Assassination PVP Damage problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Safe

Safe
  • Members

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:14 PM

Hey all,

I've been pvping for a very long time, so I'm definitely in tune with how things work in Arena.

I geared up rogue as assassination spec and I've always been the best at this spec. I'm fully geared, 730 ilvl. Just recently, I've been going into arena and my damage is just so low. It's noticeable. My burst is lame unless they're undergeared. My sustained is also lame such that if I'm not pooling energy, I feel super energy-starved. I keep rupture up 100% on my target for energy flow, and even on off targets if I have the chance. I just feel like I have lackluster burst, and crappy energy.

Have talent priorities changed recently? I just feel like I'm doing something wrong. I feel like I was doing more damage before I even got fully geared. Any current assassination rogues doing well with different strats? Any advice would help!

Thanks!

#2 Piglips

Piglips
  • Junkies

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

I play assassination too in arenas, I'm only 1900cr(2400+xp), but just started again, and still gearing out. Idk, i feel alot better playing assassination vs sub, only b/c I feel like 80% of the time, i'll get cc'ed, or they just line Def/cds vs my dance. Assassination is pretty straightforward, and i notice the dmg when training. if you can get good uptime.

#3 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

I'm pretty sure the only difference would be that people are using internal bleeding now over prey on the weak, but I think most people are playing assassination with DK's or something and prey is still better in an rmx setup.

You're just applying rupture to things and pooling energy for kidney shots. I'm not really sure how your damage is noticeably bad unless you're geared for haste or something? Tough to provide feedback with you not giving many specifics, link an armory or something to see if your talents/glyphs/gear is correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<