• EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1316
  • 3v3: 2623
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:13 AM

Hi AJ

I have a couple of questions about ww opener, rotation and burst. Are you supposed to use rising sun kick, fists of fury, chi burst and chi torpedo on cooldown or is it sometimes worth to hold them and wait for on use trinket to come off cooldown plus ten stacks of tigereye brew? It feels like there will be alot of waiting involved if you try to get the perfect burst every time which leads to lower sustained damage but higher burst.

Another question, is it worth it to use chi explosion with more than 3 chi? Say I have 4 chi, is it better to use tiger palm and then chi explosion or just chi explosion right away? I suppose it's more single target damage to use tiger palm first which is probably better than some random splash damage on a target you aren't even trying to kill, plus it makes the rotation easier.

My opener is usually something like:
Disable, Chi Brew, Chi Brew, Tiger Palm, Jab, Tigereye Brew + Trinket, Rising Sun Kick, Jab, Fists of Fury, Jab, Leg Sweep, Chi Burst, Rising Sun Kick, Jab, Chi Torpedo, Chi Torpedo.

Does this sound reasonable?

Basically it comes down to three questions:
How does a typical opener look?
How does a typical rotation look?
How does a typical burst look?

Bonus question: When is it worth to use clone? So far it seems really good in 2s to just have the clone up all the time, seems like the damage becomes unhealable when dampening sets in.

Best regards
Celinedijon

Edited by Celinedijon, 16 September 2015 - 09:19 AM.

#2 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

Honestly there are no "openers" as a WW Monk. Just use double chi brew when gates open and a 4 stack chi ex with that to get 7-10 stacks instantly. Keep RSK up all the time. Use chi ex whenever you have 3+ chi (don't kill totems with 4 stack because its bugged and you sipmly can't). As for burst I don't even know man, I just press my abilities in my leg sweep and make sure to use my stacks everytime I fists of fury. The ideal burst rotation would probably be a full fists of fury into dr leg sweep then rsk + double chi torpedo I guess.

Edit: that burst rotation should only happen if you train someone and have RSK on them. Otherwise if you swap to someone then leg sweep to get RSK up then fist out

I very rarely save up for 10 stacks specifically but I know a lot of monks do, for example Venruki and many other monks that I wont mention also saves a lot but I guess thats why I am 300 rating higher than they are. Just use stacks on CD when you got 6 or more and things will die I promise you that.

Edited by Fedx, 16 September 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#3 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 768

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

but I guess thats why I am 300 rating higher than they are.

damn son

decent info tho.
Posted Image

#4 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

damn son

decent info tho.

shots intented xd

#5 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

As for burst I don't even know man, I just press my abilities in my leg sweep

#wod :D

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#6 Celinedijon

Celinedijon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Honestly there are no "openers" as a WW Monk. Just use double chi brew when gates open and a 4 stack chi ex with that to get 7-10 stacks instantly. Keep RSK up all the time. Use chi ex whenever you have 3+ chi (don't kill totems with 4 stack because its bugged and you sipmly can't). As for burst I don't even know man, I just press my abilities in my leg sweep and make sure to use my stacks everytime I fists of fury. The ideal burst rotation would probably be a full fists of fury into dr leg sweep then rsk + double chi torpedo I guess.

Edit: that burst rotation should only happen if you train someone and have RSK on them. Otherwise if you swap to someone then leg sweep to get RSK up then fist out

I very rarely save up for 10 stacks specifically but I know a lot of monks do, for example Venruki and many other monks that I wont mention also saves a lot but I guess thats why I am 300 rating higher than they are. Just use stacks on CD when you got 6 or more and things will die I promise you that.

Thanks for that! I thought I'd start playing ww as an alt since the buffs. Any other input to my original post is highly appreciated.

Edited by Celinedijon, 16 September 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#7 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

#wod :D

yeah the burst rotation in Wotlk/cata was very hard aswell. I remember on my rogue in wotlk when i did a full cheap shot then spam ambush into a full kidney then spam more ambushes with dance. That took a lot of skill.

#8 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:40 PM

I remember on my rogue in wotlk when i did a full cheap shot then spam ambush into a full kidney then spam more ambushes with dance. That took a lot of skill.

and yet you were not rank 1 / playing at 2.8k rating on your rogue during wotlk

which is hardly surprising if you did this every single dance, pretty horrible way to waste globals/energy :)

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#9 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

and yet you were not rank 1 / playing at 2.8k rating on your rogue during wotlk

which is hardly surprising if you did this every single dance, pretty horrible way to waste globals/energy :)

Probably because I started in Wotlk and was generally a bad player. But since I have played AT wotlk as rogue and done pretty good I think you should shut the fuck up. Also I don't see how r1 players and bad players burst different? You just press your highest hitting abilities with cooldowns up. If you used to burst different in wotlk please inform me Dizzee

#10 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

Also I don't see how r1 players and bad players burst different? You just press your highest hitting abilities with cooldowns up.

energy pooling before dance?

#11 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

energy pooling before dance?

ok let me change the burst rotation then. Wait for 100 energy, full kidney then dance spam ambush then end with a full cheap shot and spam more ambushes. Happy?

Holy fuck you give me aids

Edited by Fedx, 16 September 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#12 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

Holy fuck you give me aids

do you always get aids when people answer your questions? :)

#13 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

do you always get aids when people answer your questions? :)

No just when retarded people answer my questions

#14 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

No just when retarded people answer my questions

guess you get aids pretty constantly on this site then ^^

#15 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

I very rarely save up for 10 stacks specifically but I know a lot of monks do, for example Venruki and many other monks that I wont mention also saves a lot but I guess thats why I am 300 rating higher than they are.

https://niceme.me/

#16 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:04 PM

https://niceme.me/

#17 Wetro

Wetro
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/0/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2162

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

using chi brew instantly is retarded, because you are bassically caping your energy for a few seconds. just use atleast 1 jab before you chi brew. you gotta use chi brew as a jab replacement^^

Its not a deal but i dont know why people dont realise that :D

#18 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:11 PM

using chi brew instantly is retarded, because you are bassically caping your energy for a few seconds. just use atleast 1 jab before you chi brew. you gotta use chi brew as a jab replacement^^

since you can have 2 stacks of it and it recharges all the time you never want 2 stacks of it.

If you play ww monk and ever have 1 stack of chi brew for more than 10 seconds you are doing something wrong

Edited by Fedx, 16 September 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#19 Celinedijon

Celinedijon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

Missing one jab in the entire game is retarded? Eh, ok...

#20 Wetro

Wetro
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/0/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2162

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

and if you let your energybar reach 100% your are doing something wrong as well... i think you dont understand what i was saying, you should use chi brew on CD ofc but you should not just see it as a brew generator. im saying that because i all the time see people using it when they are either energy caped or already on 4/5 chi and thats is just wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<