• US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1721
  • RBG: 1553

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:38 PM

Hey guys,

I've played around the 2k range most seasons, but I've had a hard time dealing with warlocks even at the 1750-1850 range this season. In 2s I'm usually playing with a hunter or rogue, and we've been playing thug in 3s. Our record is even worse when the lock is paired with a sham (which is the majority of the time).

The main struggles I'm having are:
  • Keeping up HoTs against two purgers (sham + lock pet)
  • Reliably getting clones against two ranged interrupts + grounding totem
  • Simply keeping up with healing. Dark Soul gets popped and it's all I can do to keep people alive, much less get CC out
If you'd like some gameplay, here's a link. There are two lock/sham games fairly early on (@ ~30 secs and @15:30) http://www.twitch.tv...omin/v/14152808.

Obviously I have issues avoiding CC and I should be faking more. It's odd; it feels like the lock pet interrupts are harder to juke. I don't know why. I also have a hard time finding the right time to dispel - I end up silencing myself far too often, thinking it's worth it (it's usually not). We've joked about me getting a bash or incap on the lock pet so that I can safely clone; is that worth it? How am I supposed to keep up with Dark Soul damage + purges?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: Armory link: http://us.battle.net...orrybear/simple

#2 Rynd

Rynd
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2140

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

play treants against dk, sp, and enhanc... Also use blooming glyph against them..

Keep bloom up, use mend on cd and don't cast... if u do that u should be fine... use genesis if needed

#3 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1814
  • 3v3: 2101
  • 5v5: 1777
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationAshburn, VA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

I only watched the first one and I'm not a very good druid, so this is all from a lock's pov. You already seem to know your big problems.

Just to recap what you mentioned above:
  • You don't ever fake cast, so you eat every spell lock and fall behind. If that lock was any good he'd save demonsoul for when he locks you.
  • You don't put the lock on focus, so you eat every fear.
Here's what I saw:
  • You cc the lock when he has no cd's popped, then he pops them and he's on DR and you can't stop him. Why not wait to cc him during his big damage?
  • Dispel haunts
  • Work on your positioning. You run around the open near his gateway a lot so it's real easy to fear you (especially when he's not focused).
  • You don't swap lifebloom when he's drainsouling you and your hunter is full health.
  • Clicking your friendly targets makes you waste over a second each time.
  • Help your dps out - moonfire those important totems, and clone the shaman low. Your hunter says that he kicked the shaman and he has good damage - perfect time to clone the lock so he can't peel.

#4 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

The above, and at one point during the 2nd game you cycloned the warlock who had no outs, and then you ironbarked yourself. Basically a wasted cooldown then.
Posted Image

#5 Flittig

Flittig
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1579

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:23 PM

I'm 2.5k LSexp (no skype) as Hunter and Rdruid

- Try to clone off target asap to get trinkets. That way you can get 3x full clones when they pop their cds.

- Trade ironbark/bs for demon soul asap, before you are at 50%.

- Pressure and CC stops purging. If you can't cc, and you don't have enough pressure to stop purging. Try switching target with CDs + bash.

- If you go for healers, coordinate bash on healer + trap on dps.

- For the love of god, start faking.

- Hug pillars as much as possible when you're not on CC DR. Games are often won because of getting in more CC than the other team.

- Get GladiatorLossa to alert you of incoming CC.

- Focus on keeping you/your partner fully hotted and reasonably topped before going for clones etc. No hots on your partner, and then get locked while trying to cc someone, while your partner is not topped, is asking for trouble and will force major cds from you.

- With a hunter, it's great to rotate clones, and not switch targets, to keep people low untill your next cc is up which is usually right away or very soon after 3x clones. Starting your burst and cc chain when they are at 60% and not near 100% is huge.

- Help dpsing when everyone are topped and fully hotted, while healer/dps is in a full cc. (it's really noticable from a hunters pov). Use HotW when you feel like you really have the upper hand and are aiming for a kill. Save up combo points when pressure is low earlier in the game.

- Usually inexperienced druid have troubles with rogues. Use shapemender + barkskin + regrowth. Get a tellmewhen script for shapemender CD, and shapeshift everytime it's off ICD. Watch kidney shot's cd closely, and make sure you are in bear form when its off cd. Use blink to reapply hots, then back to bear. Pretty much the same goes for all melees.

#6 Metaclassx

Metaclassx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1688
  • 3v3: 2242
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

#7 demilicious

demilicious
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1721
  • RBG: 1553

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

This is excellent and extremely helpful feedback. Thanks to all who contributed.

Your point (and Fizion's) about awareness is well-taken. I'll keep working on this the hard way for a while; I don't want to get too reliant on a single addon.

Thanks again guys. Cheers.

#8 Juther

Juther
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1582
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1550

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

Is clicking frame a utter loss of time?
Is there anymore High rated players Who click them?

#9 EverRog

EverRog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1569
  • 3v3: 2152
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1547

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

Is clicking frame a utter loss of time?
Is there anymore High rated players Who click them?

Yes and yes.

Clicking frames for heal its bad but you can get gladiator clicking them

#10 Nemeria

Nemeria
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1839
  • 3v3: 1578
  • RBG: 1755

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

How we suppose to do ?
Using arenamate1/2/3 macros ?

#11 Eziush

Eziush
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 96

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

bind them in keybinding options...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resto, warlock, shaman, 2v2, 3v3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<