Aptos
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1/0

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:36 AM

Hi all

Recently my friend and I have come back to wow after half a year or so and we want to have some fun doing 2v2. He is currently levelling his warlock should hit 100 in the next day or two so my question to you is what would be viable to play with his lock as affliction. I have a rogue and mage at level 100 ready to go or a mw monk and shaman I could level up with him. i'm not sure what would give us a stronger chance in 2's being double dps or lock/healer? As from what I have read lock/healer usually games drag on into dampening.

I know that warlocks are ment to be horrible in 2v2 and most people say to avoid them unless its 3v3 ect but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

Lock-Healer goes into dampening, but lock shaman is one of the best comps in 2s (before the nerfs at least)

As Lock-Dps you'll most likely insta lose to everything unless your partner is a feral / moonkin.

#3 Aptos

Aptos
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1/0

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

Really don't like the idea of playing into dampening at all now really so leaves me with mage or rogue to play with his lock don't have druid for feral or moonkin ect.

#4 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

Play Lock Shaman or don't play 2s at all as a warlock

Lock Feral works to an extent, but nothing special

if you plan on playing 3s, warrior/lock/sham, feral/lock/sham, enhancement/lock/druid are the comps you want to play

that's pretty much it

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#5 Fakalock

Fakalock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 950
  • 3v3: 2205
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationGuthenburg, Sweden

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

More or less what the others said. If u want a good comp u will have to accept that dampening is unavoidable. Rsham is your best option for that. Hpally works but isnt as good.

If u want to have fun and dont care that much about the high ratings a boomkin would be a good option (i play that myself on my horde with friends for fun).

If u just want to have fun with non dampening comps and dont care about ratings i would say that u should go with your mage. the lock will get killed fast vs most dubble dps comps but vs dps/healer u do stand a fair chance. Even if u lose it wil atleast be quick :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<