TEACH ME THE WAYS of DRUID SENPAI!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rwave

rwave
  • Members

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

Hello, guys.

I'm new in arenas and PVP stuff, but I'ma fast learner and already saw a lot of videos.
I need to improve my survivability. So I hope you guys can give me some tips to make me stand in arenas.

Since a feral druid, I only see a few defensive CDs like Survival Instinct and Nature's Vigil. Some scapes like Typhoon, stuns but I dont know how to improve with that.
I'm ivl700 and sometimes I dont last more than 5 secs.

What can I do when someone pops them CDs on me? Someone can help? Some tips?

Thx anyway!
Cya!

#2 EverRog

EverRog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1569
  • 3v3: 2152
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1547

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

Hi!

I am not feral but i can tell you some general tips.

First of all, i want to apologize for my english.

If you really want to learn how to pvp, you MUST learn how all clases and specs burst. You can ask to a friend or even see any pvp/pve video about each classes to know all their CDs, offensives and defensives.

Once you know all these CDs you can get an addon which supports you to see when they pops their CDs (Gladius, platebuff, gladiatorlosSA, any of them).

Now you can understand how all classes works and when you play many arenas you can estimate how dangerous is each CD and how to react, im talking about experience. You are a feral, so you can pops def CDs or just run and wait until they were over.

As i said, you are a feral, so you have got a perma freedom, you can have a macro like this:

#showtooltip Cat form buf name here
/cancelaura Cat form buf name here
/cast Cat for buf name here

You can spam this macro to have a perma freedom, if you combine it with sprint you are just unreachable.

It is really important to think what is gonna happen before to use trinket on any CC, if you really need to trinketed or you gonna lose/win if you dont.

This is the first step i think, the next one is your experience and see everyday streamings/videos of your class or even other class that you think you need to understand more about.

#3 rwave

rwave
  • Members

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

Hi!

I am not feral but i can tell you some general tips.

First of all, i want to apologize for my english.

If you really want to learn how to pvp, you MUST learn how all clases and specs burst. You can ask to a friend or even see any pvp/pve video about each classes to know all their CDs, offensives and defensives.

Once you know all these CDs you can get an addon which supports you to see when they pops their CDs (Gladius, platebuff, gladiatorlosSA, any of them).

Now you can understand how all classes works and when you play many arenas you can estimate how dangerous is each CD and how to react, im talking about experience. You are a feral, so you can pops def CDs or just run and wait until they were over.

As i said, you are a feral, so you have got a perma freedom, you can have a macro like this:

#showtooltip Cat form buf name here
/cancelaura Cat form buf name here
/cast Cat for buf name here

You can spam this macro to have a perma freedom, if you combine it with sprint you are just unreachable.

It is really important to think what is gonna happen before to use trinket on any CC, if you really need to trinketed or you gonna lose/win if you dont.

This is the first step i think, the next one is your experience and see everyday streamings/videos of your class or even other class that you think you need to understand more about.

Thx for the answer. Any tips are welcome.
I'm already doing this process to learn all the other classes CDs, but it's too many, lol.

Btw, i dont get it what u said about the macro. Can u pls explain?

About the addons, I already use them. Thx

#4 Uncleelroy

Uncleelroy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/./.
  • LocationOutside

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:59 AM

Thx for the answer. Any tips are welcome.
I'm already doing this process to learn all the other classes CDs, but it's too many, lol.

Btw, i dont get it what u said about the macro. Can u pls explain?

About the addons, I already use them. Thx

I suppose he means a macro like this:
#showtooltip
/cancelform Cat Form
/cast Cat Form

It lets you switch out of roots, snares and slows, putting you instantly back in cat form.

Sniz probably got it right, haven't played for a while :)

Edited by Uncleelroy, 08 October 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#5 Sniz

Sniz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1803
  • RBG: 1656

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:05 AM

The macro is actually:

#showtooltip
/cast !cat form

It will remove roots without ever leaving the form therefore no chance of being caught out of form, I think it's a good idea to make one for travel and bear form aswell. Then have separate cancel form macro if you ever need to exit form.

