Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:35. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

mages in 2s.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:36 AM

Yeah Grandal youre getting helped by two extremely good arena players here and still go on to complain instead of just being thankful for them giving you so many hints and actually even a detailed tactic advice.

Give him a chance please, he has a thread on the eu forums as well so he is probably collating feedback from both

can you [email protected]#$ing nerf the %^-* out of mages you braindead apes.

a mage can just [email protected]#$ing stand still and tank 25k dps for 5 minutes like a moron, THEY ARE CLOTH USERS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO USE THEIR MOBILITY TO NOT GET HIT BY MELEE

THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO STAND STILL CASTING FROSTBOLTS WHILE TANKING DAMAGE LIKE A %^-*ING TANK

CAN YOU WAKE UP FOR ONCE IN YOUR DAMN LIFE AND NERF THE [email protected]#$ OUT OF THIS BULL%^-* CLASS

FK YOU

Well either that or he just lost to another Mage in 2s and broke his keyboard :D

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#42 Feetylocker

Feetylocker
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1749
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:43 PM

Well either that or he just lost to another Mage in 2s and broke his keyboard :D

Hemad

#43 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/0/1/1/1/1
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:23 PM

So much fun. Mage stands on middle of map spamming frostbolt. His paladin healer stands unkillable with his 10 cds in pocket on 30 yards away next to plillar healing all dmg with his dick. You do not have to kite warrior or any other melle for that matter. Wait for procs or orb deep/sheep/hoj rinse and repeat untill you win. and even if paladin forgets to hoj you
kick sheep on deep freeze , JK frostjaw > sheep or ring instead.

Thanks holinka you fucking retarded imbecile.

On a side note war/rshaman has quite descent chance to win this since you can stop most of their setups if you know what you are doing , groundings , msr reflects , passive healing etc however this doesnt change fact that id rather watch paint dry then play against this
Posted Image

#44 Feetylocker

Feetylocker
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1749
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

So much fun. Mage stands on middle of map spamming frostbolt. His paladin healer stands unkillable with his 10 cds in pocket on 30 yards away next to plillar healing all dmg with his dick. You do not have to kite warrior or any other melle for that matter. Wait for procs or orb deep/sheep/hoj rinse and repeat untill you win. and even if paladin forgets to hoj you
kick sheep on deep freeze , JK frostjaw > sheep or ring instead.

Thanks holinka you fucking retarded imbecile.

On a side note war/rshaman has quite descent chance to win this since you can stop most of their setups if you know what you are doing , groundings , msr reflects , passive healing etc however this doesnt change fact that id rather watch paint dry then play against this

I admit that if you play paladin in 2s ur ''special''

#45 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

Mage stands on middle of map spamming frostbolt... You do not have to kite warrior or any other melle for that matter

god bless this attitude really

"you don't have to kite melee" completely ignoring the fact that mages can't kite realistically melee any more without assistance from other classes, even if they wanted to

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 07 September 2015 - 04:45 PM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#46 GrandalMurmillo

GrandalMurmillo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2395
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1803

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

yes i were mad when i made that thread, and this one for that matter.

and its litteraly 70% of what i play in 2s, and 50% of those are russians retards lagging arround so i can never dream to hit them.

i play prot warrior and i honestly cant see how you should beat that setup as prot unless they are god awful.

mage gameplay seems dumber than ever, they are designed arround being a squishy spellcaster, that excell at control and mobility to get away from the damage/or control the damage.

but now it seems they are too tanky and can most of the time just stand still and cast frostbolt in your face, lock them ? lol poly poly poly

#47 GrandalMurmillo

GrandalMurmillo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

Yeah Grandal youre getting helped by two extremely good arena players here and still go on to complain instead of just being thankful for them giving you so many hints and actually even a detailed tactic advice.

i have said many times that it was good advice, but the point i was trying to make was that you had to predict most of their cc chains in order to stop them. which is true.

can you improve your odds by looking at cd timers, fingers of frost stacks? paladin running towards you ? yes. but you cant deny unless you are stupid and ignorant that it revolves arround predicting an action from your oponent. We are afterall talking about 2 instant spells

Oh and btw when will they fix root bug :)? im sick of sitting in invisable roots that have been broken, so i have to jump like a spastic to be able to move forward.

