Photo

Meteor or Prismatic Crystal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aze

Aze
  • Members

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:03 PM

I have seen every fire mage using meteor, which does okay damage.

After the dragons breath damage buff, isn't prismatic crystal pulls ahead?

My gear is 4 pieces purple, rest blue (weapon is blue) and without any enchants.

What i do is, pop crystal, Dragons Breath to both crystal and kill target and Blast wave them both and pyrobalast the crystal.

This way you hit your target with 1 DB + 1,3 DB + 0,5 nova + 1,3 nova + 0,5 nova + 1,3 nova + rest. (0,3's are prismatic crystal bonus)

This results in 300k damage in 4 global which all of them are instants and my gear is not even good, and they can't even escape because dragons breath disorients them.

Can someone explain me why meteor is more popular and crystal is not ?

#2 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:45 PM

crystal splits dmg to everything in its radius, seems rare to get off a "perfect scenario" fire combo where there are no pets or anything to randomly soak half ur burst

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#3 Azuremars

Azuremars
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1641

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

Block, same applies to meteor, no?

#4 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

meteor does its damage instantly after 1 second

prismatic crystal does its damage over 10 seconds, with set up time

kindling is shit because combustion damage in pvp is shit

people use meteor, I imagine, for the same reason people use comet storm over prismatic crystal as frost - all the options suck, the one that gets used sucks slightly less then the others (comet storm / meteor in this case)

but at the end of the day, if you like prismatic crystal then use it, armouring whatever top fire mages there are and seeing none of them using prismatic makes zero difference to you when you or they could just as easily play with no lvl 100 talent selected, and not do that much better/worse at the end of the day

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 09 September 2015 - 03:29 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#5 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

most mages playin with a hpala = u can go every 30 secs so meteor lines up with that. crystal still does alot of dmg

Edit: maybe give livin(ravencrest) a whisper he is by far the best fire mage in the world #buff fire.

Edited by Xonika, 09 September 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#6 demoneyes

demoneyes
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1221
  • 3v3: 2643
  • RBG: 1643

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

I have seen every fire mage using meteor, which does okay damage.

After the dragons breath damage buff, isn't prismatic crystal pulls ahead?

My gear is 4 pieces purple, rest blue (weapon is blue) and without any enchants.

What i do is, pop crystal, Dragons Breath to both crystal and kill target and Blast wave them both and pyrobalast the crystal.

This way you hit your target with 1 DB + 1,3 DB + 0,5 nova + 1,3 nova + 0,5 nova + 1,3 nova + rest. (0,3's are prismatic crystal bonus)

This results in 300k damage in 4 global which all of them are instants and my gear is not even good, and they can't even escape because dragons breath disorients them.

Can someone explain me why meteor is more popular and crystal is not ?

Yes.

#7 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:14 AM

yeah but u get to try for meteor setups twice as often and it only takes one global for full effect

i think crystal is still "better" for fire because of its crazy potential, its just super gimmicky and unreliable

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<