Photo

Party Ability Bars WoD (+ new features!)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2727
  • 5v5: 1651
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:23 AM

Yo guys! Finally released my update of Kollektiv's awesome addon Party Ability Bars. It also includes plenty of new features which are described in some posts in this topic.

Here's the link: http://www.curse.com...bility-bars-wod

Edited by chobi0ne, 29 November 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#2 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:19 AM

Meh, I searched for alternative and didn't find anything decent enough... As result I got bored and I decided to update Kollektiv's PAB, lol.
It's not finished yet (I want to add few more features to it first), but here's what's done so far:
  • Updated it and made it to work by fixing few LUA errors.
  • Added friendly PvP trinkets cooldown tracking.
  • Fixed default spell lists for WoD + added few other spells of my preference (mainly interrupts, some important CC).
  • Added "Grow to left" feature, so buffs can grow to the left side or right side, depending on user preference.
  • Fixed functionality for resetting abilities like Cold Snap or Preparation. If your teammate is using prep or snap - it will reset the cooldowns properly. This feature was added by Kollektiv, but it was broken for some reason now.
  • Added "Spell ID" field in Ability Editor, so you can specify which spell you want to add. It's needed for those cases when PAB uses wrong spell icon. You can enter the correct spell ID yourself so PAB will look for correct spell icon. Might require reloading your UI with /reload sometimes.
  • Added the possibility to display cooldowns for yourself (mainly for testing purposes, it's easy to disable).
  • Made sure the bug with saving settings is fixed.
  • Fixed /pab command, now it will properly open the settings.
That's how it's looking so far:

Posted Image

And settings:

Posted Image

And what's planned to do before I release it:
  • Test the communication between PAB users (if you and your mates are using PAB it supposed to exchange cooldowns for more accurate info).
  • Fix grouped cooldowns (they are broken for now because of some changes I did). Might be especially useful now with PvP trinket and other CC breakers which are sharing cd with trinket.
  • Properly handle spec-unique spells so it won't show Skull Bash cooldown for resto druids and won't show Barkskin for ferals.
  • Properly handle spells with charges like Survival Instincts and display cooldown + charges accordingly.

#3 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:28 AM

Progress so far:

Posted Image

New stuffs:
  • Trinket works properly with human racial + pvp trinket. Displays horde icon if you're horde faction.
  • Added support for spells with charges (Ice Nova in the GIF above), but there might be bugs, needs further testing. It's super useful to track for example if your feral can shieldwall or not.

#4 fearco

fearco
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1730
  • RBG: 1733
  • LocationHungary

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

Would love to have this..
Currently using an outdated gladius ex for this...but...

#5 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

I took a slight break from it after working for a couple of days straight on it, but most of the stuff is working and it passed the testing in few arena sessions.
What's left to be added so far (and some things I'm still considering):
  • Shared/grouped cooldowns for wotf/stoneform and trinket. I'm thinking about not including wotf and stoneform themselves as displayed CD, but internally it will track it to trigger trinket CD (30 sec if I'm not wrong).
  • Someone suggested Masque support and I'm considering about adding it.
  • Maybe add tooltips (with a way to disable it in the settings) for spells, which might help some people to learn their partner's classes a bit.
  • Maybe track if friendly party member is interrupted and display the interrupt duration on those abilities.
  • Maybe add some advanced conditions when the cooldowns are being reset, like if feral kicks somebody with skull bash - it will reset his tiger's fury, but idk if it's worth.
What's done so far:
  • "Grow Left" feature, which allows the abilities to grow to the left side instead of default right. Useful if you want to place it on the left side from party frames.
  • "Show PvP Trinket" feature, which enables the tracking of trinket cooldowns for your teammates.
  • "Show Self" feature, which enables the tracking of your own cooldowns (anchor #5, since anchors #1-4 are your party members).
  • Added "Spec" parameter in ability editor. It allows you to add specialization specific spells which will be displayed only if your teammate have that specialization. It means that addon now is inspecting your teammates (not spamming it though).
  • Added "Spell ID" parameter in ability editor. It allows you to add spell's ID for better icon recognition. Sometimes it fails to find the right spell icon because there are way too many spells in WoW and some are with same name, but different icons (spells from mobs, bosses, etc). With this you can enter the correct spell ID so it will always display the right icon. It doesn't affect the spell detection though, it's still done by the ability name and works fine, even if the icon is wrong.
  • Added "Max Charges" parameter in ability editor. It allows you to add spells with charges, like Ice Nova (frost mage) or Survival Instincts (feral druid). If you set the amount of charges the spell will be considered as rechargeable and the addon will disable the sync functionality with other addon users. Instead it will track it relying on your provided cooldown data and track charges locally, by tracking the spell usage. I tried to recreate it to make it look similar to how it's done on your own action bars, so it will display the amount of charges in right bottom corner, display the recharging time and so on (you can see how it looks in the GIF from my previous post).
  • Also now it will display the spells in the order they were added. Except trinket. Trinket always comes first. This way you can organize the order of the spells. Also I made it work with "Hidden" feature, which makes abilities to be shown only when they are actually on cooldown and it works just fine now.
Sorry for teasing, just wanted to share some work which was done. I'll release it probably this week or maybe next week max.

#6 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

Added new feature to attach these cooldown frames to compact blizzard raid frames, like this:

Posted Image

It will always correctly attach it to blizz raid frames, even if player frame is not always 1st.
You can also modify the X and Y offset in settings:

Posted Image

#7 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

Yo guys! Finally released my update of Kollektiv's awesome addon Party Ability Bars. It also includes plenty of new features which are described in some posts in this topic.

Here's the link: http://www.curse.com...bility-bars-wod

#8 Skizzlol

Skizzlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:07 PM

anyone have an addon similar to this for legion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<