#21 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:54 AM

I liked Wrath, but they don't have to copy Wrath to make the game good again.

What they need to do is realize what made the game good in the first place in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath and why it all went downhill after.

I'm scared to go off on a rant, but basically, button bloating and the wrong approach to things ruined the game, and stubborness in not pruning unnecessary stuff added later to an otherwise solid and working wireframe.

Let's say that Wrath per se is the ideal state in which this game should be in terms of class design, minus some tweaks. In this example we will mainly have Warriors as focus because that's the class I experience the game firsthand and, like it or not, is a good class to judge the metagame with being the simplest melee by design.

Cata launches, a bunch of buttons gets added to the spec + some questionable talents make some abilities inherently broken.

So now Warriors have Heroic Strike hitting like a truck due to Incite autocrits, and take everything in 20 yarde out of stealth due to a talent in Arms' row which you basically take because it makes Pummel cost no Rage.
Heroic Leap's introduction takes Intercept out, because the new tool has to be the choice and not the old one.

The buttons are basically bloats. Slam gets empowered by Lambs to the Slaughter, a three MS cast which means at least fifteen seconds of continuous uptime, which is unsustainable at best in a meta where almost every melee sports a 1s gcd.
And Warriors gets stuck with MS, Rend, Execute, Overpower, Slam, Heroic Strike and Colossus Smash. Five buttons that do damage, one that does damage and burns excessive Rage and one that does damage and makes the damaging buttons do more damage.

Emphasys on five buttons that do the exact same thing, on paper.
Because Overpower has always been the saving grace of Warriors against melees and its synergy with Rend opened up for great controlled burst in expert hands, and MS is our distinctive attack and debuff.

Execute is worthless in this scenario, so come MoP more buttons bloat the sun but Rend gets removed.
Execute stays worthless and Heroic Strike ascends to broken status, then gets back to nigh anonimity. Slam, obscene mobility and senseless self healing are nonetheless able to carry the class to god status.

Enter WoD, exits 70% of our toolkit.
Did you watch the regionals in which Joefernandes sat in CCs for two minutes and some against an RMD, with the Mage and the Rogue having a minute adding both the CCs they've been targeted with.
The Mage, the Rogue and Joe, all of them, had an output of approx. 4mil damage each.

This means that the two buttons we're left with have issues. That's the conundrum: you don't touch what's not broken.
Current talent system is a great addition for further abilities on a solid class design, even if the talents themselves leave a lot to be desired.

As for the current state of the Warrior, a simple two buttons addition would make a lot for the feel of the class: Heroic Strike and Deadly Calm.
And fucking Charge stun. Holy shit.

#22 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1790
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:29 AM

If you think swifty is any good, I feel sorry for you. Heres a video of a multiglad warrior capable to outplay a setup which back in the days it was a hard counter to warrior+healer.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=CpzS-LIjZzM

When swifty gets viewers becaouse he plays similar to the war in the video and not because he gives away shit, feel free to praise him.

Yeah man, it's immoral to like anyone if someone else in the world is better.

Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:  http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

Feral tears  :wub:

#23 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1592
  • 3v3: 2582
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1729

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:42 AM

My fans !! :eek:

also, fuck warmane for switching their clients to WOD models for WOTLK servers
I preferred pre wod models =/

There's 2 clients, you can still use the client with the old models

#24 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

I'd love this. Would play rmp with nahj every day

But you the most famous hunter in the world as I know, :hunter: :hunter: should bring on some PHD back in the wrath. :ph34r:

If you think swifty is any good, I feel sorry for you. Heres a video of a multiglad warrior capable to outplay a setup which back in the days it was a hard counter to warrior+healer.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=CpzS-LIjZzM

When swifty gets viewers becaouse he plays similar to the war in the video and not because he gives away shit, feel free to praise him.

I learned a lot from his series of incredible warrior tricks when I just started to play this game. I think I should be thankful, so I got his videos in my hard disk. And sometimes go back to watch these videos is pretty interesting for me.
And sorry I can't open that link you gave here, youtube is banned in my country.

look back in wrath, even arms warriors had shield slam, revenge shield block etc. you literally had like 3x the buttons and abilitys compared to now.

