• Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Havoc 0/2/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 192
  • RBG: 574

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

Where is the DK skill cap?
I ask it seriously.
I don't find anything apart hit hard and grip something.

#2 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:33 PM

Blizzard completly broke the DK class for years since the end of Wotlk. They lost all the special spells which make them interesting and atttractive in arena. Unholy frenzy, AMZ, ghoul explosion, desecration, necrotic strike for example, even the double grip for MoP, while other classes gains lots of cool spells and abilities.
Unholy is still more difficult (in my opinion) to play than frost, but compared to frost, and the other melees, you can only feel "meh".
Now, DK are just a huge damage bot, with a retarded self-healing, and a pityful mobility which even a crippled guy can laugh at.

You can still do good thing as a dk, you can clearly tell the differences between 2 dks (Compared to mage who are more scripted), but it's not as fabulous as before.

Poor DKs :(

Edited by Jim_Jim, 03 October 2015 - 12:38 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Larios

Larios
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

Blizzard completly broke the DK class for years since the end of Wotlk. They lost all the special spells which make them interesting and atttractive in arena. Unholy frenzy, AMZ, ghoul explosion, desecration, necrotic strike for example, even the double grip for MoP, while other classes gains lots of cool spells and abilities.
Unholy is still more difficult (in my opinion) to play than frost, but compared to frost, and the other melees, you can only feel "meh".
Now, DK are just a huge damage bot, with a retarded self-healing, and a pityful mobility which even a crippled guy can laugh at.

You can still do good thing as a dk, you can clearly tell the differences between 2 dks (Compared to mage who are more scripted), but it's not as fabulous as before.

Poor DKs :(

Hi Mr Jimjim, I'm glad to speak with you.

I play WW since MoP and i have tested DK cause actually monks are so strange for me, and I feel that DK is so... simple.

The only I could do is hit, hit, grip, hit, hit, dispel somthing with icy touch and pop correctly the Dark Simulacrum to copy some CC.

I think also the guilty of that feeling is the frost spec.

#4 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

The only thing you have to think about is gripping and using dark sim correctly. Aside from that we are just dmg bots as Jimjim has said.
Posted Image

#5 Jinngo

Jinngo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 1235
  • 3v3: 2434
  • RBG: 576

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

It is like warrior with dark sim & a more complex stance + resource system.

#6 Larios

Larios
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

The only thing you have to think about is gripping and using dark sim correctly. Aside from that we are just dmg bots as Jimjim has said.

Hola Yevon!
El problema es ese, que al ver que no tengo nada que hacer parte de pegar, me encuentro como su fuera restrasado y me frusto mucho.
En cambio el Monk tiene una movilidad muy buena, tp, root, dos stuns, un sap, no se, me veo que puedo hacer más cosas y es mas squizzy y tiene menos daño, y por eso me tira para atrás y decidí subirme el DK.

It is like warrior with dark sim & a more complex stance + resource system.

Ye, I see it, but I mean that you can do "acrobatic" things like a Rogue, mage...

#7 Azuremars

Azuremars
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1641

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

As mentioned Dark Sim, timely mind freezes etc.

It is most likely ( and I say likely because it's hard to be 100% objective) the easiest class in the game. There is very little that can go wrong with DKs (e.g. missing traps, getting locked on casts) and requires little micro management and coordination because DKs have very few CC options available.

This is not to say DKs are great, just that their options are quite limited and straightforward.

#8 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hola Yevon!
El problema es ese, que al ver que no tengo nada que hacer parte de pegar, me encuentro como su fuera restrasado y me frusto mucho.
En cambio el Monk tiene una movilidad muy buena, tp, root, dos stuns, un sap, no se, me veo que puedo hacer más cosas y es mas squizzy y tiene menos daño, y por eso me tira para atrás y decidí subirme el DK.

