From the start of the Olympics (Today) to the end of the Olympics (August 24th) we will have a 2v2 and 3v3 Arena Competition. Teams will be competing for 5 Wrath of the Lich King Beta Keys and 20 WWI Paris 2008 Cards. Yes - These are the extremely rare and coveted cards that award Tyrael's Hilt which summons a mini Tyrael pet along with a WoTLK beta key.
Now that we have your attention. Here is how you can compete. Teams wanting to participate will form a new 2v2 or 3v3 team with a team name including the phrase "AJOlympics". Your team will then compete for the duration of the Bejing Olympics - August 9 - August 24.
All teams that completed the competition with a rating of 2,000+ will be entered into a raffle. The number of times your team is entered into the raffle will depend on your team's rating:
- 2000-2049 - 1 Entry
- 2050-2099 - 3 Entries
- 2100-2149 - 5 Entries
- 2150-2199 - 10 Entries
- 2200+ - 25 Entries
Winning teams will then be drawn at random. Five 2v2 teams and Five 3v3 teams will be drawn as winners. Each member of the first 4 teams drawn from each bracket will receive a WWI 2008 Card. The members of remaining winning 2v2 and 3v3 teams will win a WoTLK Beta Key.
Competition starts now! So get going and have fun. Also - Be sure to thoroughly read the full competition rules below.
- Teams must compete on a United States (US) or European (EU) Server.
- Your team name MUST contain the exact text 'AJOlympics' somewhere in it. Examples: 'AJOlympics', 'AJOlympics21', 'abcAJOlympics', or 'abcAJOlympics21'
- To be eligible to win you must have competed in at least 70% of the games played, or be within 100 PR. (Exceptions may be made if deemed necessary by the judges, but at least one member must meet the requirements or the team will be thrown out under the assumption it has been purchased.)
- Teams may only compete in the 2v2 or 3v3 bracket.
- Submission for teams will be automatic. Once your AJOlympics team breaks a rating of 2000 it will automatically be entered into the competition. We will have an Olympics page listing the teams currently in the competition and their statistics. *NOTE* If your team has broken a 2k rating and it has not appeared on the Olympics page within 24 hours, please post in this thread with your Armory link to be safe! Teams' ratings will be locked in at 12:00 Midnight EST, August 24th, 2008. More info will follow regarding the Olympics Page.
- Curse, Inc. employees and network affiliates are not eligible for entry.