Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Banned players not allowed to qualify for Blizzcon.

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#1 Elictic

Elictic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/./.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Even though Blizzard states that a new WoW license is completely separate to any previous accounts Blizzard are not allowing players who were banned last season in the ban wave to travel to regionals even if they have qualified. If Blizzard would like to have the best players at blizzcon they should not exclude people who have already been punished by having there accounts banned and then further punishing them by not allowing them to qualify for blizzcon.

Anyone else think this is stupid? The players have already received a punishment for whatever they did by having the account banned so why are they now unable to attend blizzcon on a new account? I don't think it seems fair.

#2 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

I'm pretty sure this goes on in every proffesionsal game. In league if a player is banned from LoL because they were toxic/ddosing/breaking rules they also get suspended from play or fined. So idk bro.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#3 Mikefraud

Mikefraud
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 2401
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 576

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

Has any1 specific been banned?

#4 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

what he means is bans seasons ago are being punished now

lagyna in my team cant go because he got banned last season ...?..?...

he paid for his mistake already its fucking stupid

not to mention multiple players are going who are dqd

also in basically every email we've said to them they have basically told us to go fuck ourselves so hf watching fun rmd mirrors

Edited by jaimex, 03 September 2015 - 05:29 PM.

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#5 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 1865

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:29 PM

if this is true its actually retarded. they shoulve atleast said it before the qualifiers.

#6 Mikefraud

Mikefraud
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 2401
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 576

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

what he means is bans seasons ago are being punished now

lagyna in my team cant go because he got banned last season ...?..?...

he paid for his mistake already its fucking stupid

not to mention multiple players are going who are dqd

also in basically every email we've said to them they have basically told us to go fuck ourselves so hf watching fun rmd mirrors

Feels like almost every team that qualified has some1 that has been banned.

#7 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

if this is true its actually retarded. they shoulve atleast said it before the qualifiers.

well i mean they literally told us we could all play before qualifiers (because we asked ...)

and they dont care now (oh our bad na you still cant play lol lsd noobs)

Edited by jaimex, 03 September 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#8 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:34 PM

Well... I do agree they should have said something before qualifiers and shouldn't have let them even get this far, but obvious biased aside. They got banned for 6 months and those 6 months are not over yet so technically they should still be banned? I mean I don't see the issue with there reasons the only issue here is timing.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#9 Niezeremake

Niezeremake
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

Well... I do agree they should have said something before qualifiers and shouldn't have let them even get this far, but obvious biased aside. They got banned for 6 months and those 6 months are not over yet so technically they should still be banned? I mean I don't see the issue with there reasons the only issue here is timing.

What? I think they are talking about DQ bans from titles in previous season not the honorbuddy 6 months ban

Edited by Niezeremake, 03 September 2015 - 05:38 PM.

[Shear]: tell Nieze to never speak shit when im legit

#10 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:37 PM

he wasnt banned for honorbuddy, he was 72 hour banned for account sharing. and now he cant participate in the only relevant esports event because we will beat rmd :)

#11 Elictic

Elictic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:38 PM

well i mean they literally told us we could all play before qualifiers (because we asked ...)

and they dont care now (oh our bad na you still cant play lol lsd noobs)

Nerf locks by 10% because Praii RMD couldn't qualify even by cheating #scum

#12 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

he wasnt banned for honorbuddy, he was 72 hour banned for account sharing. and now he cant participate in the only relevant esports event because we will beat rmd :)

Oh... I figured he meant hb when he said the wave from last season. My bad.

Edited by Nicholaes92, 03 September 2015 - 05:40 PM.

AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#13 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

Then yeah if he was banned last season for only 72 hours because of something like account sharing that's pretty dumb.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#14 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:46 PM

Blizzard being retarded as per usual.
Posted Image

#15 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:56 PM

lol at banned players feeling entitled to anything.

Don't be a scumbag if you don't want to face the punishment.
S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#16 Elictic

Elictic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

Typical braindead scum priest here boyz, WOO INSTANT LAY ON HADNDS FAGT

#17 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

punishment is fair I guess, should be known beforehand tho so x players dont spend countless of hours practising and preparing just to get a big fat slap in the face right b4 the tournament is about to happen

anyone else but lagyna that has gotten removed? any info?

I cant help but feel like someone in the qualified teams has something to do with this tho lol.

I just don't see why blizz would take this kind of action randomly, its so dumb

Edited by Dakkrothy, 03 September 2015 - 06:08 PM.

#18 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

Two sides to it.. both are right and wrong in ways. Either way, the fault is with Blizzard. They had butchered philosophies when it came to dealing with cheaters for a long time and they've flipped a switch without offering any other incentives to turn to the other side.

Any botters or russian hacker type players should still be banned forever, IMO, regardless of new accounts.. but placing the blame on players taking what was essentially free money for a long is wrong, because there's no other motivation to play. If those players weren't active doing pilots, the queues would just be more dead.

This is Blizzards fault because there should be some sort of consistent reward for playing at a top level, either $ rewards, opportunities besides one tournament a year, in game rewards like 310 flying in BC, etc. There is very little competition. If you're a top player that's beyond the point where attaining R1 titles is a challenge, what's there to keep you competing? Absolutely nothing, and it's Blizzards fault and it's why blame shouldn't be on players that take free money from doing pilot services.

If it was worth putting time into the game, we wouldn't have these grey area conundrums. This is coming from someone whom was very anti-pilot for a long time until I realized exactly how things were at the top end. The truth is, there is very little competition and there are almost no rewards, and for a long time players went completely unpunished for doing pilots.

We see team sponsorships now, and if there were many more Blizzard endorsed tournaments or ways to make it worth the players time/effort, bans from those things as punishment would make total sense as the other side would be worth something instead of having a toxic grey conundrum where there isn't a right choice and there being free money with option A or risk losing something basically meaningless with option B. They can't possibly expect a player to turn down thousands of dollars and offer absolutely no alternative or motivation to do the "right" things, especially considering how few accounts were actually banned in the past.

Edit: The consequences for Blizzard neglecting things is the sub count cut in half.. Kappa.

Edit2: I'm just realizing they are DQ'ing players after qualifying.. that process should have been done long before sign ups ended..

Edited by Avengelyne, 03 September 2015 - 06:24 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#19 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

My mates were DQ like 2 days before the 3rd qualifiers, and after the sign-up limit, meaning that the team can't replace them. Blizzard said that there was some "suspicious" activity on the account. (Account sharing- for what they paid with no titles, and a X hours bans.)

I think the problem the OP wants to say is more about time than about being DQ. Even if i can understand that it could be extremly frustrating and you can be mad.

Why did they allow people playing and qualifying at the first and second tournament without problem, even if those people are making boost, advertise boost with streams and videos, and in the same time, select some people for DQ, and if it's true, DQ people AFTER the 3rd.

I honestly think there is some kind of... favoritism or i don't know how to say it.
Or if you can tell me the complete list of who in the qualifers has been DQ, i'm maybe wrong on the last point.

This is weird.

EDIT : Oh by the way, if one of the 3 (RMD) teams which go to Blizzcon can stole me a code for the Illidan-pet, i would be soooo grateful.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 03 September 2015 - 06:10 PM.

Posted Image

#20 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:12 PM