Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 01:32. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Night Elf Shadow Priest

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:25 AM

I honestly don't understand why people would think that NE is a bad race for a shadow priest at all. Is it the best? No. But you're not a troll in 2s with a rogue here.... (god i wish my priest wasn't troll, should just run shadowplay :()

#22 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:32 AM

I'm pretty sure starshards and 20% melee dodge for 20 seconds are THE two best possible shadow priest racials. Undead is really the only shadow priest with better racials than you cause of WoTF
but one of their priest racials sucks ass. Night elf is the only priest where both racials are useful in 3/4 games.

Lawl . . .

#23 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

Lawl . . .

You seem passionate. Tell me, why are nightelves so apparently terrible?

#24 Faile

Faile
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:05 AM

NE SPs aren't really bad at all, sure you're not UD with a dot that ticks harder than literally anything and heals you and WotF but it's not like it's gonna make or break the difference between 1700 and 2050.

First, and literally only, time I've played Shadow in arena I had shitloads worse gear than you(170 less shadow dmg for starters) and my rogue was horribly geared, badly gemmed not fully enchanted with mostly s2 gear and I got like a 70% win to 1750 in 2s.

Just go Rogue/SP or UA/SP in 2s(if your rogues are horribly geared tell them to specc HARP, found it helps with keeping control and putting out burst).
Shadowplay is really strong in the ladder in 3s(UA/SP/RSham) but you can also run something like RDruid/SP/UA, RDruid/SP/Rogue, Mage/Rogue/SP.
Two of the most popular 4 dps comps in 5s are UA/SP/Mage/Rogue/RSham and same with a RDruid. 4 caster DPS can also be run.

i say bring it on blizzard, is that all you've got

#25 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:41 AM

Thank you for the last post. I'm basically whining because of a lack of people on my server with any skill whatsoever. NE for sure isn't the worst race for racials, but it for sure isn't the best combo of racials as was stated previously. I mainly made this thread as a means to find out (if any) NE priests have had success in every bracket and with what combo. My problem more than any other is a lack of choice on my server. If I had it my way, I'd have tried every combo out there. As for transferring . . . I'm not doing that till the expansion. My problem in escaping past the high 1800 mark in 2s is rogue mage. 2s on the shadowburn battlegroup is littered with that combo, and I've yet to beat them (especially UD which seems to be basically most of them) on a consistent basis. So, I bounce up and down trying to break free of the mark and get to more warrior teams.

#26 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:52 AM

As to the statement concerning why so few play it. It's because it sucks. Plain and simple, I know I'm not the best nelf sh. priest out there, but I consider myself to be skilled. The racials lack and arena can be a win or loss depending on racials. I'd love to see one that exists.

I love being NE. With the current shadowmeld bug, it's quite possibly a better racial than stoneform in terms of holy. Starshards are far from bad and neither is elune's grace.

There are games you would have won as dwarf or draenei, but don't think you'd be 2500 instead of 2000

#27 nawty

nawty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:53 AM

Lawl . . .

stop denying what more experienced players claim. Go back to wow-europe forums

next please

#28 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:55 AM

Post in a holy priest forum . . .

#29 Zaxn

Zaxn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:54 AM

my win loss ratio in 2's means nothing when the guy has no clue how to play spriest rogue.... obviously our week together isn't gonna be good when he isn't used to vanish sapping. Whats it matter how we get to 2050 as long as we got there....
Zaxn - www.myspace.com/zaxn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users