• Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/1/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2358
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

Hey guys, i will be taking the format used in Vanguards ret pala PvP guide so all credit to him for the structure!
Holy Paladin PvP Guide

PvP Talents

Level 15 tier - This is the mobility tier for all Paladin specs, for holy you will always be running Pursuit of Justice or Speed of Light,
Pursuit of justice is a nice constant speed increase which is useful against mage comps due to meaning you have a constant speed increase which is easily used to dodge poly's and hiding behind pillars.

Speed of light is mainly used for me atleast in against melee that will likely train me, with a hand of freedom this is a very very effective way to get far away from melee and get some much needed heals out on yourself, speed of light can also be used if you are playing WW DK or Jungle cleave as a way to quickly leave your pillar and get a HOJ out before retreating back to the pillar, for shatter Hpalas i don't suggest this talent often as the passive speed increase is usually much better as you will have cross CC when you go for HOJs anyway.

Level 30 tier - This is a CC tier for Paladins, as holy it is extremely rare you will be anything other than HOJ, a instant, 30 second CD 20 yard range stun just works extremely well for the spec as leaving pillars and pushing up for casted CC isn't optimal for holy paladins as you are likely to be CCd or swapped to if you try do this.

Level 45 tier - Here you will 99.9% of the time be running sacred shield, it offers a lot more overall healing output then the selfless healer talent however you may wish to play around with selfless healer as it a more fun playstyle however is never optimal.

Level 60 tier - Here you have 3 options, 2 charges on all your Hand abilities, Hand of purity which is a huge damage decrease vs DOT specs and is usable in CC and unbreakable spirit which halves the CD on your wall and divine shield.

This is probably the most interesting talent tier for holy paladins as all three are viable in different situations, i personally run double BOP/Sac against RMDs and attempt to pro BOP/Sac the deep freeze set up giving your team more time to survive, you may also wish to run this vs turbo as it can act as a last second stop for execute and break storm bolts + fears on yourself, i also like this talent vs any team that will likely train me that uses physical stuns as it will act as having 4 different trinkets + only DK can kick you through BOP so acts as a small aura mastery too.

Hand of purity can be used vs lock teams if you wish and also can be played against survival hunter + feral jungle comps as all of survival damage outside of pet attacks and auto attacks is DOT damage and will also reduce the damage taken from feral bleeds, i do not suggest running this talent however if the healer is a shaman or a priest as they will likely just purge it off fairly quickly, optimal playstyle for this is to purity haunts or purity when the hunter lands a trap on you.

Unbreakable spirit for me at least tends to be run vs all mage comps which include a 2nd caster, aka god comp/MLS, can also be good against some things when they train you for the 30 second wall which is totally down to preference.

Lvl 75 tier - Sanctified wrath is always best here, the reduced CD on holy shock and increased duration is second to none, never shift out this talent.

Lvl 90 tier - In MoP holy prism was ran often but now execution sentence is straight up best, the HOT is really really strong and gives a big burst heal to a spec which has none outside of execution sentence.

Holy prism can be played with vs lock teams but in my opinion is not optimal.

Lvl 100 tier - Saved by the light is 100% against most things however double beacon can have a good role too if played right.

To play with double beacon vs warlock teams you will want to avoid being DOT'd at all costs, reason being that without that shield proc you are far more vulnerable to swaps, double beacon can be good as a shatter paladin as you can sit behind pillars and have your mage peel you if a melee comes round to hit you, can also swap to them if they are stupid enough to LOS there healer for long enough.

Edited by Wixzy, 14 October 2015 - 04:59 PM.

Twitch.tv/wixzylol - Hpal 3s

#2 Wixzy

Wixzy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

Glyphs
Double dispel against any mage team is a must for creating maximum uptime for your team.

Divine protection glyph against melee heavy comps and FLS incase of swaps from the melee.

Denounce 100% all the time.

Merciful wrath 80% of the time, only time you might want to swap this out is against insanely heavy bursty teams like WW DK or feral comps that require that additional healing output.

Flash of light glyph can be taken against warlock comps, you may also run Sac glyph vs lock comps too as a 20% damage reduction however the opposition shaman usually will purge this making it fairly useless, Sac is also nice to have a quick break for a fear if the lock has not got DOTs on you so i personally don't like this glyph.

