• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

I reviewed some old videos just now, including Swifty 1 and Ocelote's get WLDed. And I want to say I really want to get back to WotLK.

I enjoyed the playstyle that I should switch my stance to use a ability, that made me feel good.
Let charge and intercept share the same CD since Cata is a real bad bad idea, making berserker stance nonsense, then they just took that away.
And I think we don't need any CC like throwdown or stormbolt nowadays. We warriors just do damage and position right to survive. Yea, that might be warriors.

Oh god, I really miss that.
I don't know if you can feel me through my poor English.
And I don't remember if there was a way for specs like feral to be viable back then. But at least they can work on how to bring warriors back.

Would they bring us back?

#2 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:57 PM

no
it has been asked an awful lot and they don't want to go that direction

maybe when the game is on it's last legs (really distant future, way after the game is free to play) they might open up retail wrath servers and for other expansions.
don't think anyone believes them when they say the technology isn't there for it :~)

#3 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

Ferals were actually pretty good in wrath if I recall correctly they had instant clones every finisher. But short answer to your question is no, they won't. They have been quoted multiple time on their thoughts on servers for older expansions and they basically said it was too much work and that there would be too few amount of people to play them and that the people who would play it would just get bored with the lack of new content and stop playing them.

I do agree that wrath was one of the funnest expansions because everything in the game was fun, bgs, arenas, heroics, raids, wintergrasp, it was the perfect state of the game imo in terms of entertainment.

If they made a private server as good as nostalrious but for wrath it would be huge I think.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#4 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:10 PM

no
it has been asked an awful lot and they don't want to go that direction

maybe when the game is on it's last legs (really distant future, way after the game is free to play) they might open up retail wrath servers and for other expansions.
don't think anyone believes them when they say the technology isn't there for it :~)

I think they backtracked on their technology comment. But yeah it's clear bullshit when they said that. Look at nostalrious, I'm not sure of recent but they did an amazing job making it feel like retail. Shit the gms even ban for third party programs and multi boxing and gold selling in a fairly timely manner. Knew a guy who bought 100g on nostalrious and got perma'd the next week.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#5 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly.
I mean simply bring the playstyle back in some future expansions, not to open a sever for old expansions.

#6 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

Oh... Well that's sort of a difficult question I guess. Because on top of them pruning a lot of abilities and making some abilities spec specific and making some for every spec (such as only fire mages have fireball, and every Mage has icebkock), they also added a lot of abilities that really kind of makes the current meta a point of no return in terms of trying to be more wrath like. Such as every healer has dispell Magic and every melee has a stun and interrupt.

Plus with how legion is sounding, and how they are making every spec extremely unique (like melee hunters). I would confidently say absolutely not, at least not for a very long time.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#7 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:29 PM

Oh... Well that's sort of a difficult question I guess. Because on top of them pruning a lot of abilities and making some abilities spec specific and making some for every spec (such as only fire mages have fireball, and every Mage has icebkock), they also added a lot of abilities that really kind of makes the current meta a point of no return in terms of trying to be more wrath like. Such as every healer has dispell Magic and every melee has a stun and interrupt.

Plus with how legion is sounding, and how they are making every spec extremely unique (like melee hunters). I would confidently say absolutely not, at least not for a very long time.

That's sad, man. I regret about ain't spend much time on it during wrath.

#8 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

Ya, sad day, but who knows maybe they will make a new type of gameplay with their new pvp talent system that will have a similar feel in terms of class uniqueness that's just as fun. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#9 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Ya, sad day, but who knows maybe they will make a new type of gameplay with their new pvp talent system that will have a similar feel in terms of class uniqueness that's just as fun. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

It make sense, haha.

#10 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

I liked Wrath, but they don't have to copy Wrath to make the game good again.

What they need to do is realize what made the game good in the first place in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath and why it all went downhill after. What is important is that they take the fundamentals of those periods and build it up from there. Cata to some extent and particularly MoP and WoD have completely different fundamentals than the original + first 2 expansions. You could say these were a completely different game series that happened to share the same lore.

No one can say if Legion is going to be good yet, but with them hammering on uniqueness and revealing things like melee hunters it definitely looks promising.

Edited by Naraga, 24 September 2015 - 03:05 PM.

S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#11 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

I'd love this. Would play rmp with nahj every day

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#12 Cenobite

Cenobite
  • Members

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

If you think swifty is any good, I feel sorry for you. Heres a video of a multiglad warrior capable to outplay a setup which back in the days it was a hard counter to warrior+healer.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=CpzS-LIjZzM

When swifty gets viewers becaouse he plays similar to the war in the video and not because he gives away shit, feel free to praise him.

#13 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

If you think swifty is any good, I feel sorry for you. Heres a video of a multiglad warrior capable to outplay a setup which back in the days it was a hard counter to warrior+healer.

When swifty gets viewers becaouse he plays similar to the war in the video and not because he gives away shit, feel free to praise him.

Chill out Girl Scout all he said was he watched a swifts video. Which is fairly common because he was one of the most popular you tubers for wow.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#14 Blameshift

Blameshift
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2722
  • RBG: 1772

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

idk Arena-tournament isnt the same as live wow. Its years later then retail wotlk.

#15 GrandalMurmillo

GrandalMurmillo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2395
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1803

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

nah wow will get "dumber and dumber" its simply just they way gaming is headed,

you wanna appeal to the largest group of people possible.

the release of a trillion smart phone game carrying this trend aswell didnt make it better either.

look back in wrath, even arms warriors had shield slam, revenge shield block etc. you literally had like 3x the buttons and abilitys compared to now.

#16 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

rokmode rokmode rokmode
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#17 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1592
  • 3v3: 2582
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1729

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:04 PM

Warmane (AT+Molten) is launching Lordareon tomorrow, which will be a kind of Nostalrius but for wotlk. With progression.

As it is known in this forum the core will be pretty much bug-free and it's a realm they've been working on for awhile now. Hopefully to bring that nostalgia feeling back for the guys who loved wotlk.

I for one have high hopes for it so I thought I should share (you can also stream it without getting banned).

Warmane.com

#18 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:34 PM

Warmane (AT+Molten) is launching Lordareon tomorrow, which will be a kind of Nostalrius but for wotlk. With progression.

As it is known in this forum the core will be pretty much bug-free and it's a realm they've been working on for awhile now. Hopefully to bring that nostalgia feeling back for the guys who loved wotlk.

I for one have high hopes for it so I thought I should share (you can also stream it without getting banned).

Warmane.com

Who said you are allowed to stream it? I'm pretty sure any private server is banned from streaming
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#19 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:02 PM

rokmode rokmode rokmode

My fans !! :eek:

also, fuck warmane for switching their clients to WOD models for WOTLK servers
I preferred pre wod models =/

Edited by ROKMODE, 24 September 2015 - 10:02 PM.

Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#20 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1592
  • 3v3: 2582
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1729

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

Any private server above Vanilla is allowed. By allowed I mean blizzard doesn't have the means to ask for twitch to shut it down. This of course can change but so far that's the case. It's also the reason why there's plenty of streamers who only stream warmane/At and are still partnered.

I'm not asking you to risk it if you don't want, but so far the only ban-cases were from pre-bc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<