Mekila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:57 PM

Currently bugged/broken:

Frigid dreadplate: 5/10/15% chance for enemies that hit you in melee to reduce their attack speed by 50% for the next 3 swings.

Took 3/3 in this talent and let lvl 70 mobs beat on me while staring at their debuffs. It didn't proc once. Was I not looking at debuffs carefully enough? No, I even died once because I was focusing my attention completely on the debuff icons. Either the debuff isn't showing or it doesn't work at all.

Blood of the North: Whenever you use a Blood Strike, there is a 20/40/60/80/100% chance that the Blood Rune will become a Death Rune when it activates.

Sounds like quite an awesome talent, it would resolve a lot of the issues of being frost rune starved while spec'd deep frost. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. No Death runes, not 10 seconds later, not 20 seconds later.

Frost Strike: Instant attack that does 50% weapon dmg + X as frost dmg. Does double damage to Frozen targets.

Doesn't give double damage on frozen targets. Hits for less than any other attack in the game, does about the damage of a dot tick (200-300) and crits for 300-400. Totally broken, and I'm not even sure it would be worth taking if it worked the way its described atm.

Notes on Frostbite: 5/10/15% chance to freeze target with Icy Touch or Mind Freeze.

If you proc frostbite on Icy Touch, there is no attack you can use to benefit from the bonus freeze damage. I guess you can waste your kick ability (mind freeze) to hope you proc frostbite for an Icy Touch shatter, but what if you need to interrupt a spell later?

All this talent will do now is cause DR on your other manual freeze spells. I guess you can save your Howling winds for RNG procs, but you don't have enough frost runes to make it reliable.

Until Frost Strike is fixed I don't see myself taking this talent.

Ticks of dots from diseases also seem to be breaking frozen targets immediately. Not sure how they expect us to tank as frost, the 'tanking' spec when our main abilities (freezing and disease) don't work together.

Edited by Mekila, 30 July 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#2 Exiledshmoo

Exiledshmoo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

There were some massive blue posts regarding those exact points that you brought up. According to the blue post, they have identified a lot of the things that made a dk fun and the abilities that are cumbersome.

They are going to be tweaking talents, combining abilities, simplifying diseases, and making diseases play well with freezes.

So it looks like they are on the same beat with you.

http://forums.worldo...2766506&sid=1#0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<