Photo

Bloodbath VS Avatar for burst

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mewee

Mewee
  • Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:11 AM

To me, bloodbath seems like a way stronger burst cooldown, giving 30% increased damage for 12 seconds, with slightly delayed delivery on the tail-end (18s for full effect).
But considering most of the benefit will be frontloaded in the the colossus+reck window (6s burst rolling into 6s dot), you end up with 12 seconds of huge burst. Also only a short 1 min cd (lower with AM), and the persistent slow is pretty nice to stick on druids, monks, hunters, rogues with.

Avatar is only 20% damage, and is stretched over a pretty long 20 second period. The cooldown is longer and you also give up the slow. The rootbreak is okay but usually I find myself using it to burst on demand and not when not rooted anyway.

What are your thoughts on this? Why use avatar?

#2 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:00 AM

I have never took bloodbath. Is that better for burst?
I feel Avatar is so strong that I can burst a whole healthbar down in around 10 seconds window which created by KFC.
I don't know if the amount of damage created by bloodbath is bigger than avatar.
Looking forward to other opinions.

#3 GrandalMurmillo

GrandalMurmillo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2395
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1803

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

for burst? obviously not.

as prot i play bloodbath almost all the time, such a nice ability to keep druids, mages and rogues slowed for ever.

and the damage is nice +´1 min cd.-

but for pure burst avatar is obviously better.

#4 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

Maybe worth noting that auto attacks benefit from Avatar but not Bloodbath

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#5 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:58 AM

I find bloodbath to be nice against certain classes you know that you won't burst down in one go anyways but just want to add additional pressure. Secondly it's nice against rogues and druids in general.

But as above. It's worth mentioning auto attacks and your rend does not benefit from bloodbath. And that in pure dps bloodbath just sims higher due to it's shorter cooldown. Thus if you want to go pure for the burst take avatar. Want pressure take bloodbath instead.
Posted Image

#6 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

I find bloodbath to be nice against certain classes you know that you won't burst down in one go anyways but just want to add additional pressure. Secondly it's nice against rogues and druids in general.

But as above. It's worth mentioning auto attacks and your rend does not benefit from bloodbath. And that in pure dps bloodbath just sims higher due to it's shorter cooldown. Thus if you want to go pure for the burst take avatar. Want pressure take bloodbath instead.

So, it works good in 2s against certain comps such as rogue/priest? 'Cause I saw them usually go Bladestorm in 3s for more pressure.

#7 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:41 PM

So, it works good in 2s against certain comps such as rogue/priest? 'Cause I saw them usually go Bladestorm in 3s for more pressure.

In 3s bladestorm is good to avoid first off being peeled to easy. Peels are less common or more controlable in 2s. And hitting 3-4 targets that are more likely to be stacked together then 2 that are mostly spread out.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<