• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/2/1/./2
  • 2v2: 1367

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:52 AM

Is this common these days?

So I was doing some late night arenas tonight and I noticed some extremely suspicious behaviour which I am 99% sure is botting (After researching alot tonight I found out about combat routine bots) So, here are the behaviours (Or events) which led me to believe they were botting

-Biggest sign ever holy sweet jesus. I got explosive trapped into an ice trap from miles away, Yes you can put it down to luck but the rest of the players behaviour led me to believe bot too. Trust me you had to see it to believe it.

-Disc priests ( 2 different ones) seemed to use certain abilities at at % health threshhold, And this threshhold would be too low for an actual person to react quick enough to save them, stuff like pw barrier,fear etc, it all seemed to be activated by reaching a certain HP threshold. They would also be terrible at positoning and just stand still (I hear that moving is the ONLY thing the botters actually have to do >_>)

-This last one im unsure of, but it seemed like my kick was getting "predicted" every time, I would vary when I would kick during the cast, and it will still get "faked out" and this one person EVERYTIME managed to stop casting as i kicked somehow, im not sure if that is a thing but it was literally everytime and this was a long fight. (perhaps he was just very lucky or i was very unlucky)

The weird thing is, these guys were all at around 1400 rating, so not even high ! perhaps it was the time of night i was playing because I would say 80% of the games tonight i played in i suspected botting due to various reasons.

So a little disclaimer at the end here; Im newly starting arena after a year break from it - even then I have only ever arena'd for cap with randomers and havnt really pushed for rating, i think the highest ive got to is 1600, so yes im not a great player yet, but I do have a brain, and I have PvP'd casually, in arena and BGS for a long time and this is the first time I've suspected botting behaviour in arenas. I'm not one to get salty over a few losses and blame botting due to my own inability, I'm merely curious as to how common this is now (especially in the lower brackets?)

Also, is there such a thing to stop casting --AS-- I kick?

#2 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:37 AM

people botting arenas for gear probs

#3 elnamechange

elnamechange
  • Members

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

it happened.

It's just the general population of wow players are dumb anough to loose to a bot, so yeah evolution lol.

#4 Victura

Victura
  • Members

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:47 AM

Bots are rediculous but yeah... they will stay.

#5 iceklimber

iceklimber
  • Members

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

I play at extremely low ratings (300 ish) because reasons and it is even worse there:

One particularly strange combo was Lock Rogue with both standing still until you "pull" them. The lock would cast Dots and Shadowfury on the puller, then run to assault the top player in Arena Frame regardless of where they are, even if they keep riding away on a mount while the second player trains the Lock. Rogue would alwaays Poison the other player and the pet, then run to middle.

An interesting note is that because they would not act until engaged, you could get just in range to start attacking one but have the other continue their inaction.

The persistence of Botters is also quiet outstanding: Even after the huge BG Banwave they continue to risk their LV100 chars jsut because they are too lazy finding an Arena Partner or a few Gold coins for Arena Boost.

#6 DaRougaroux

DaRougaroux
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 2/1/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1068
  • 3v3: 1132
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:53 AM