Ah... Maybe just double it lol. I remember I got like around 40 buttons back then, now I only got less than 30. But if I go back, I could have more.

Any private server above Vanilla is allowed. By allowed I mean blizzard doesn't have the means to ask for twitch to shut it down. This of course can change but so far that's the case. It's also the reason why there's plenty of streamers who only stream warmane/At and are still partnered.

I'm not asking you to risk it if you don't want, but so far the only ban-cases were from pre-bc

What I thought about private servers is, they wouldn’t ban it if there is not much people playing that, what makes it less fun.
But I would check it out if I could.

#25 Fakalock

Fakalock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 950
  • 3v3: 2205
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationGuthenburg, Sweden

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:05 PM

nah wow will get "dumber and dumber" its simply just they way gaming is headed,

you wanna appeal to the largest group of people possible.

the release of a trillion smart phone game carrying this trend aswell didnt make it better either.

look back in wrath, even arms warriors had shield slam, revenge shield block etc. you literally had like 3x the buttons and abilitys compared to now.

Havn't the amount of players proven the oposite? IN wrath wow was at its all time high, from there on the players have only droped. Meaning that if they want people to play the game, Make it less dumbed down? Make it more versatile again

#26 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:04 PM

Warmane (AT+Molten) is launching Lordareon tomorrow, which will be a kind of Nostalrius but for wotlk. With progression.

As it is known in this forum the core will be pretty much bug-free and it's a realm they've been working on for awhile now. Hopefully to bring that nostalgia feeling back for the guys who loved wotlk.

I for one have high hopes for it so I thought I should share (you can also stream it without getting banned).

Warmane.com

So how does this work exactly? Playing on a S8 patch but gear will progress through seasons? So S8 with deadly gear and go from there?
S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#27 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

I'm not sure how the PvP side of things will be going to roll out as I'm not part of the staff anymore. I'll still play it just for the feels and because there's an insane amount of people playing there atm. The starting areas right now seem like the ahn'quiraj opening

#28 civelli

civelli
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

So how does this work exactly? Playing on a S8 patch but gear will progress through seasons? So S8 with deadly gear and go from there?

yes but dont expect too much from molten its not the AT core on this server.

#29 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

It's not molten core either. It's better than any core considering at devs have been working on it for so long. You should expect much actually.

Who created AT created Lordareon

#30 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:49 PM

feels really smooth tbh im gonna spend mucho time on this with some boyz, should make an aj guild
best

#31 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:19 PM

https://gyazo.com/6c...b87d662f5cdc83d
9000 wotlk players
clearly coincidence tbh
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#32 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

feels really smooth tbh im gonna spend mucho time on this with some boyz, should make an aj guild

if u make one on horde hit me up

#33 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:03 PM

Yo dogs we doin wrath in this bitch? Sheet this weekend horde ret/holy pally, bringing back the old school cool

Edited by Nicholaes92, 25 September 2015 - 04:04 PM.

AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#34 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

I'm going to start leveling now on horde. PM jamminlove if you wanna level /undead

#35 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

stuck on char list rip
best

#36 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

I got through now, I'm on Jammin -Horde atm level 1

#37 flerbu

flerbu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2203
  • 3v3: 2552
  • 5v5: 2124
  • RBG: 2006

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

undead krylis reporting in

#38 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:01 PM

We're 5 now, lmk if anyone's horde and want to meet up. We're around 6-11

#39 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 26 September 2015 - 07:04 AM

Wow~! There should be a celebration. Fuck I wanna join you! But that seems unworkable in where I am.

#40 Abomb247

Abomb247

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:21 AM

I hope in Legion they return Prot Warriors to a WotLK style play. They seem to be giving them some control again. Also alot of damage modifiers for Shield Slam. Then many Debuffs to weaken the enemy ( maybe will have a old Armor penetration feel to it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<