• US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1692
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1322

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

Im currently playing turbo with some friends. Our healer is a disc priest and we have had relatively no struggle getting to 2100 cr but with all the rmds and feral teams what are the best strats. I know rmd out classes turbo but its almost to the point of /afking out of the match any help?

#2 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:09 PM

press leave arena

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#3 Imtaz

Imtaz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/1/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2519
  • RBG: 1895
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:03 AM

press leave arena

Shouldn't they win because they play with the best healer in the game? I mean discipline priest is leagues and leagues above restoration druids..

#4 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Our healer is a disc priest

Well, you pretty much stated your own problem.

#5 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

Im currently playing turbo with some friends. Our healer is a disc priest and we have had relatively no struggle getting to 2100 cr but with all the rmds and feral teams what are the best strats. I know rmd out classes turbo but its almost to the point of /afking out of the match any help?

Get a rdruid or mw monk. Easier to get mw monk as melee cleaves because most rdruids (even the good ones) resort to RMD saying it's the only skilled comp and turbo is boring to play, etc. Which is somewhat true(Turbo is pretty faceroll and braindead), but obviously these guys can't heal turbo for shit. I'm pretty sure if Dannycarry were to heal any decent RMD, he would wipe the floor with any other r1 rdruids who only knows how to play RMD. I've seen number of rdruids in glad rating who do just fine when healing rmd but struggle with turbo. It's just different style of play.

If RMD plays like a sword then Turbo plays like a shield. RMD needs good setups(cross cc) and cc chains to get a kill. Turbo on the other hand, plays exactly the opposite of that which is to break cc chain and win with pure damage along with offensive purge.

You, your shaman and your healer should never overlap trinkets (to break the key cc chain) or defensive CDs. Also you and your shaman should do your best not to overlap on kicks/charge stun/stormbolt/grounding/msr. (I prefer msr vs RMD and safeguard vs RMP or RMPala.)

Now you and your shaman's job is to become the combo breaker, helping each other and your healer to eat less cc chain. In order to do that, you all need to communicate really well with each other about who is going to trinket first to interrupt cc chain and also who is going to interrupt next cast/heal with every tool you have (kicks/charge stun/stormbolt/grounding/msr). I often see lot of new warriors stormbolting the enemy druid as soon as your shaman has already wind sheared the clone. Wait out 3 sec before you stormbolt so you take the full advantage of that wind shear as a chain. Druid won't be able to heal for good 7~8 sec and it can be more than enough to land a kill sometimes.

SAY WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO BEFORE YOU DO IT AND AS YOU DO IT. This rule of thumb applies to every comp but more so with Turbo because like I said earlier... you do not want to overlap cds.

Some examples like "ok, I have msr for next clone, do not kick (unless I eat stun or poly before the clone)" "I can charge next clone/heal" "I can pummel next cast" "I have stun in 5 sec, I'll use it on druid and pop cd on mage". It may seem little but building this kind of habit in arena communication makes a huge difference. If all of your teammates use this type of commutation then you won't really have to worry about overlapping cds.

If you are already doing all this and still struggling then you will have to just work on your dps output/purging and aligning offensive cds with your teammate to burst down the target during that small window of little cc chain you can create. We often times land kill with 4 sec stormbolt into wind shear or charge stun or fear something like that... Turbo burst is pretty broken.

I don't main Turbo but I have some vods from 2500~2600mmr with rdm teammates. I'll try to put it up on my youtube when I can but I don't think it's necessary since there are good number of r1 turbo streams on Twitch including joefernandes/smexxin (war pov), vanguards/tony (sham pov) supatease (rdruid pov), etc.

Hope this was any helpful and good luck in arena! Peace~

EDIT: I often times vs RMD opener try to trinket cheapshot or poly on me to msr the clone. Watch druid as you get stunned or poly and see if the druid is following it up with clone. You can trinket reflect clone, and charge rogue/mage to fear both dps, stormbolt rogue or druid whoever trinkets and their opener is ruined. You might wanna bladestorm them out as your sham or healer gets sap but I prefer saving bladestorm for my burst or to break incoming cc/root. Being gnome also helps a lot vs RMD or Jungle.

Edited by irubuwrongtime, 23 September 2015 - 06:36 PM.

#6 Jonatan

Jonatan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 1794
  • 3v3: 2408
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1782
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

We're playing druid turbo atm around 2100, we have been playing for 2 days so far so im not sure what the best thing is, we litteraly only stop stuff and kill mage, dont overlap kicks reflect and grounding yo

#7 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

We're playing druid turbo atm around 2100, we have been playing for 2 days so far so im not sure what the best thing is, we litteraly only stop stuff and kill mage, dont overlap kicks reflect and grounding yo

ye cus at 2.1 mages cant deep sheep effectively, if they just deep sheep/rof 3 times they win by default.

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#8 Jonatan

Jonatan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 1794
  • 3v3: 2408
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1782
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

ye cus at 2.1 mages cant deep sheep effectively, if they just deep sheep/rof 3 times they win by default.

Yeah it's hard to sheep when you're dead :duckers:

#9 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:07 PM

Get a rdruid or mw monk. Easier to get mw monk as melee cleaves because most rdruids (even the good ones) resort to RMD saying it's the only skilled comp and turbo is boring to play, etc. Which is somewhat true(Turbo is pretty faceroll and braindead), but obviously these guys can't heal turbo for shit. I'm pretty sure if Dannycarry were to heal any decent RMD, he would wipe the floor with any other r1 rdruids who only knows how to play RMD. I've seen number of rdruids in glad rating who do just fine when healing rmd but struggle with turbo. It's just different style of play.

Wow, glad to see you made another guide. I have read it with my heart.

#10 Mortalstryke

Mortalstryke
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

You can even try, but if they play right they gonna win. You can rotate all things to stop setup, but sometimes you have nothing and The spammable cc will enter and when The chain begins he never ends haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<