 AM

6x Nectrotic Strikes -> Empower Rune Weapon -> 6x Nectrotic Strikes (or 3x2 Obliterate spam), sounds fair enough.

Feels like it's gonna be insane for PvP unless they add a cooldown or something else to prevent the runes from all being used at the same time...

Empowered rune weapon is frost only, Necrotic strike is a unholy only pvp talent.

#26 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

problem is we don't actually know anything about the change. Maybe runic power/rune regeneration is changing big time so you won't have 4 runes active at any given moment. Lets get real here, dk resource revamp has been needed since MoP when it just sorta became ok spam all buttons as often as possible because lol blood tap.

I think it's somewhat inaccurate to say that we don't know anything about the change. And if we want to have any hope of reversing this, the feedback needs to be very soon or it will probably be too late. If you had to bet on it... would you guess that they're adding some other hugely cool thing to compensate for this? Or that this is basically it?

I hope everyone focuses on the ruining of the awesome DK resource more than balance concerns. Us giving feedback that's super focused on balance is part of the reason classes feel so boring to play.

#27 Arancor

Arancor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gilneas
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

If you want to talk about balance issues based on Alpha issues watch out for Arcane Mages with Blink on 3 seconds CD !

#28 Treta

Treta
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1631
  • LocationBR

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

Oh, it only gets "better" the more you look at it. It seems they are doing away with the 150% critical damage cap.

Posted Image

Looks pretty dope, right? Now we have this artifact trait:

Nothing but the Boots (Rank 3) - Increases the critical strike damage of Obliterate by 40%.

But wait! You can use Artifact Relics to boost up any minor trait to Rank 5. As this one increases by 10% per level, you could have an extra 60% critical damage on Obliterate, maxed out. That means 200% (if the cap indeed goes away) + 50% + 60% = 310% critical damage on an attack that hits for 260% weapon damage per hand before modifiers (theres a talent that straight up adds 30% Frost Damage to Obliterate).

If the active PvP KM actually benefits from the Talent that lets you have 2 charges, Frost DKs would be able to burst with 2 guaranteed 310% crit Oblits, then chain to 5 more using Empower Rune Weapon and the Talent that gives you a 7th rune. Yup, 7 Obliterates, back to back, and I'm not even counting the Frost Strikes from Runic Power and Rime procs you would get.

I should mention theres also a Frost Artifact Trait that clears all debuffs you have when you use AMS, so you get a better Cloak of Shadows on a 45 sec. CD.

Legion looks promising :^)

#29 The_Observer

The_Observer
  • Members

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:01 PM

Oh, it only gets "better" the more you look at it. It seems they are doing away with the 150% critical damage cap.

It's not a cap on live its -25% critical dmg/healing you can crit higher than 150% in wod if you have abilities that crit higher than 200% normally. We also don't know if this will be there at all for legion but either way you'd be able to crit for more in legion with those.

#30 Treta

Treta
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1631
  • LocationBR

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:55 PM

It's not a cap on live its -25% critical dmg/healing you can crit higher than 150% in wod if you have abilities that crit higher than 200% normally. We also don't know if this will be there at all for legion but either way you'd be able to crit for more in legion with those.

Oh well, you're 100% right. I haven't played a spec that goes over 150% this expansion so I kinda took it for granted as being the absolute norm. But yeah, the main point still stands - you will be able to chain massive Obliterate crits up to 7 times and, even in the worst case scenario of the PvP crit modifier multiplicative nerf staying as it is, Obliterate would still have the highest crit value out there :P

#31 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:49 PM

Are you implying Scourge Strike > Necro Strike ever? Spamming necros was the cornerstone of being a DK, Cata - MoP.

I'm implying you did it wrong.
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#32 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

I'm implying you did it wrong.

Telling someone you did it wrong and showing them what they did wrong are two different things. Step outside the dichotomy and prove spamming damage as a DK is doing it wrong.

#33 Wertexjk

Wertexjk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2116

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

I don't mind the rune change tbh. I disagree that the rune resource minigame adds depth or finesse to the class. Any person who mains a DK can learn the mechanic pretty easily and at that point it just becomes a tedious damage rotation spam like many other classes.

When it comes to adding some complexity to classes I would prefer if they considered more unique mechanics like Dark Simulacrum which rewards some planning/foresight and actual interaction with other players.

#34 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

Telling someone you did it wrong and showing them what they did wrong are two different things. Step outside the dichotomy and prove spamming damage as a DK is doing it wrong.

Scourge Strike had a lower 'projected' amount of damage, but in a situation where the target wasn't receiving heals, it had a higher amount of 'true' damage. Scourge Striking a target was better than Necrotic Striking if you had a long CC chain on the healer and didn't expect him to get healing off.

Edited by Forumz, 02 December 2015 - 04:04 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Fennixqt

Fennixqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1199
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1335

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

I think it's somewhat inaccurate to say that we don't know anything about the change. And if we want to have any hope of reversing this, the feedback needs to be very soon or it will probably be too late. If you had to bet on it... would you guess that they're adding some other hugely cool thing to compensate for this? Or that this is basically it?

I hope everyone focuses on the ruining of the awesome DK resource more than balance concerns. Us giving feedback that's super focused on balance is part of the reason classes feel so boring to play.

You cannot forget that blizzard for past 10+ years never had bad ideas, their ideas for almost every expansion/patch were great, but the execution of those ideas were worst then we could ever imagine to be. This is why I am somehow scared that their decent ideas will pass through bad execution once again and end up horrible for overall class design, then once again, we will have a super boring dmg bot class with even less logic. So us providing ideas and feedback to blizzard doesn't really mean anything even if they listen to it, turning those ideas and feedback into a working features of this game is a problem.

Edited by Fennixqt, 03 December 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#36 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:40 AM

Necrostrike is going to be a pvp talent, so naturally they'll be tuning it around pvp. Holinktard is gonna keep it underpowered, probably.

#37 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

Necrostrike is going to be a pvp talent, so naturally they'll be tuning it around pvp. Holinktard is gonna keep it underpowered, probably.

Like when they actually intended for it to be reduced by dampening because they are very smart and know their game.

Edited by Forumz, 04 December 2015 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image

#38 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:01 AM

Like when they actually intended for it to be reduced by dampening because they are very smart and know their game.

Did they say they're going to do that?

#39 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:48 AM

Scourge Strike had a lower 'projected' amount of damage, but in a situation where the target wasn't receiving heals, it had a higher amount of 'true' damage. Scourge Striking a target was better than Necrotic Striking if you had a long CC chain on the healer and didn't expect him to get healing off.

Nah you just necroed bruh. Don't over complicate a DK's lifestyle.

#40 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

Nah you just necroed bruh. Don't over complicate a DK's lifestyle.

Nah you just did it wrong.
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<