#48 joefernandes

joefernandes
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/2/0/0

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

its honestly not too bad, ofcourse its a really hard matchup, but pretty much what flavour said, if you stop them from getting cc efficiently with good cd + trinket usage, and not overlapping cds with your partner.

have some vods vs mage pallys in 2s on my stream and dont think i've lost to any of them on stream, however ofcourse you can easily lose to them if they get major cc every 30 seconds, but you should be able to stop that well by yourself, if not then maybe u can kite the damage (99% of the mages use blazing + blink to deep your healer, so if you leap behind pillar they cant reach you)

#49 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:34 PM

have some vods vs mage pallys in 2s on my stream and dont think i've lost to any of them

Do you play as Arms against Mages? Or Fury?
Can't really access Twitch right now.

#50 civelli

civelli
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

reflect and leap behind pillar repeat till damp is high enough to pressure them collect points

#51 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:17 AM

i have said many times that it was good advice, but the point i was trying to make was that you had to predict most of their cc chains in order to stop them. which is true.

so your main complaint about the match-up is that you have to think during the game and try to predict when the other team will use their abilities?

#wod

#52 Miixzy

Miixzy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Exodar
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1356
  • 3v3: 2896
  • RBG: 2090

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

it's super easy to win but it feels like u don't want to learn how

didn't you cry for 1 month about mage pala 2s cos you weren't listening to strats I was telling you lol?? d0mmy..

#53 GrandalMurmillo

GrandalMurmillo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:19 AM

so your main complaint about the match-up is that you have to think during the game and try to predict when the other team will use their abilities?

#wod

no my "complaint" was that he literally said that you didnt have to predict anything, and it was as easy as reading 2 fingers on mage and hit reflect.

my entire argument was arround that you had to predict, where he said you didnt have to. please read the posts insteas of just assuming anything is a direct complaint about the game.

#54 GrandalMurmillo

GrandalMurmillo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:24 AM

u don't have to predict jsut look at his buffs, if he has 2 procs he is going to go for a deep sheep and the pally is going to hoj, if he doesn't have procs he can't, watch the pally for getting in range, if he has to hoj first your healer has a change to dispel / ground

that was what i tried to argue with.

#55 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

just assuming anything is a direct complaint about the game.

pretty much every single one of your posts has been that so far tho ;)

#56 GrandalMurmillo

GrandalMurmillo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

pretty much every single one of your posts has been that so far tho ;)

yes, but those were not, and you asumed they were based on previous behavior, thus my comment :)

#57 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

its honestly not too bad, ofcourse its a really hard matchup, but pretty much what flavour said, if you stop them from getting cc efficiently with good cd + trinket usage, and not overlapping cds with your partner.

have some vods vs mage pallys in 2s on my stream and dont think i've lost to any of them on stream, however ofcourse you can easily lose to them if they get major cc every 30 seconds, but you should be able to stop that well by yourself, if not then maybe u can kite the damage (99% of the mages use blazing + blink to deep your healer, so if you leap behind pillar they cant reach you)

Grandal this sums it up, watch the Vods and it will help you see how to win, ofcourse alot of it is about communication, or atleast knowing when you're healer / you are gna use CD's, so playing with new ppl each time will make it harder

#58 GrandalMurmillo

GrandalMurmillo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:55 AM

biggest problem i have is that im prot, and i rarely play with anything but druid or pala,

so i cant remove any blocks or bops. so they can never die unless you force atleast 4 complete resets.

and im still blown away by their damage, i almost die first deep sheep 100-0 as prot with 515k hp.

i mainly made this post to PJsalt after a loss.

but thanks for the helpful suggestions and ideas how to improve my chances of winning vs mage pala :)

#59 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2471
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

biggest problem i have is that im prot, and i rarely play with anything but druid or pala,

so i cant remove any blocks or bops. so they can never die unless you force atleast 4 complete resets.

and im still blown away by their damage, i almost die first deep sheep 100-0 as prot with 515k hp.

i mainly made this post to PJsalt after a loss.

but thanks for the helpful suggestions and ideas how to improve my chances of winning vs mage pala :)

why the fuck are u playing prot? no wonder ur losing

#60 KeyonZ

KeyonZ
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Vek'nilash
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1628
  • 3v3: 1771
  • RBG: 576

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:56 PM

use reflect when mage deeps, he's gna deep when he has 2 procs,

On a somewhat related note from someone trying to get better: why is a mage more likely to deep when he has 2 procs as opposed to 1? Is it just because he's losing damage by eating potential procs at that point?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users