Photo

New mage, looking for help with gear to choose.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cluyie

Cluyie
  • Members

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:59 AM

Hello!
I reached level 100 for a couple a weeks ago, and therefor need some gear advises.
First of all, should i go for the 4 set bonus? and in that case, which piece should not be from the set?
Second, i have a hard time to figure out what trinkets to use. After reading on this forum, i cant figure out if i shall choose the pvp trinket (to get out of cc) or int + versa on use and another one and what other one? :) And if i should go for the pvp trinket, which stat should i take it with then? and shall the other trinket be the int + versa on use one?
The last questions is not about gear but about what talent to choose. Should I go for Rof or FJ? I think that Rof shares dr with polymorph and thats why i should take Fj.

Im sorry for being a bit newbie, but i figured out that it would be best to ask some better mages! :)
Hope someone can help me!

#2 qtboixoxo

qtboixoxo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1550
  • 3v3: 1889

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

Go with 4 set, and get the haste/versa helm. Otherwise stack haste, enchant haste on everything and get mark of warsong on your wep cause haste is the shiiiiiet. Clutch polys/rings and so on saves the game.
As for trinkets, if you're human get the on use with versa/intellect and get the proc one with versa/intellect. If you're not human i think the insigna with versa is the best and then the proc with versa/intellect.
FJ is basically the default but as a rule of thumb you go RoF vs druid comps (mainly restro druid)

#3 Beariorn

Beariorn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1139

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

haste and versa are primary stats
Twitch.tv/tckz -RatLeague Mage Play for Funz

"I take this srsly because wow is a srs game."

#4 Cluyie

Cluyie
  • Members

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:39 PM

Oki thank you! :)
I know about the stats, but it was more the trinket and set bonus i had some doubts. But the accolade trinket has now dropped in Ashran, and what i can calculate is that the accolade trinket is better than the int + vers on use. Is that true or should i still go with the int + vers?
I am a Gnome mage, so i use the insigna with either stam og vers depending who im up against, so i cant change that trinket!

Im playing with a hunter, and we know which spells shares DR but does anyone have some good tips for this combo?

#5 Cluyie

Cluyie
  • Members

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

Btw the accolade trinket is with int+ haste

#6 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:34 PM

Btw the accolade trinket is with int+ haste

fk you, this one refuses to drop for me ;)

anyway

gear is easy, let me know if you want a full list for each slot

4 set - use it, either with the offset haste/versatility head or the offset haste/mastery chest - the difference between all gear at the moment is basically non existent but if you really want the absolute best you can do then pick one of those

trinkets - use the versatility pvp medallion plus the haste accolade trinket for now until you can afford to buy the passive versatility/proc intellect trinket, then try them both out to see which playstyle you prefer. Stay away from the versatility on use trinkets in general, since they are absolute trash unless combined with an additional buff/proc

shout if any other questions

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 07 September 2015 - 04:35 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#7 Cluyie

Cluyie
  • Members

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

Haha yeah i heard its droprate was low, so was very satisfied when it dropped :D And it was only my 3th item in there :D
Thank you, but i think i have control over the items for now :) going for the 4 set bonus and the vers/haste helm.
Im not sure i totally understand what you mean about the trinkets hehe. I go for medallion and the accolade.
Should i then shift the accolade trinket out with the vers/ proc int trinket when i can afford it? :) Because at the moment i like the ekstra haste so my poly has so low cast time as possible, due to interrupt and so on :)
I also have an ekstra question. DOes warrior have a spell that can despell my ice block. It has happend a couple of time now, that the warrior has got me out of the ice block. Atleast i think it is the warrior :P

#8 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:07 AM

I also have an ekstra question. DOes warrior have a spell that can despell my ice block. It has happend a couple of time now, that the warrior has got me out of the ice block. Atleast i think it is the warrior :P

yes, there is a glyph that teaches warriors an ability to break iceblock/pala bubble

Im not sure i totally understand what you mean about the trinkets hehe. I go for medallion and the accolade.
Should i then shift the accolade trinket out with the vers/ proc int trinket when i can afford it? :) Because at the moment i like the ekstra haste so my poly has so low cast time as possible, due to interrupt and so on :)

what I mean is - both the accolade haste trinket and the proc int trinket are very good

you are lucky enough to have gotten the haste trinket early, so use that and forget about that trinket slot while you get the rest of your gear

once you have more gear and spare conqest points, you can try out the proc damage trinket and see if you prefer that or if you want to stick with the haste trinket for good

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 08 September 2015 - 11:11 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<