#1 Nukah

Nukah
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Alexstrasza
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:52 AM

Well I'm not sure whats going on but in 3v3 and 5v5 whenever a team goes for me sometimes I die which results in a loss. I live sometimes, but it seems to be a team thing. If they can kill me once they can kill me again in another match, but if they can't kill me then well they never kill me.

Our team has ridiculous problems when killing other mages and they're still able to get off polys on our war sometimes. When I get FF'd it just seems i drop so fast and kiting against a warrior with bof and you have hamstring.

Normally its not that bad, but today my 3v3 (war/me/priest) went against a war/ENHANCE shammy/pally and won the first game because the shammy was on the priest and the war was on me and we rocked the shammy pretty fast. Then we play a few games get our rating up and verse this team three times in a row...and lose 60 points (the war is pissed atm).  

It just seems like when there is one melee dps on me with bof I drop like a rock so I have to run away and whenever i try to nova sheep something I can't due to various interrupts or warrior getting bof. The only time I can get off a sheep is when I ice block when I get low and they gun straight for our priest to stop him from healing me and then I pop out and get one.

Is there an art to killing mages? Like do you need certain requirements met to successfully kill a mage? How do you guys live as mages, I'm using all the escape methods I have but it just doesn't seem enough for me to be able to do my job and live. What should my team do to help me out (3v3/5v5)?

We lost a few games in 5v5 too cause I do so much CC and dps that when they ff me and I can't do all that I would like to. 5v5 comp = war/me/lock/restosham/pally. There was so much talk over the last week of whats supposed to happen when I get ff'd and they think that I should just suck it up and get off sheeps with 3 people on me and the lock just stick to only dps.

Anyways, sorry for the long post! Help needed badly >.<

#2 buena

buena
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

In nearly any 5v5, the guy who is getting focused by the enemy team has one job and one job only: stay alive.  Usually this means running towards your healer and preferably out of LOS of the enemy team's ranged.  In our case it can also mean ice blocking.  Trying to do anything other than flee with 3 or 4 DPS on you is, in a word, dumb, and your team should not expect it.  That said however, it is on you to notice when you are really being focused (hint: no one else is taking damage) versus when they have switched off you or you are just soaking dots or AoE damage.  In which case you should still try to do your job.

In your 3v3, your priest needs to dispell BoF.  Run towards him, up into his face, while calling for a dispell on vent.  That way he can't fail to notice a BoF'ed warrior is owning his mage.  If your priest seems too busy, it's worth a shot to spellsteal BoF.  Especially against the team you describe, which would have few other buffs.

#3 Nukah

Nukah
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Alexstrasza
  • Rampage

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

Yea after getting pizzowned I remembered that they have no other buffs besides bof if its up...heh

#4 Haet

Haet
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:05 AM

buena said:

If your priest seems too busy, it's worth a shot to spellsteal BoF.  Especially against the team you describe, which would have few other buffs.
i would suggest the priest dispelling useless buffs off the warrior at the beginning of the match if at all possible. Then once the warrior gets bof plan on stealing it so not only does it let u snare him but it keeps hamstring off you.

dont forget that trinket removes snares and stuns too. If you are being FFd and near death you probably arent gonna need that trinket to get out of a sheep or fear later, dont be affraid to use it for kiting.

and to get off sheeps you can cast a frostbolt, and then as soon as it gets pummeled target the warrior and cast sheep. Doesnt always work because you can be stunned or hit with some other interrupt during the sheep but its better than walking around trying to outrun someone while hamstrung.

#5 Nukah

Nukah
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Alexstrasza
  • Rampage

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:42 AM

Haet said:

buena said:

If your priest seems too busy, it's worth a shot to spellsteal BoF.  Especially against the team you describe, which would have few other buffs.
i would suggest the priest dispelling useless buffs off the warrior at the beginning of the match if at all possible. Then once the warrior gets bof plan on stealing it so not only does it let u snare him but it keeps hamstring off you.

dont forget that trinket removes snares and stuns too. If you are being FFd and near death you probably arent gonna need that trinket to get out of a sheep or fear later, dont be affraid to use it for kiting.

and to get off sheeps you can cast a frostbolt, and then as soon as it gets pummeled target the warrior and cast sheep. Doesnt always work because you can be stunned or hit with some other interrupt during the sheep but its better than walking around trying to outrun someone while hamstrung.

I'll make sure our priesty gets on that. I always end up using my trinket at the worst times so I guess I can work on that and never though on casting another spell for it to get pummeled thx for the tip ;)

#6 fingardis

fingardis
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:09 AM

Haet said it, you need to make sure your team strips the warrior down completly asap.  Then every time they throw him freedom, steal it or call on vent to have it purged.

Make sure you have rank 1 Ice armor on your bars aswell.  If your stripped you need to recast it, odds are if they stripped it once they'll probably do it again, so max rank isn't worth the mana.  If its a shaman stripping you, recast rank 1 dampen aswell.  Costs them more mana then it costs you.

Fake your sheep!  Cancel the cast just about half way and watch that pumbel hit nothing.  Baiting the pumbel on a frost spell can work, but isn't always the best choice considering you'll probably want to use the frost tree while the warrior is sheeped.

Make the warrior afraid to train you, and find his limits.  There are places on the map where warriors won't follow you, use them when you need to relieve pressure.  Behind pillers, 50 yards from their priest, anywhere you wouldn't want your warrior to go.
If they follow you back there, make the idiot pay!  Sheep him, and then have everyone start channeling right in his face.  We gib the warrior almost every time hes dumb enough to chase that far back.

Always keep an eye on your healer(s).  You need to work with them and not make them work around you.
o_O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<