Shadow pvp BG RBG Priest Auspicious spirits Clarity of Power

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lunduin

Lunduin
  • Members

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:04 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm writing this down as i am curious on how you guys think about mainly the 2 different talent setups that are being used at the moment in bg's and rbg's by shadow priests.

The most that i've seen are those who play CoP which looks like this:

1. Spectral Guise
2. Angelic Feather
3. Surge of Darkness
4. Psychic Scream
5. Twist of Fate/Shadowy Insight
6. Cascade/Halo
7. Clarity of Power

Glyphs: Psychic horror - Mass dispell - Fade

- This is the mobile Shadow priest with everything instant cast and build up to burst right?

Recently i've been trying out the other setup i've not seen that much in randoms etc.
The Auspicious Spirits setup:

1. Spectral Guise
2. Angelic Feather
3. Surge of Darkness
4. Psychic Scream
5. Shadowy Insight
6. Cascade/Halo
7. Auspicious Spirits

Glyphs: Psychic horror - Silence - Mind Harvest

- With this one i feel better, it makes procs from SW: Pain more rewarding if you can dot many players. And the burst just keep following up very fast. You see another player boom MB proc
and 3 new orbs tnx to Mind Harvest which let you Devour so much and making Vampiric Embrace very effective

Gearwise with CoP i went with Haste and Mastery. With AS im going Crit and Mastery

So this is my opinion. What do you guys think about these two? Which do prefer and why?
Do you know other setups or much better? Please share! :)

Thanks for reading!

#2 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

For AS mastery is literally your worst stat, go for crit > haste.
Around ~30% crit (buffed) AS will pull ahead on 2+ targets orb-generation wise (not necessarily damage wise).

For the spec, don't ever play with Shadowy Insight, play with ToF for both specs, especially with AS, your orb generation (with proper gear) will be high enough (to a point where you spam DP every global). Always play with cascade.
As for glyphs, avoid Mind Harvest, it's really bad. Silence glyph could be nice, as your 3rd glyph slot just pick MD.

As for CoP, just use the standard "arena build".

#3 Lunduin

Lunduin
  • Members

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

For AS mastery is literally your worst stat, go for crit > haste.
Around ~30% crit (buffed) AS will pull ahead on 2+ targets orb-generation wise (not necessarily damage wise).

For the spec, don't ever play with Shadowy Insight, play with ToF for both specs, especially with AS, your orb generation (with proper gear) will be high enough (to a point where you spam DP every global). Always play with cascade.
As for glyphs, avoid Mind Harvest, it's really bad. Silence glyph could be nice, as your 3rd glyph slot just pick MD.

As for CoP, just use the standard "arena build".

Thank you very much, i will try that asap! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadow, pvp, BG, RBG, Priest, Auspicious spirits, Clarity of Power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<