Gems / Enchants / Stats
Enchant vers for rings, cloak and neck and mark of warsong should be used for the weapon enchant unless you lack spirit for some reason where mark of shadowmoon may be used for extra spirit regen however Warsong is optimal.

Stat priortiy for holy paladins is kinda dodgy and requires some detail-

The best pieces for holy paladins are pieces with haste + a buffer to healing (Mastery or vers), if you have a piece that is haste + crit and there is a vers + mastery piece available you should buy the mastery + vers piece for more healing output overall.

You can always look at my gear which is BIS for holy paladins by viewing my armory if you are struggling on picking a piece to buy.

Viable Holy Comps
Shatter - Mage, Spriest and holy paladin
Jungle - Feral - hunter and holy paladin
Grimbl cleave - WW DK and holy paladin

These are the main 3 comps for holy paladins currently, shatter is probably the easiest and most viable of the three whereas Jungle and WW DK require you to think a lot more and be good at duking + have good positioning, i suggest running shatter or jungle at lower ratings as WW DK requires the most co-ordination in terms of defensives and set ups (Shatter is usually the same thing each time and can be done at almost any time due to cross CC)..

What rotation do you use in PvP?
It varies honestly, when you can you want to get out a denounce before you holy shock for the extra crit chance however don't do this if your team is low or you will probably die, with infusion procs i like to use them on the 40% buff to flash of light however with wings up i sometimes will use them on holy light fast casts as a quick heal if my team is low.

General Arena Tips
For holy paladins positioning, duking and pushing up at the right times for HOJ is key, you should be spending 99% of the game next to pillars in order to avoid being CCd or swapped to, the ideal time to push up for CC is with a sac on a team mate, when you have bubble/trinket up or when the other team has used up DRs on you already / is cross CCd so they can't swap you.

Against RMD it is really nice to pre sac/BOP the deep freeze, you can do this easiest by hanging round the edge of a pillar on other side of the mage so you can clearly see when he blazing speeds in to land the deep, using a BOP or Sac at the right time could result in saving other CDs so this is a really nice play to make.

Holy Paladin streams
I will only post mine for now, i honestly can't remember all the Holy paladin streams on twitch and would be unfair to leave some out. I stream whenever i have games and am more then happy to answer any questions you might have so drop a follow!

Twitch.tv/Wixzylol

I hope you learned something here and if not i hope you feel more confident in the stuff you already knew! I am obviously not the best Holy Paladin in the game however i do have a solid understanding of the spec and am sure some people could learn something from this guide.

Thank you for reading, good luck in arena!

#3 Guiltyas

Guiltyas
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/1/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 860
  • 3v3: 1623
  • RBG: 1760

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

Didn't you get banned for botting?

#4 Wixzy

Wixzy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:57 AM

Holy shit every thread i make asks this question

Yes i got banned for botting alts for leveling, deal with it honestly who the fuck cares

#5 Juther

Juther
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1582
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1550

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:37 AM

Thank you for share your point of view, man!

Could you share some info about your keybindings and macro, too?

#6 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/0

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

Recently came back to the game aswell. Feels like i die faster than s5 priest and do negative healing without full gear :). On your opinion, whats the best 2s partner for hpala, since need to farm 23k conq points, and is shatter hard comp to start off with?
“It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.”

#7 drugdealerx

drugdealerx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1911
  • 3v3: 2243
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

four times

during one season

#8 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1666
  • 3v3: 1893
  • 5v5: 1940
  • RBG: 960

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

Recently came back to the game aswell. Feels like i die faster than s5 priest and do negative healing without full gear :). On your opinion, whats the best 2s partner for hpala, since need to farm 23k conq points, and is shatter hard comp to start off with?

Find feral and see miracles happen.
Shatter is best h pal comp but trying to find competitive players this late in the season in lowest participation season will give you deceases.

Edited by a1entity, 15 October 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#9 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/0

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

Find feral and see miracles happen.
Shatter is best h pal comp but trying to find competitive players this late in the season in lowest participation season will give you deceases.

Cheers :)
“It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.”

#10 Tealccnutz

Tealccnutz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/2/.

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

looks great, finally leveling up. skipped all of WoD cause I heard it was shit. Hoping for big things outta legion

#11 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

does this guide teach me how to fly?
best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users