Arena Junkies Olympic Games Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

#1 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

We are very excited to announce that in the spirit of the Summer Olympics we will be hosting a competition of our very own.

Awards:
From the start of the Olympics (Today) to the end of the Olympics (August 24th) we will have a 2v2 and 3v3 Arena Competition. Teams will be competing for 5 Wrath of the Lich King Beta Keys and 20 WWI Paris 2008 Cards. Yes - These are the extremely rare and coveted cards that award Tyrael's Hilt which summons a mini Tyrael pet along with a WoTLK beta key.

Competition Format:
Now that we have your attention. Here is how you can compete. Teams wanting to participate will form a new 2v2 or 3v3 team with a team name including the phrase "AJOlympics". Your team will then compete for the duration of the Bejing Olympics - August 9 - August 24.

All teams that completed the competition with a rating of 2,000+ will be entered into a raffle. The number of times your team is entered into the raffle will depend on your team's rating:

• 2000-2049 - 1 Entry
  • 2050-2099 - 3 Entries
  • 2100-2149 - 5 Entries
  • 2150-2199 - 10 Entries
  • 2200+ - 25 Entries

Winning teams will then be drawn at random. Five 2v2 teams and Five 3v3 teams will be drawn as winners. Each member of the first 4 teams drawn from each bracket will receive a WWI 2008 Card. The members of remaining winning 2v2 and 3v3 teams will win a WoTLK Beta Key.

Competition starts now! So get going and have fun. Also - Be sure to thoroughly read the full competition rules below.

Official Rules:
  • Teams must compete on a United States (US) or European (EU) Server.
  • Your team name MUST contain the exact text 'AJOlympics' somewhere in it. Examples: 'AJOlympics', 'AJOlympics21', 'abcAJOlympics', or 'abcAJOlympics21'
  • To be eligible to win you must have competed in at least 70% of the games played, or be within 100 PR. (Exceptions may be made if deemed necessary by the judges, but at least one member must meet the requirements or the team will be thrown out under the assumption it has been purchased.)
  • Teams may only compete in the 2v2 or 3v3 bracket.
  • Submission for teams will be automatic. Once your AJOlympics team breaks a rating of 2000 it will automatically be entered into the competition. We will have an Olympics page listing the teams currently in the competition and their statistics. *NOTE* If your team has broken a 2k rating and it has not appeared on the Olympics page within 24 hours, please post in this thread with your Armory link to be safe! Teams' ratings will be locked in at 12:00 Midnight EST, August 24th, 2008. More info will follow regarding the Olympics Page.
  • Curse, Inc. employees and network affiliates are not eligible for entry.

#2 bryte

bryte
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

Awesome, now I have a reason to play arenas again.

#3 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

wow, kuddos to who thought of this one :D

Very nice!

#4 Modulus

Modulus
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:16 PM

Rapture said:

[*]To be eligible to win you must have competed in 100% of the games played.

This should be made into something such as 95 or 97%.  We all know that random dc's can happen, and sometimes the team is credited with a loss, but not the player (had this happen to me once).  Don't want to screw over someone that specifically made a team for this...

#5 amerge

amerge
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

cool idea :)

#6 Wheaties

Wheaties
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

incoming crying from teams stuck under 2k having to face teams re-leveling en mass LOL

#7 Lagoon

Lagoon
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:38 PM

LoL thats true

#8 Disparity

Disparity
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:44 PM

sweet im in

#9 Wizzybeats

Wizzybeats
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2396
  • LocationPA

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:53 PM

awesome! to bad i have no partners >.<

#10 Greentea

Greentea
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Earthen Ring
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

Modulus said:

This should be made into something such as 95 or 97%.  We all know that random dc's can happen, and sometimes the team is credited with a loss, but not the player (had this happen to me once).  Don't want to screw over someone that specifically made a team for this...

he's got a point

fun idea, though

#11 cythra

cythra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ahn'Qiraj
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:56 PM

wait what? is it a raffle to decide who plays in a tournament or just a raffle for prizes?

#12 Tolin

Tolin

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

cythra said:

wait what? is it a raffle to decide who plays in a tournament or just a raffle for prizes?

raffle for prizes

#13 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

cythra said:

Raffle for the prizes. You enter the Raffle by competing in 2v2 and 3v3 using the AJOlympics team name.

#14 Fierss

Fierss
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:04 AM

If we do it on multiple chars, or in 2s and 3s on one char, do those count, or 1 per person?

#15 Roacraven

Roacraven

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:08 AM

How will we be contacted with the results of the raffle? Will it via email or in-game? If it's through email how will you get a hold of some of the emails? I've got my old old email on this account that I never use, so I'm just curious.

GL to those who participate. :)

#16 Disparity

Disparity
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:10 AM

Roacraven said:

How will we be contacted with the results of the raffle? Will it via email or in-game? If it's through email how will you get a hold of some of the emails? I've got my old old email on this account that I never use, so I'm just curious.

GL to those who participate. :)

probably pm and email..

and you probably should update your emails.

#17 essko

essko
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:14 AM

3 more days and I can start to have fun with this :)
Eskko

#18 Rhoz

Rhoz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:16 AM

banned for encouraging arena competition.

#19 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:18 AM

Modulus said:

Changed to 90% for that very reason. Good catch.

As for contacting people, we will attempt to contact through AJ, but if necessary or to prevent fraud, we can contact people in game. Hopefully, it shouldn't be a problem to get people their prizes :)

#20 Spheniscus

Spheniscus
  • Kewpaxoxo
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:41 AM

Team Aint Got No Nerd AJOlympics inc
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users