• EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1569
  • 3v3: 2152
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1547

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:12 PM

Hello, i started to play arenas at the end of the last season of MoP and i have some curiosity, id like to know if get 2.2k its easier now than BC/WotLK/Cata/MoP or its harder.

What do you think?

• Banned
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/./0/1/.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:10 AM

easier, just play something retarded, follow the meta my friend! <3
Shit game is shit :) btw Butthex, ur still a nobody, thx for reminding me to fix my shit sign

#3 EverRog

EverRog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:36 AM

Hahahahah, my problem its not the comp, its to find a 3rd mate but i dont care if it takes a lot more time to get 2.2k. I just have some curiosity because i have found many players with old good achivs but then they shouldnt get more than 1.7CR. So i want to know if they lost a lot of practise or that was more or less their level.

Sorry for my english.

#4 dar0

dar0
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Azuremyst
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1887
  • 3v3: 1940
  • RBG: 1749

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

I find it alot harder to gain rating now than it was in mop. Mop was easier than any expansion before though. I've always been between 1700-1800. But in mop i had 2k on more er less every class, playing basically any comp. But now it seems like i can't even get my usual 1700 without playing retard comps like turbo -_- might just be me getting older, but it really feels like wod is impossible unless you run fotm. Just my pov.

#5 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

I find it alot harder to gain rating now than it was in mop. Mop was easier than any expansion before though. I've always been between 1700-1800. But in mop i had 2k on more er less every class, playing basically any comp. But now it seems like i can't even get my usual 1700 without playing retard comps like turbo -_- might just be me getting older, but it really feels like wod is impossible unless you run fotm. Just my pov.

Hm... MoP, you say? I am actually unsure about this. I believe that in TBC and WotLK rating was much more easier to gain, seeing as how I meet a LOT of people with 2.3-2.4k from that time, but they ain't that good in general - at least of right now - and all they do is actually talk about these past expansions. Maybe it's just because the game has changed so much, but then again if you are a good player (someone who understands how the game mechanics work everytime they change) it should be more or less easy to adapt again, no?

I don't actually really know tbf, I just formed my opinion based on what I have seen until now.
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#6 Celinedijon

Celinedijon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1316
  • 3v3: 2623
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

Hm... MoP, you say? I am actually unsure about this. I believe that in TBC and WotLK rating was much more easier to gain, seeing as how I meet a LOT of people with 2.3-2.4k from that time, but they ain't that good in general - at least of right now - and all they do is actually talk about these past expansions. Maybe it's just because the game has changed so much, but then again if you are a good player (someone who understands how the game mechanics work everytime they change) it should be more or less easy to adapt again, no?

I don't actually really know tbf, I just formed my opinion based on what I have seen until now.

Because what was "sick plays" in tbc/wotlk is common sense now. Most people didn't even know what LoSing or fake casting was in tbc.

Edited by Celinedijon, 09 November 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#7 EverRog

EverRog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:11 PM

That is why i want to know how harder/easier the game is now if we compare it with other expantions... i really know about many people with high achivs, some of them say the game is really harder now (1700now=2200woltk) and the others dont think that

#8 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

It's easier now. You HAVE to play fotm though. The games are cruise-controlled if you do, impossible to win if you don't.

#9 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/0

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:00 PM

Stay away from 2s if you dont have to get aids.
“It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.”

#10 EverRog

EverRog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:53 PM

I got 2k on 2s last season, its to late for me D:

#11 azek

azek
  • Junkies

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:09 AM

It seems like it was easier before to get a decent rating with comps that made no sense.
Feels like you "have to" play something that works now if you expect to get a higher rating.

#12 Dargonlordx

Dargonlordx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2011
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

Hello, i started to play arenas at the end of the last season of MoP and i have some curiosity, id like to know if get 2.2k its easier now than BC/WotLK/Cata/MoP or its harder.

Hey man. This is an honest post. I recently came back to wow
I got glad with my discpriest back in 09` . No easy task but to be completely honest. The game has changed so much... you need to imvest time to get "good" 99% of all people playing right now are utter dog shiet. ...

#13 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

Because what was "sick plays" in tbc/wotlk is common sense now. Most people didn't even know what LoSing or fake casting was in tbc.

I do not agree with this notion at all, PvP is extremely linear and there is only so much you can do, between ability pruning, increase in focus on cd'ed instants vs casts , push-back removal. I only press about 5 things as a mage at any given moment. And I see quite the opposite, people who could never get gladiator BC-CATA have been getting gladiator in MOP/WOD.

Edited by denialz, 24 January 2016 - 07:59 AM.

#14 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:02 AM

2.4k was pretty damn close to rank 1 in BC and 2500 was usually top 10 in Wotlk. I doubt you know/knew anyone at that tier. It seems you are just hating on those people who talk about past expansions, but being one of those people ( i am retired but i login once in awhile to do a bg ) , the game IS EXTREMELY forgiving of mistakes. In bc and wrath, cata if i did a shit blink vs a rogue or war team my RMP would lose or fall WAY behind. I garantuee you would have been obliterated in bc and wrath by those players you are saying arent high rated anymore. Between the huge power of healing and immunity abilities/self healing abilities that all classes have the game is MUCH easier.

Edited by denialz, 24 January 2016 - 08:06 AM.

#15 Cenomi

Cenomi
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

edited out

#16 lobster

lobster
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM

finding healers now seems much more difficult now that everyone's W'ing

[18:31:47][W:From] [Shinyz]: say: "my cat died i gotta leave to burn it" then come to my channel and ill protect u
[18:31:50][W:From] [Shinyz]: aight qt?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<