Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 01:32. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Night Elf Shadow Priest

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:18 AM

After staying up for 3 hours and working on my 3s team, I'm officially at a lost of what combo to do in any of my brackets. Baelgun has nothing (relatively) in the way of good arena players to choose from, so my choices are very limited. Currently I'm trying sh. priest rogue (and have been for a while), but I just can't get above the mark. Of course the rogues don't have my gear either. 3s we tried tonight as resto druid, rogue, sh. priest to no avail. 5s I'm doing as sh. priest double bm hunter, resto shaman, resto druid which I got above 2k last season. Basically I'm sick of being a nelf sh. priest and was wondering if there are any other nelf sh. priests with my gear or better willing to give any advice. The only shadow priests I've personally seen above 2k in any bracket are something other than nelf. Do I suck, or is it my pathetic racials combined with a difficult class to play in arena?

#2 Pollox

Pollox
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

you can without a doubt get gladiator with a nelf sh priest.

#3 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:33 AM

I'd love the name of a nelf gladiator shadow priest to view.

#4 Zaxn

Zaxn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

hai
Zaxn - www.myspace.com/zaxn

#5 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

and one during this season above 2k in every bracket.

#6 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:37 AM

So after viewing your rogue. No wonder you're above 2k . . . I lack a rogue with the gear of yours (pve) with the talent needed. I'm at a crossroads. That extra dps does everything to getting that one guy down in 2s.

#7 Pollox

Pollox
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:38 AM

lol to your 10:35 post

#8 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:40 AM

How so? I'm dead serious . . . show me one above 2k in every bracket. 2s sure . . . combined with a very well geared rogue that's fine (which I don't have). 5s even . . . with our makeshift group we make do. But show me one in the world above 2k in every bracket and I'll gain some hope.

#9 Pollox

Pollox
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

not many people play night elf priest, thats why its so few top rated night elf priests.

#10 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

As to the statement concerning why so few play it. It's because it sucks. Plain and simple, I know I'm not the best nelf sh. priest out there, but I consider myself to be skilled. The racials lack and arena can be a win or loss depending on racials. I'd love to see one that exists.

#11 jinsungchoi

jinsungchoi
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Warsong
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

http://www.wowarmory...&n=Milkofamnsia

this one's pretty high rated

#12 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

My last post before I pass out from sleep deprivation. After looking at these people all I can say is great job. I think it involves a lot of skill (and gear). The gear part my partners lack in, and I don't assume I'll be getting up high any time soon. I've resorted myself to no chance on the baelgun server. I feel like the only possibility is if I get on a server with more than 1 guild with BT on farm :/. Thanks for the heads up on the people . . . if anyone else knows of any . . . or has great advice, I'd love to hear it.

#13 Zaxn

Zaxn
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

i pvp'd with 4 different rogues this season 2 have been full pvp, 1 full pve gear, and 1 in kara epics and we broke 205 comfortably. We could easily break 2k in 5's if i had a mage to play with zzz. and 3's well 3's its a pain to get a resto shaman that wants to heal clothies
Zaxn - www.myspace.com/zaxn

#14 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:18 PM

So I'm assuming you would do rogue resto shaman sh. priest for 3s? Then you would do mage, rogue, sh. priest, druid, lock for 5s? Correct me if I'm wrong.

#15 misko

misko
  • Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

Oh and 134-93 in 2s isn't comfortable in my book. That's a 59% winning percentage . . . seems like you have your trouble at times.

#16 brod

brod
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

Baelgun has nothing (relatively) in the way of good arena players to choose from, so my choices are very limited.

So transfer. I've never even heard of Baelgun..

#17 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:47 AM

Oh and 134-93 in 2s isn't comfortable in my book. That's a 59% winning percentage . . . seems like you have your trouble at times.

So if there was another team in which the player shared the same racials/skill as those in this one, but queue dodged dual undead (or anything else that puts them at a blatant disadvantage) and wound up with a more favorable ratio, would that make them better?

Of course they're going to have trouble at times; it's not a makeup without counters.

Edited by Prov, 11 August 2008 - 01:50 AM.

#18 Axler

Axler
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:09 AM

The SP in my 2s and 3s is a NELF.

Dunno why you're down on NELF priests, Shadowmeld is handy for not getting charged and staying out of combat so the Rogue can sap.
making with the stabby since 04

#19 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:11 AM

My advice ? Quit slacking.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#20 Convection

Convection
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:18 AM

I'm pretty sure starshards and 20% melee dodge for 20 seconds are THE two best possible shadow priest racials. Undead is really the only shadow priest with better racials than you cause of WoTF
but one of their priest racials sucks ass. Night elf is the only priest where both racials are useful in 3/4 games.

Edited by Convection, 11 August 2008 - 02:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users