• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/2/././././.
  • 2v2: 96

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

Hey guys,

My buddy and I were doing some 2's (combat rogue and resto shaman) yesterday where we ran into some issues with a particular comp (hunter and resto druid...I think the hunter was survival).

Wasn't really sure what the best strategy was against this team so I just went hunter and swapped druid with red buff+ trinket+ slice and dice. I stepped kidney + killing spree. While I was able to bring him pretty low (about 40%) I couldn't finish him off (displacer away). We couldn't last very long in the fight since they were able to force our cooldowns much more effectively than we could. They would use, freezing trap + clone spam + bash etc on the shaman which would force me to use my defensive cooldowns. Eventually, I would run out.

I also felt like I couldn't cc the druid effectively (step kick/kidney/gouge) since if I used step, I would have nothing to reach the hunter.

For other games, I tried running shadow reflection (this seemed to help during the burst against druid but still not enough) and going on the druid (I couldn't kill the druid with the peels from the hunter and druid was doing a good job kiting me around pillars). The chasing the druid around pillars also allowed for some really good cc against my shaman + los.

My skill in the game is still quite low so I was hoping some more experienced players could give me some advice on some strategies against this comp or even my gameplay in general.

Thanks

#2 Seiez

Seiez
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 0/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 1894
  • 5v5: 958
  • RBG: 1590

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

Hi Agarito,

I'm not a pro or anything but hopefully I can give you some tips.

What I usually do in 2s:

First thing I always do is to stay on the hunter or hit anything possible when im not active bursting to keep generating insight buff (for example if ur healer is CCD and you have to loss try to hit the hunters pet to keep insight going. Also keeping feint up at all times and avoid as much incomming damage as possible and slowly but steady build to red buff to get ready for a big swap on the druid you could also bring the pain on the hunter if hes bad and has trinket off cd..

Survival hunters cant really match a combat rogue in terms of burst. Therefore you want to drag the game out and try to stay alive as long as possible to abuse the dampening to secure a kill in a hard swap which usually happens around 25% dampening.

#3 Agarito

Agarito
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/2/././././.
  • 2v2: 96

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:47 PM

Hi Agarito,

I'm not a pro or anything but hopefully I can give you some tips.

What I usually do in 2s:

First thing I always do is to stay on the hunter or hit anything possible when im not active bursting to keep generating insight buff (for example if ur healer is CCD and you have to loss try to hit the hunters pet to keep insight going. Also keeping feint up at all times and avoid as much incomming damage as possible and slowly but steady build to red buff to get ready for a big swap on the druid you could also bring the pain on the hunter if hes bad and has trinket off cd..

Survival hunters cant really match a combat rogue in terms of burst. Therefore you want to drag the game out and try to stay alive as long as possible to abuse the dampening to secure a kill in a hard swap which usually happens around 25% dampening.

Good idea, I think I will give that a try. I never thought about hitting the pet to keep insight stacks up.

#4 Seiez

Seiez
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 0/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 1894
  • 5v5: 958
  • RBG: 1590

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

Sure, the point being of my post: try to minimalize incoming damage as much as possible for long periods of time and then catch them by a huge burst when they dont have trinket and you are red.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<