Photo

Combat weapons (2xS vs 1xS & 1xD) + few more questions.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Arktos

Arktos
  • Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

Hey,

I'm playing as Sub, but I want to play 2v2 with healer (btw. which healer is best for rogue?), so I decided to try Combat, because I heard that this is much better than Assa, my current offspec.

I have double epic daggers, and today I have enough conq cap to get one sword. There's a question - 1) is one sword + one dagger viable, or it will be better to wait till next week for another sword? I heard that this is fine, and DPS difference is only ~2%. What is the truth?

2) If it is viable, what should I buy in next week? Second sword, or 2 pieces of set in the first place (I have only 2 pieces of set, because Subtlety doesn't need 4)?

3) And what is better, 4x pieces of set (2 epic + 2 blue), or 2x pieces of set (2 epic set + 2 epic off set)?

4) Swords vs fist weapons?

#2 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

For combat 1sword+2dagger is fine but it is worse overall so you'll want to get a 2nd sword eventually but the dagger will be fine for the meantime also use 4 set

there's 0 difference between sword & fist weapon other than transmog

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#3 Arktos

Arktos
  • Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:41 PM

For combat 1sword+2dagger is fine but it is worse overall so you'll want to get a 2nd sword eventually but the dagger will be fine for the meantime also use 4 set

But what's the difference in DPS? And what should I change as first, this OH dagger to sword, or blue shoulders & hands for epic ones?

there's 0 difference between sword & fist weapon other than transmog

I guess that the same with maces, axes, etc.?

Also which healer is good for rogue 2s?

#4 Sniz

Sniz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1803
  • RBG: 1656

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

Don't get too worried about the difference in dps, it's only for one week then you will have two slow one hands.

Yes all one hands other than daggers have identical stats and weapon speed (you can just compare them).

The best healer is probably resto Druid or disc priest, but any healer will probably work to a reasonable rating.

#5 Arktos

Arktos
  • Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:39 PM

Don't get too worried about the difference in dps, it's only for one week then you will have two slow one hands.

I know, but if difference is fairly big (like ~5-10%+), I'll just wait till next week. If not - I'll start in this.
And if it's pretty low, I'll change my blue set pieces to epic before second sword.

The best healer is probably resto Druid or disc priest, but any healer will probably work to a reasonable rating.

As I thought.

#6 Sniz

Sniz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1803
  • RBG: 1656

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

I'm not sure about exact percentages but I went through the same process as you and I can tell you it's a very noticeable difference. The main effects are on your mastery (hit with your offhand) and on killing spree.

I just used the dagger so I could practice the spec but if you're really trying to push rating you would be better off as assassination till you get two slow one hands

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<