Actually I'd say ww hit as hard as dk (I also have a ww) and if I had to choose I'd play my monk: it's skillcap is a bit higher due to our sap management and having more important things to do than dks. If you really like ww then stick with it. Apart from that yeah dk is pretty much like that, being aware of using dark sim to get any important cc or ability depending on the curse of the match whilst you're spamming dmg like a truck :D
Posted Image

#9 Cenobite

Cenobite
  • Members

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:35 PM

The "easiest class", yet like only 1 maybe 2 dks in the top 100 of 3s ladder?, id say where's the skill cap of Rogue(100-130k evenoms/eviscerates), where's the skill cap of shaman(godselfhealing,retarded stormstrike dmg yay x2 buttons), where's the skillcap of mage?(god mobility, spammable cc,100k ice novas and they're instant.ranged class), where's the skill cap of druid?(they have bllink, spammable instant healing withouth the worry to cast, spammable cc,tank like a blood dk), where's the skill cap of warrior? (god utility, 150k-160k mortal strikes), where's the skill cap of warlock? (godly tank cooldowns, spammable cc, free mechanics to setup full dots on a target biggest joke). Back in WOTLK i used to have respect for those who played mage, rogue, druid, warrior and even paladin, after cata i lost respect for any class claiming to have "high skill cap".for instance Rogue,war, dk were rather weak compared to other specs but at least you could outplay people when making the effort and played right. The shit we have today is even if you have played like a boss with your ret paladin, unholy dk/frost dk, disc/holy priest, elemental shaman, you will get outplayed by backpedaller noobs playing fotm, no matter how hard you try playing and proving you have acquire knowledge over the years by playing thousands of hrs your unholy dk, in the end what wins are polymorph x2 100k novas each, crows+barrage, charge+mortal strike+execute, 130ks evicerates/envenoms, 100ks stormstrikes, and the list goes on.

#10 hippocongruency

hippocongruency
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2606
  • 3v3: 2652
  • RBG: 576

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:04 PM

Using ladder rankings as an argument against "DK takes no skill" is just wrong. They're not necessarily much better than other DKs but often do play more and generally have better partners and sometimes it really depends on the q's you get. That being said there is a difference between all the best DKs, however the few comps we can play are all stupidly easy and there's not all that much for a DK to do in those to seperate you from the others. If you spam more damage than the other DK that's good at simming, you might still end up performing the same.

#11 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

Not difficult to play, significantly more difficult to win as.
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#12 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

The "easiest class", yet like only 1 maybe 2 dks in the top 100 of 3s ladder?, id say where's the skill cap of Rogue(100-130k evenoms/eviscerates), where's the skill cap of shaman(godselfhealing,retarded stormstrike dmg yay x2 buttons), where's the skillcap of mage?(god mobility, spammable cc,100k ice novas and they're instant.ranged class), where's the skill cap of druid?(they have bllink, spammable instant healing withouth the worry to cast, spammable cc,tank like a blood dk), where's the skill cap of warrior? (god utility, 150k-160k mortal strikes), where's the skill cap of warlock? (godly tank cooldowns, spammable cc, free mechanics to setup full dots on a target biggest joke). Back in WOTLK i used to have respect for those who played mage, rogue, druid, warrior and even paladin, after cata i lost respect for any class claiming to have "high skill cap".for instance Rogue,war, dk were rather weak compared to other specs but at least you could outplay people when making the effort and played right. The shit we have today is even if you have played like a boss with your ret paladin, unholy dk/frost dk, disc/holy priest, elemental shaman, you will get outplayed by backpedaller noobs playing fotm, no matter how hard you try playing and proving you have acquire knowledge over the years by playing thousands of hrs your unholy dk, in the end what wins are polymorph x2 100k novas each, crows+barrage, charge+mortal strike+execute, 130ks evicerates/envenoms, 100ks stormstrikes, and the list goes on.

Easy =/= Effective.

#13 Seraphuslol

Seraphuslol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1903
  • 3v3: 2012
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1975

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:34 AM

It's true. DK just isn't as effective anymore,nor is it as fun as it used to be. I've been trying to get into playing it again, but the playstyle is just so boring to me nowadays.

The DK "Skill Cap" is pretty much defined by how well you use dark simulacrum and death grip.

Edited by Seraphuslol, 04 October 2015 - 01:36 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<