#6 Celinedijon

Celinedijon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1316
  • 3v3: 2623
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:17 AM

What are you playing? Double dps? With healer? 3s?
How you should play depends on what you are playing and who you are facing.

Edited by Celinedijon, 08 October 2015 - 07:18 AM.

#7 Sighclone

Sighclone
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2276
  • 3v3: 2203
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1764

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

I'm ivl700 and sometimes I dont last more than 5 secs.

What can I do when someone pops them CDs on me? Someone can help? Some tips?

I'm going to assume you're playing 2s so i'll start with tips against each class and anything you can do to survive against them.

Against healer dps:

You are basically immortal to any class that cannot infinitely follow you (warrior, frost dk, step rogues ect) just spam !catform and LoS/heal
Be warned that if you're forced to kite too much that eventually:
Burst of speed rogues will fuck you up.
Other Ferals will fuck you up
Survival hunter's will fuck you up
BM hunter's PET will fuck you up.
Unholy dk pets will fuck you up. (kicking garg for energy > procs helps)

The way to fix this is to start playing more offensively to force them to play less offensively (if that makes sense)

It should also be noted that Feral druids are VERY vulnerable in stuns, so if you're playing against...let's say sub rogue/moonkin; you get blinded and want to trinket for some reason, IMMEDIATELY WALL, i'm serious here. even if you're certain your ally is the main target, even if he's at 40% hp, you want to shield wall EVERY TIME. Rogue WILL dance you while his friend obliterates you.

To summarize, if you're dying too fast against double dps, be as scary as possible with your big cd's because alot of your healing comes from dealing damage. And wall often, it's going to be a short match, no point saving them (don't insta wall on opener obviously, just when you're sure they're sticking you, or if you trink a non stun CC and they might swap)

If you're losing against healer dps (I'll assume you're playing something viable like feral hunter). Kite when nothing is happening (no cd's or pressure going) and never take damage when their healer isn't cc'd, let your hunter create the pressure while you kite. If you're against someone unkitable, play as offensively as you can.

Edited by Sighclone, 08 October 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#8 rwave

rwave
  • Members

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

The macro is actually:

#showtooltip
/cast !cat form

It will remove roots without ever leaving the form therefore no chance of being caught out of form, I think it's a good idea to make one for travel and bear form aswell. Then have separate cancel form macro if you ever need to exit form.

Thx, now i got it!

I'm going to assume you're playing 2s so i'll start with tips against each class and anything you can do to survive against them.

Against healer dps:

You are basically immortal to any class that cannot infinitely follow you (warrior, frost dk, step rogues ect) just spam !catform and LoS/heal
Be warned that if you're forced to kite too much that eventually:
Burst of speed rogues will fuck you up.
Other Ferals will fuck you up
Survival hunter's will fuck you up
BM hunter's PET will fuck you up.
Unholy dk pets will fuck you up. (kicking garg for energy > procs helps)

The way to fix this is to start playing more offensively to force them to play less offensively (if that makes sense)

It should also be noted that Feral druids are VERY vulnerable in stuns, so if you're playing against...let's say sub rogue/moonkin; you get blinded and want to trinket for some reason, IMMEDIATELY WALL, i'm serious here. even if you're certain your ally is the main target, even if he's at 40% hp, you want to shield wall EVERY TIME. Rogue WILL dance you while his friend obliterates you.

To summarize, if you're dying too fast against double dps, be as scary as possible with your big cd's because alot of your healing comes from dealing damage. And wall often, it's going to be a short match, no point saving them (don't insta wall on opener obviously, just when you're sure they're sticking you, or if you trink a non stun CC and they might swap)

If you're losing against healer dps (I'll assume you're playing something viable like feral hunter). Kite when nothing is happening (no cd's or pressure going) and never take damage when their healer isn't cc'd, let your hunter create the pressure while you kite. If you're against someone unkitable, play as offensively as you can.

Thx, that was very usefull!

Making me think about some points that i havent before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<